Windows 10: Internet Explorer 11 Crashes Immediately Upon Opening

Discus and support Internet Explorer 11 Crashes Immediately Upon Opening in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This just started to be a problem on two computers I oversee. As soon as you open IE11 you get a white screen - not responding - and then about 20... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ITAnon_QWERTY, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Internet Explorer 11 Crashes Immediately Upon Opening

This just started to be a problem on two computers I oversee. As soon as you open IE11 you get a white screen - not responding - and then about 20 seconds later it closes. I have tried everything except for a fresh install... I've reset IE to default, I've uninstalled by selecting windows features and de-selecting IE11 and restarting and selecting it after the restart to install it. I've downloaded IE11 off the microsoft website and installed it again, I've turned off all addons, I did all the recent windows updates that the computer had missed. I don't even know what to try anymore I've tried so much stuff I've done system file checkers everything and it all seems fine. Microsoft is not replying to anyone in the feedback hub that his this problem so here is the crash report and here's to hoping someone from Microsoft sees this and does more than copy paste how to reset the browser .

Source

Internet Explorer

Summary

Stopped working

Date

‎11/‎4/‎2019 4:09 PM

Status

Report sent

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: IEXPLORE.EXE

Application Version: 11.0.18362.1

Application Timestamp: 9a0cc333

Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.0.18362.387

Fault Module Timestamp: a4208572

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00074090

OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 1abe

Additional Information 2: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8

Additional Information 3: 1abe

Additional Information 4: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: dcaa8a030309f422fe0031842eab7950 (2161782264926271824)

:)

ITAnon_QWERTY, Nov 4, 2019

2. My internet explorer 11 keeps shutting down when I open it.

Hi Sam,

Internet Explorer 11 may keep on crashing due to incompatible add-ins or a result of a corrupted browser. As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest resetting it by following the steps on this article:

Internet Explorer opens, flashes, and then closes immediately when you start it
    . This helps in fixing any settings that may have changed when using the application.

Let us know the result of your troubleshooting.

Dhavelyn Mer, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Internet Explorer 11 as well as Edge in Windows 10 crashes

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is
    with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter.
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Step 2: I suggest you to reset the Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Refer the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Reset Internet explorer disclaimer:

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Step 3: Clear caches and cookies

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• After that click on (…) “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature, Select Cached data and file.

• Here you need to check the option you want to clear and click “Clear” button.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Internet Explorer 11 Crashes Immediately Upon Opening

internet explore 11 on my laptop (win 10) is crashing and unable to restore

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I would suggest you to run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter which would tell us the reason behind the issue.

Follow these steps to run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

I would also suggest you to refer to the following article and follow the steps given except resetting Internet Explorer. It has various steps to resolve the issue related to Internet Explorer performance.

What to do when Internet Explorer stops working.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Internet Explorer 11 Crashes Immediately Upon Opening

1. Internet Explorer 11 Crashes Immediately Upon Opening - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer Crashes

2. Network & Internet Settings will not open and crash immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network & Internet Settings will not open and crash immediately: I started experiencing this issue earlier today when I started my Windows 10 PC. It failed to start and said it encountered an error. After two tries windows finally booted up and once I was into my desktop it failed to connect to the internet. To remedy this issue I...
  3. Network & Internet Settings will not open and crash immediately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network & Internet Settings will not open and crash immediately: I started experiencing this issue earlier today when I started my Windows 10 PC. It failed to start and said it encountered an error. After two tries windows finally booted up and once I was into my desktop it failed to connect to the internet. To remedy this issue I...
  4. Network & Internet Settings will not open and crash immediately

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. File Explorer crashes upon opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashes upon opening.: I just opened my pc today and it started crashing upon opening file explorer. I haven’t modified or installed anything new the day before. I am a bit confused as to why it’s doing this. I’ve tried rebooting and a system file scan and currently on the latest windows version. I...
  6. File Explorer crashes upon opening.

File Explorer crashes upon opening.: I just opened my pc today and it started crashing upon opening file explorer. I haven’t modified or installed anything new the day before. I am a bit confused as to why it’s doing this. I’ve tried rebooting and a system file scan and currently on the latest windows version. I...
  7. Unable to open up any Windows Settings. Crashes immediately upon opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open up any Windows Settings. Crashes immediately upon opening.: I am not sure when it start but I am unable to open up Windows Settings or anything related to Windows Settings i.e services or notification settings, etc. When I initially try to open it after a fresh boot, it gives an error that says "The instruction at 0x00007FF87A8A4F34...
  8. Unable to open up any Windows Settings. Crashes immediately upon opening.

Unable to open up any Windows Settings. Crashes immediately upon opening.: I am not sure when it start but I am unable to open up Windows Settings or anything related to Windows Settings i.e services or notification settings, etc. When I initially try to open it after a fresh boot, it gives an error that says "The instruction at 0x00007FF87A8A4F34...
  9. Windows 10 Mail and Calendar apps immediately crash upon opening

Windows 10 Mail and Calendar apps immediately crash upon opening: Windows 10 version 1709 Mail and Calendar apps crash immediately after opening. I see the window for the app appear briefly, and then is gone a moment later. I tried running the "Windows Store Apps" troubleshooter, which was able to detect the app crashing problem, but...
  10. Windows Update Immediately Crashes Upon Opening

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Immediately Crashes Upon Opening: Hello, I am trying to update my Windows 10 version but every time I load the Windows Update application it immediately closes. I have tried starting Windows in Safe Mode and the application does not close immediately but there is a constant stream of horizontal loading...