Windows 10: Internet Explorer 11 doesn't show webpages properly after System Reset

Discus and support Internet Explorer 11 doesn't show webpages properly after System Reset in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Jesse, How about creating a new user account with exactly the same privileges as this one. Logon to it and see if the same issue persists. Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Jesse Williams, Jan 27, 2016.

1. davidhk Win User

Internet Explorer 11 doesn't show webpages properly after System Reset

Jesse,
    How about creating a new user account with exactly the same privileges as this one.
    Logon to it and see if the same issue persists.

davidhk, Jan 28, 2016

2. What do you get if you try In-Private browsing?

That blank area in the top right is an ad, do you have any extensions installed?

paulsalter, Jan 28, 2016
  3. I am sorry for the late reply. I will try that and see if that solves the problem.

Jesse Williams, Jan 28, 2016
  4. Internet Explorer 11 doesn't show webpages properly after System Reset

Paul, In-Private browsing displays correctly.

As far as extensions go, below is the screenshot of my Extensions. All are disabled though.

Internet Explorer 11 doesn't show webpages properly after System Reset [​IMG]

5. David, that issue does not persist with the new User Account.

6. davidhk Win User
    Use this user account for a few days to make sure.
    If no issues whatsoever, then go back to the original account > backup whatever you want to keep > delete the account.
    Why ? My conclusion is...... your original account is corrupted.

*** adding................. you mentioned you have "other problems". Do those problems persist in the new user account ?

davidhk, Jan 28, 2016
  7. Okay. Well, is there any way that you can fix a corrupted account?

My other issues have been pretty much resolved.

Jesse Williams, Jan 29, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

I know it is a pain backing up your files and then reinstalling all your 3rd party programs in the new user account.
    But, in a long run, deleting the corrupt account is a clear cut way to go.

Others might have ideas how to "mend" a corrupt account.
    Please wait a bit for others to come along.

You said.................... My other issues have been pretty much resolved.
    Was it because of the new account, or because you found ways to fix them ?

What I meant to ask was............In the new account, do you have any problems that you have or had encountered in the corrupt account ?

davidhk, Jan 29, 2016
  9. The new account seems to work okay. But, as far as problems that I have recently had, those were fixed after the System Reset of Windows 10.

10. I have looked up ways how to fix a corrupted account, but needed your approval first if I should do so.

11. davidhk Win User
    Thank you.

Well. I have given you what I know.
    The next step in in your court.
    If you decide to conclude this thread, please mark it as Solved.
    If you want to find way to fix the corrupt account, please wait a bit.

Good luck.

davidhk, Jan 29, 2016
  12. Okay. Thanks for your help. I will try and see if I can fix it by the solutions that I looked up and if that doesn't help, then I will leave the thread alone until someone else comes along.

13. davidhk Win User

You are welcome.

davidhk, Jan 29, 2016
  14. I went to this site How to fix a corrupt user profile in Windows - How-To - PC Advisor to see how to fix a corrupted user profile. It said that if I have a .bak or .ba at the end of my user profiles in the Registry Editor then my profile is corrupt. However, my profiles didn't have a .bak or .ba at the end of them.

So David, do you think it's still corrupt?

15. davidhk Win User
    In my opinion based only on personal experience without textbook to validate, the answer is yes, it is corrupted.

davidhk, Jan 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Internet Explorer 11 doesn't show webpages properly after System Reset - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer doesn't

2. File explorer not showing network properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer not showing network properly: I would like to start by stressing that my network is working perfectly. My problem is not a network problem, it is a File Explorer problem. I have a network with 4 NAS devices, a printer, a Dell desktop, and an MSI laptop, both running Win 11 Pro 22H2, all connected by...
  3. File Explorer Not Showing Network Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Not Showing Network Properly: I have two Win 11 Home 64 bit laptops and one Win 10 Home 64 bit laptop networked together. All my file and folder shares work and I am able to map all the drives I need on all machines. The Network Pane and the Navigation pane in File Explorer on the Win 10 laptop and one of...
  4. Internet Explorer 11 doesn't work anymore after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet Explorer 11 doesn't work anymore after 2004 update: [ATTACH] I know, I know, the browser nobody uses, anymore. Except I have a niche usecase for it and it really hurts that it doesn't work anymore.Anybody who uses the SRS-software SuperMemo really is affected, as using Internet Explorer is often the best way to import...
  5. Search bar does not show App icon properly after system reset

in Cortana
    Search bar does not show App icon properly after system reset: Hi, I did a system reset without removing Apps & files using the option highlighted below [ATTACH] After the reset, I reinstalled Apps that have been removed by the reset process, then the search bar can no longer display Apps' icons properly. This issue only appear to...
  6. cursor doesn't show on internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cursor doesn't show on internet: My cursor does not show on the internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-doesnt-show-on-internet/3e2645a1-f246-41aa-9f96-5755efed986c
  7. Directory system not showing properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Directory system not showing properly: Hi I restored my computer this past weekend and have noticed something odd that I have never seen after a restore. I started moving files and folders back from my back ups and put my websites folder back into MY DOCUMENTS where I keep them stored and they I went to FTP some...
  8. How to RESTORE Internet Explorer 11 settings, not reset

in Browsers and Email
    How to RESTORE Internet Explorer 11 settings, not reset: hello community, I use Internet Explorer 11 to access my employer's intranet site to upload information and docs. when I logged in, all the 'Explanations' were hidden and I had to click on 'See Explanations' to reveal them - see image 'Capture 1'. capture 1 [img]...
  9. No Internet Explorer after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Internet Explorer after reset: Ouch. TenForums, thanks to Kyhi, has a recovery disk that you boot from to copy your data. Not sure of circumstances but so you you are aware should this happen again. You could try DISM, tutorial attached. Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image Two options, one...
  10. Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer: How to: Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer How to Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer [img] Information Internet Explorer will play sounds in webpages by default in Windows. If you like, you can turn off playing all...