Windows 10: Internet Explorer 11 doesn't show webpages properly after System Reset

Discus and support Internet Explorer 11 doesn't show webpages properly after System Reset in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Okay. Just wanted to make sure. I wasn't saying you were wrong in any way. Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Jesse Williams, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Internet Explorer 11 doesn't show webpages properly after System Reset

Okay. Just wanted to make sure. I wasn't saying you were wrong in any way.

Jesse Williams, Jan 29, 2016
  2. davidhk Win User

I did not take it that way either.
    It's all good.

davidhk, Jan 29, 2016
  3. Anything under Tracking Protection?

paulsalter, Jan 29, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Internet Explorer 11 doesn't show webpages properly after System Reset

Seeing how David found a fix for your problem, and that was a Great Idea too!! Now instead of trying to fix your corrupt account, their seems to be a way for you to move some of your personal files to your new account. BEFORE doing any changes thou I would make a complete image backup right now!!! Use Macrium Reflect Free. save it to a 2nd drive. THEN you can start to move your files from old corrupt account to your new account. This needs two computers to complete from what I read, but has been tested and reported that it does work. Here is the link that explains it. Read Page #250 then you will need to download the free file PC Mover Express. Hope this helps you Jesse
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...-10-a-26.html?

OldMike65, Jan 29, 2016
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    @Jesse Williams Their might be one more thing you could try on your old account to see if you can fix your display problem on MSN's page. Not sure it will do anything better than you have already tried, but might be worth a shot. *Smile Log into your old account, then go to your MSN.COM page in IE11, once their, hit these keys all at same time. Ctrl, Shift, and Delete keys. That should pop up a menu giving you several choices..... click most of the choices listed, don't think you need to click the choices like Form Data, and Passwords, but click all the other ones. Then close your IE11 and reopen....to MSN.....see if anything is changed, might have to do this a couple times.....no need to reboot......just close IE each time....then reopen. Worth a shot....*Wink

OldMike65, Jan 29, 2016
  6. I know...David was a big help and I really appreciate it. It's just that I hate change. Being Autistic is what causes me to hate change. I don't mean to use it as a crutch, but I am just trying help you all better understand me. If I don't get the issue fixed, I will however use the new account as David said to do. All in all, I am just trying to point out that I do agree with everyone's comments and helpful suggestions thus far and I really appreciate all of the help I am getting from you guys. My ISP (CenturyLink) ran a scan on my system trying to fix it, but that didn't help. CenturyLink said they were trying to see if my configuration was affected.

7. I will check that out.

8. Internet Explorer 11 doesn't show webpages properly after System Reset

Paul, what do you mean "Anything under Tracking Protection?".

9. OldMike65 Win User
    Jesse also read my post #79 and try that.....on your old account.

OldMike65, Jan 29, 2016
  10. OldMike65 Win User
    That option is under "Manage Add On's" under gear icon *Smile

OldMike65, Jan 29, 2016
  11. From the Manage addons page you showed earlier click on the Tracking Protection

If you have anything in there it could be blocking parts of the page (ie the top right blank is an ad)

When you run in private mode and it works makes me suspect it is an add on somewhere, as private mode disables all add ons

paulsalter, Jan 29, 2016
  12. Tried that Mike, and it didn't work. Even did it twice as you said, and it still didn't work.

13. Internet Explorer 11 doesn't show webpages properly after System Reset

It says its disabled. Should I enable it?

14. OldMike65 Win User
    back to basic's have you tried running SFC /Scannow from your Dos Prompt ADMIN ??? to see if it finds any errors. This would be in your old account, not the new one you made.

OldMike65, Jan 29, 2016
  15. I will run an SFC /Scannow command now to see. However, I think CenturyLink ran that yesterday. They also ran a DISM /Cleanup Image and DISM /Restore Health command with their tools they used.

Thema:

Internet Explorer 11 doesn't show webpages properly after System Reset

1. Internet Explorer 11 doesn't show webpages properly after System Reset - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer doesn't

2. File explorer not showing network properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer not showing network properly: I would like to start by stressing that my network is working perfectly. My problem is not a network problem, it is a File Explorer problem. I have a network with 4 NAS devices, a printer, a Dell desktop, and an MSI laptop, both running Win 11 Pro 22H2, all connected by...
  3. File Explorer Not Showing Network Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Not Showing Network Properly: I have two Win 11 Home 64 bit laptops and one Win 10 Home 64 bit laptop networked together. All my file and folder shares work and I am able to map all the drives I need on all machines. The Network Pane and the Navigation pane in File Explorer on the Win 10 laptop and one of...
  4. Internet Explorer 11 doesn't work anymore after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet Explorer 11 doesn't work anymore after 2004 update: [ATTACH] I know, I know, the browser nobody uses, anymore. Except I have a niche usecase for it and it really hurts that it doesn't work anymore.Anybody who uses the SRS-software SuperMemo really is affected, as using Internet Explorer is often the best way to import...
  5. Search bar does not show App icon properly after system reset

in Cortana
    Search bar does not show App icon properly after system reset: Hi, I did a system reset without removing Apps & files using the option highlighted below [ATTACH] After the reset, I reinstalled Apps that have been removed by the reset process, then the search bar can no longer display Apps' icons properly. This issue only appear to...
  6. cursor doesn't show on internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cursor doesn't show on internet: My cursor does not show on the internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-doesnt-show-on-internet/3e2645a1-f246-41aa-9f96-5755efed986c
  7. Directory system not showing properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Directory system not showing properly: Hi I restored my computer this past weekend and have noticed something odd that I have never seen after a restore. I started moving files and folders back from my back ups and put my websites folder back into MY DOCUMENTS where I keep them stored and they I went to FTP some...
  8. How to RESTORE Internet Explorer 11 settings, not reset

in Browsers and Email
    How to RESTORE Internet Explorer 11 settings, not reset: hello community, I use Internet Explorer 11 to access my employer's intranet site to upload information and docs. when I logged in, all the 'Explanations' were hidden and I had to click on 'See Explanations' to reveal them - see image 'Capture 1'. capture 1 [img]...
  9. No Internet Explorer after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Internet Explorer after reset: Ouch. TenForums, thanks to Kyhi, has a recovery disk that you boot from to copy your data. Not sure of circumstances but so you you are aware should this happen again. You could try DISM, tutorial attached. Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image Two options, one...
  10. Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer: How to: Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer How to Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer [img] Information Internet Explorer will play sounds in webpages by default in Windows. If you like, you can turn off playing all...