Windows 10: Internet Explorer 11 freezes my PC

Discus and support Internet Explorer 11 freezes my PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I’ve set my Internet Explorer 11 to clear the browsing data upon exit and it worked OK. But I have an issue now because my PC freezes a few minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Heather Adamus, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Internet Explorer 11 freezes my PC

I’ve set my Internet Explorer 11 to clear the browsing data upon exit and it worked OK. But I have an issue now because my PC freezes a few minutes after I exit IE, just the mouse works. I have to shut the PC down using the power button. But then the issue shows up again.

I’ve checked the BIOS and drivers - they are updated. Please help. The issue is specific, I used Edge and it works OK

:)

Heather Adamus, Mar 12, 2019
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

MSN is crashing in Internet Explorer 11

Hi Lee,

The issue you're experiencing could be due to unauthorized add-ons causing the page not to respond. We'd like to know the following:

• Did you notice any changes on your PC prior to the issue?
    • Is the issue happening to all websites aside from MSN.com?

In the meantime, I suggest that you start Internet Explorer with no Add-ons. Please follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R. A Run dialog box will open.
    • Type iexplore.exe -extoff

If you're able to browse websites without any issues, then add-ons may be cause the error. You can refer to this link on how to turn off/remove add-ons on Internet Explorer:
    Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer 11.

Please update us with results for further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Internet Explorer 11 not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arul_D, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

Internet Explorer 11 freezes my PC

unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Hi Cristy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

• Some browser add-ons.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable add-ons and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: Reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons
    in the future, they must be reinstalled.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

Internet Explorer 11 freezes my PC

1. Internet Explorer 11 freezes my PC - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer freezes

2. Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer 11: Hi all I purchased Clip Studio Paint and it will only function with Internet Explorer 11. I downloaded it onto my computer I am using Win 10, but IE 11 will not connect to my internet. I have gone through all the stuff with the settings, advanced settings, have restarted my...
  3. Internet explorer 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internet explorer 11: Internet explorer is not installed on my devices and icloud will only sync bookmark etc. with this and not the edge browser. Where can I find this download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-11/3fd9abe4-4ce3-42e3-9e63-85a391e39ab9
  4. Internet Explorer 11

Internet Explorer 11: I installed Internet Explorer 11, but it doesn't show up anywhere. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-11/5022db90-6b28-4c89-88d2-1dc65513eca3
  5. Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet Explorer 11: Internet Explorer 11 is nowhere to be found on my computer. I'm using Windows 10 (64 bit). It's just not there. How do I find it or do I need to download it even though I'm told it's included in Windows 10?...
  6. Internet explorer 11

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet explorer 11: I can't find Internet Explorer 11 on my computer and it was they're like 2 months ago. What do I do? I've gone on to add it on programs and features and it's not even there and it's not under Windows accessories in the start menu...
  7. Internet Explorer 11

Internet Explorer 11: I uninstalled IE 11 after it ceased being accessible from my Windows10 laptop. I was not able to reinstall using any method. Is there a fix for this? Scotty...
  8. Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11: Hi again, I managed to see my friends Windows 10, Home edition, manage to get another problem now. I did try to change the default browser i.e. change Windows Edge to Internet explorer. However when I clicked on change browser, internet explorer was chosen, nothing...
  9. Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11: Not too keen on the Edge browser so how can I go back to my IE 11 and still keep Edge. 33157
  10. Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11: Internet explorer 11 will not open, did an upgrade from 8.1 to 10 home edition. I have run a repair install & dism /restorehealth , unchecked ie 11 in programs & features rebooted and still nothing need help. 23758