Windows 10: Internet Explorer 11 Downloading Issue

Discus and support Internet Explorer 11 Downloading Issue in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; The behaviour of Internet Explorer 11 has changed of late, probably after some Windows updates. When I attempt to download pictures or software from... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by PeterAstle, May 6, 2016.

1. Internet Explorer 11 Downloading Issue

The behaviour of Internet Explorer 11 has changed of late, probably after some Windows updates.
    When I attempt to download pictures or software from legitimate sites such as Flickr, Adobe or AVG for example, I receive the “This file can’t be downloaded” error message. This did not happen in the past.

Most references to this problem suggest as a solution to reset IE completely – I tried this and the problem remains.
    I tried running IE without add-ons and that did not help.
    I temporarily disabled my AVG Internet Security software – no help.
    I did a system restore, but no help as my restore points don’t go back far enough.

The only workarounds I am able to find are

• Run IE11 as administrator
    • Uncheck “Enable Protected Mode” under IE security tab
    Both remove the problem though I don’t like either.

It would appear that lots of people experience the same issue but I have not been able to find a solution, only the workarounds above.
    Is anyone able to assist?

:)

PeterAstle, May 6, 2016
  2. Anon7861 Win User

Internet Explorer 11 no longer starts on my computer

Why is it, since yesterday, Internet Explorer 11 no longer starts on my computer?
    Instead I get the following message:

Iexplorer.exe – Application Error

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000018)

Click OK to close application

Perhaps I need to re-install Internet Explorer 11 but how do I do that?
    All the Internet Explorer 11 downloads on the internet are for Windows 7 but I do not see any downloads for Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 10.

Anon7861, May 6, 2016
  3. lolilalo Win User
    Internet Explorer 11 is no longer on my computer

Internet explorer 11 is no longer on my computer. Where do I download a copy?

<Original title - Internet Explorer 11 >

lolilalo, May 6, 2016
  4. dustymars Win User

Internet Explorer 11 Downloading Issue

Hum, after "upgrading" to Windows 10 on my wife's PC she can't get Internet Explorer 11 to even run. I set up my very same model PC a month ago and my IE 11 runs fine. Seems like M$ is adrift in dumb ideas.

dustymars, May 7, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    PeterAstle,

.............. “This file can’t be downloaded” error message....................

Is this the complete error message ?

Give this a try:
    Open IE11 > Tools > SmartScreen Filter > Check/tick Turn off SmartScreen Filer

Will that help ?

davidhk, May 7, 2016
  6. Thanks for your response.
    I tried to follow your suggestion, but in my version of IE11 under "Tools" there is no SmartScreen Filter option so I was unable to follow this through.

PeterAstle, May 8, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Sorry, I can help you any further.
    Pleas wait a bit for someone else to come along.

Internet Explorer 11 Downloading Issue [​IMG]

davidhk, May 8, 2016
  8. Internet Explorer 11 Downloading Issue

Thank you.
    I see that there are in fact two different "Tools" menus. I found the one you referred to and turned off SmartScreen Filter. Unfortunately it didn't solve the download issue

PeterAstle, May 8, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    Sorry that I am of no use to you.

Please wait a bit for someone to come along.

Good luck.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Internet Explorer 11 Downloading Issue

1. Internet Explorer 11 Downloading Issue - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer Downloading

2. Downloading documents with internet explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloading documents with internet explorer: Hi. When I was downloading documents I accidently clicked open with internet explorer always. And now I can't get rid of it. My question is how do I turn it back to the default settings so it doesn't open with internet explorer?...
  3. Opening Downloads in Internet Explorer

Opening Downloads in Internet Explorer: Hello, I purchased an e-book and I was trying to download and open it and while doing that I accidentally selected open in Internet Explorer. I was to change back to my default download opening settings but I can't figure out how to. I don't want internet explorer and I...
  4. Internet Explorer Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internet Explorer Issues: Hello Everyone, Does Anyone had issue inside Internet Explorer Browser as i am facing it too Badly. actually 2 days before somehow it gets uninstalled from my PC and now i have tried all the possible way to get it back but get nothing else then failure. Somebody please help...
  5. Internet explorer 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internet explorer 11: Internet explorer is not installed on my devices and icloud will only sync bookmark etc. with this and not the edge browser. Where can I find this download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-11/3fd9abe4-4ce3-42e3-9e63-85a391e39ab9
  6. Internet Explorer is downloading files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet Explorer is downloading files: I have accidentally set internet explorer as my default for downloading apps, but I do not like Internet explorer's slow download speed, can I change my default for downloading apps back to the original? I use Chrome, and I just do not like IE....
  7. Internet explorer 11

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet explorer 11: I can't find Internet Explorer 11 on my computer and it was they're like 2 months ago. What do I do? I've gone on to add it on programs and features and it's not even there and it's not under Windows accessories in the start menu...
  8. Internet Explorer 11

Internet Explorer 11: I uninstalled IE 11 after it ceased being accessible from my Windows10 laptop. I was not able to reinstall using any method. Is there a fix for this? Scotty...
  9. Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11: Not too keen on the Edge browser so how can I go back to my IE 11 and still keep Edge. 33157
  10. Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11: Internet explorer 11 will not open, did an upgrade from 8.1 to 10 home edition. I have run a repair install & dism /restorehealth , unchecked ie 11 in programs & features rebooted and still nothing need help. 23758