Windows 10: Internet Explorer 11 Desktop Icon

Discus and support Internet Explorer 11 Desktop Icon in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; It is possoible to create a proper IE11 desktop Icon like the one in Windows 7?: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ndows-7-a.html Thank you 18051 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Jorge Martins, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Internet Explorer 11 Desktop Icon

Jorge Martins, Aug 20, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Browser Internet Explorer 11 Windows 10 update

Internet Explorer 11 has been replaced by Microsoft Edge. That's why you don't see an icon for it on the Taskbar. IE 11 is still included with Windows for backwards compatibility.

To put a shortcut for IE 11 on your desktop, use the same method as in Windows 8 and Windows 7: Right-click on the executable and choose Send to...Desktop. Change the home page from Bing in Internet Options.

BulldogXX, Aug 20, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Log-on Password changed by microsoft account

If you would prefer to use Internet Explorer 11 as well as or instead of Microsoft Edge, follow these instructions.

To add Internet Explorer 11 to taskbar:

1. In the "Search the Web and Windows" area by the Start menu, type "internet explorer".

2. Click on "Internet Explorer Desktop App" at the top of the results and Internet Explorer 11 will open.

3. Right-click on Internet Explorer icon on taskbar and select "Pin this program to taskbar".

To set Internet Explorer 11 as default web browser:

1. In the "Search the Web and Windows" area by the Start menu, type "default programs".

2. Click on "Default Programs Desktop App" at the top of the results and the Default Programs app will open.

3. Click on the first option, "Set your default programs".

4. Find Internet Explorer in the Programs pane on the left and click on it.

5. On the right, click on "Set this program as default", and then OK.

6. Next time you click on a link in an email, a window should popup asking "How do you want to open this?".

7. Click on Internet Explorer and tick "Always use this app" then click OK.

Internet Explorer 11 should now be the default browser for links.

David Schofield_123, Aug 20, 2015
  4. Internet Explorer 11 Desktop Icon

what I did was type in ie11 into the search bar and right click the result at the top and told it to pin to start. Then you can right click the pinned shortcut and choose open file location. Copy the shortcut to the desktop. Done.

or right click the result as before but instead choose open file location and copy and paste the shortcut to the desktop.

GamerwGlasses, Aug 20, 2015
  5. I was not refering to a shortcut in the desktop. I was asking for the proper Icon, where you can delete your browser history, etc.

Jorge Martins, Aug 20, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Jorge, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you like, you can use that same tutorial to create a IE11 desktop icon in Windows 10 as well.

Brink, Aug 23, 2015
  7. I don't know why, it didn't work! Can you help me please?

Thank you

Jorge Martins, Aug 24, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Internet Explorer 11 Desktop Icon

Did you use the download in step 3? If so, refresh (F5) your desktop to see if the IE desktop icon appears.

Brink, Aug 24, 2015
  9. No, I have downloaded the one in step 2, for IE 32 bits in 64 bits OS.
    Should I download the other one?
    I tried in a Windows 10 32 bits notebook.

10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    For a 32-bit OS, you would want to use the download in step 1 instead.

Use step 4 to remove it, and start fresh again. *Smile

Brink, Aug 24, 2015
  11. I will do this, thanks.
    I do also have 2 Windows 10 64 bits machines. In Windows 7 I used IE 32 bits. In Windows 10 should I use 32 or 64 bits?

12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    For 64-bit Windows 10, you would want to use step 3. *Smile

Brink, Aug 24, 2015
  13. Internet Explorer 11 Desktop Icon

Thank you very much.

14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Aug 24, 2015
  15. Hi again Brink,
    Unfortunately it didn't worked!
    I get back to the 32 bits Windows 10 notebook and used the step 4 to undo the previous mistake. Than used step 1, pressed F5, rebooted and it didn't work.
    Tried step 1 in a 32 bits Windows 7 notebook, pressed F5 and got the icon.
    I am wondering if there is something changed in Windows 10 that makes it not to work?

Jorge Martins, Aug 25, 2015
Thema:

Internet Explorer 11 Desktop Icon

1. Internet Explorer 11 Desktop Icon - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer Desktop

2. Internet Explorer 11 Icon Unremovable

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11 Icon Unremovable: As stated in the title, I have a internet explorer 11 icon my desktop that can't be removed, I've also tried uninstalling internet explorer 11 entirely however the icon remains but is unusable. I've tried using Antivirus TotalAV to scan my computer but it didnt seem to show...
  3. Desktop icons changed to Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons changed to Internet Explorer: Recently all my desktop icons for web links have changed to Internet Explorer. Firefox is my default browser. How can I change them back? I'm using Windows 10 operating system....
  4. Internet explorer 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internet explorer 11: Internet explorer is not installed on my devices and icloud will only sync bookmark etc. with this and not the edge browser. Where can I find this download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-11/3fd9abe4-4ce3-42e3-9e63-85a391e39ab9
  5. Internet Explorer Icon

Internet Explorer Icon: I use Microsoft Edge, but for some reason the internet explorer icon has popped up on my task bar. I have tried deleting it, but it won't go away! How do I get rid of internet explorer?...
  6. Internet explorer 11

Internet explorer 11: I can't find Internet Explorer 11 on my computer and it was they're like 2 months ago. What do I do? I've gone on to add it on programs and features and it's not even there and it's not under Windows accessories in the start menu...
  7. Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer 11: I uninstalled IE 11 after it ceased being accessible from my Windows10 laptop. I was not able to reinstall using any method. Is there a fix for this? Scotty...
  8. Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11: Not too keen on the Edge browser so how can I go back to my IE 11 and still keep Edge. 33157
  9. Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11: Internet explorer 11 will not open, did an upgrade from 8.1 to 10 home edition. I have run a repair install & dism /restorehealth , unchecked ie 11 in programs & features rebooted and still nothing need help. 23758
  10. Add or Remove Internet Explorer Desktop Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Internet Explorer Desktop Icon in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Internet Explorer Desktop Icon in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Internet Explorer Desktop Icon in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows includes the common This PC (aka: Computer), User's Files, Network, Recycle Bin, and Control Panel shortcuts...