Windows 10: Internet Explorer 11 doesn't show webpages properly after System Reset

Discus and support Internet Explorer 11 doesn't show webpages properly after System Reset in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I really hate doing a Repair Install, as I just got my system reloaded from System Reset. This stinks! If your only problem on your Windows 10 is IE11... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Jesse Williams, Jan 27, 2016.

1. OldMike65 Win User

Internet Explorer 11 doesn't show webpages properly after System Reset

If your only problem on your Windows 10 is IE11 then I would NOT do a repair install for such a minor problem Jesse!! But of course the choice is yours. I would not give up trying to fix IE11 just yet. *Smile

OldMike65, Jan 28, 2016

2. Right now, IE 11 is the only problem. I pretty much have the other issues fixed.

Jesse Williams, Jan 28, 2016
  3. No just clear cache and history
    Then run Ccleaner
    Then a Restart as I have already posted twice already

hTconeM9user, Jan 28, 2016
  4. Internet Explorer 11 doesn't show webpages properly after System Reset

I will do that and see if that fixes it.

5. It did on mine when I was using windows 8.1 and IE11

6. OldMike65 Win User
    does your display problem just happen on MSN or does it happen on all or any web page Jesse?

OldMike65, Jan 28, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Just to be sure............... reset IE requires restart computer afterwards. Did you do the restart ?

davidhk, Jan 28, 2016
  8. Internet Explorer 11 doesn't show webpages properly after System Reset

Yes, I restarted my computer after the reset of IE. I even cleared the cache and history then I ran Ccleaner and rebooted again. None of that helped.

9. Seems to happen only on MSN. It displayed correctly when I went to Ten Forums on IE 11.

10. davidhk Win User
    By the way, have you updated to 10586.71 ?

davidhk, Jan 28, 2016
  11. I am pretty sure I have every update installed, as I make sure my computer is up to date with everything each time an update is released. But I will check to see what Build Number I have.

12. Internet Explorer 11 doesn't show webpages properly after System Reset [​IMG]

13. davidhk Win User

Well. There is nothing in my "bag of tricks" that can help you any further.

I apologize for not being helpful.

Good luck.

davidhk, Jan 28, 2016
  14. That is okay. You did help me out to what you knew and I thank you for that. I will try looking online and see what I can find for this issue. Others have reported the same issue, but so far no solution has been found except for something about Compatibility View, but that's not
    tie problem here.

15. Found this see if this will help you

Why can't I see pictures on websites?

Are you seeing a red "X" (or other placeholder) instead of an image on a webpage?
    This might be caused by a broken link, a compatibility problem between the site and Internet Explorer, or something else that might be fixed by changing Internet Explorer's settings.

I can see most pictures, but not all of them

If the problem is with an individual picture or page, you should be able to see some pictures on that site or on other sites.
    Here are a few things to try:

•Open the page in the desktop, and right-click (or press and hold) the empty space where the picture should be.
    Then tap or click Show picture in the dropdown menu.
    If this doesn't work, the link to the picture might be broken, which is a problem that the site's owner has to fix.

•Open the page in the desktop and try turning on Compatibility View to see if there's a compatibility problem that's preventing images from displaying properly.

•You might want to turn off Tracking Protection and ActiveX Filtering for this site.
    Tracking Protection and ActiveX Filtering help protect your privacy by blocking images or other content that might put your security or privacy at risk.

I can't see pictures on any websites

If you can't view any pictures on any sites, make sure Internet Explorer is set to display pictures, then try deleting your temporary Internet files, or resetting Internet Explorer's settings. Here's how:

To set Internet Explorer to display pictures

1.Open the desktop, and then tap or click the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar.

2.Tap or click Tools button Tools button, and then tap or click Internet options.

3.On the Advanced tab, under Multimedia, tap or click the Show pictures check box, and tap or click OK.

If this doesn't work, try clearing your temporary Internet files.

To clear temporary Internet files

1.Open the desktop, and then tap or click the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar.

2.Tap or click Tools button Tools button, and then tap or click Internet options.

3.On the General tab, under Browsing history, tap or click Delete.

4.In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, clear the Temporary Internet files and website files check box.

5.Tap or click Delete, and then tap or click OK.

If this doesn't work, try resetting your security settings.

To reset Internet Explorer's security settings

2.Tap or click the Tools button Tools button, and then tap or click Internet options.

3.On the Security tab, tap or click Default level, and then tap or click OK.
    If none of these suggestions work, you can try resetting Internet Explorer to its default settings.

Thema:

1. Internet Explorer 11 doesn't show webpages properly after System Reset - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer doesn't

2. File explorer not showing network properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer not showing network properly: I would like to start by stressing that my network is working perfectly. My problem is not a network problem, it is a File Explorer problem. I have a network with 4 NAS devices, a printer, a Dell desktop, and an MSI laptop, both running Win 11 Pro 22H2, all connected by...
  3. File Explorer Not Showing Network Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Not Showing Network Properly: I have two Win 11 Home 64 bit laptops and one Win 10 Home 64 bit laptop networked together. All my file and folder shares work and I am able to map all the drives I need on all machines. The Network Pane and the Navigation pane in File Explorer on the Win 10 laptop and one of...
  4. Internet Explorer 11 doesn't work anymore after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet Explorer 11 doesn't work anymore after 2004 update: [ATTACH] I know, I know, the browser nobody uses, anymore. Except I have a niche usecase for it and it really hurts that it doesn't work anymore.Anybody who uses the SRS-software SuperMemo really is affected, as using Internet Explorer is often the best way to import...
  5. Search bar does not show App icon properly after system reset

in Cortana
    Search bar does not show App icon properly after system reset: Hi, I did a system reset without removing Apps & files using the option highlighted below [ATTACH] After the reset, I reinstalled Apps that have been removed by the reset process, then the search bar can no longer display Apps' icons properly. This issue only appear to...
  6. cursor doesn't show on internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cursor doesn't show on internet: My cursor does not show on the internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-doesnt-show-on-internet/3e2645a1-f246-41aa-9f96-5755efed986c
  7. Directory system not showing properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Directory system not showing properly: Hi I restored my computer this past weekend and have noticed something odd that I have never seen after a restore. I started moving files and folders back from my back ups and put my websites folder back into MY DOCUMENTS where I keep them stored and they I went to FTP some...
  8. How to RESTORE Internet Explorer 11 settings, not reset

in Browsers and Email
    How to RESTORE Internet Explorer 11 settings, not reset: hello community, I use Internet Explorer 11 to access my employer's intranet site to upload information and docs. when I logged in, all the 'Explanations' were hidden and I had to click on 'See Explanations' to reveal them - see image 'Capture 1'. capture 1 [img]...
  9. No Internet Explorer after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Internet Explorer after reset: Ouch. TenForums, thanks to Kyhi, has a recovery disk that you boot from to copy your data. Not sure of circumstances but so you you are aware should this happen again. You could try DISM, tutorial attached. Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image Two options, one...
  10. Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer: How to: Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer How to Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer [img] Information Internet Explorer will play sounds in webpages by default in Windows. If you like, you can turn off playing all...