Windows 10: Internet Explorer 11 Icon Unremovable

Discus and support Internet Explorer 11 Icon Unremovable in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; As stated in the title, I have a internet explorer 11 icon my desktop that can't be removed, I've also tried uninstalling internet explorer 11 entirely... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by commitdeath, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Internet Explorer 11 Icon Unremovable

As stated in the title, I have a internet explorer 11 icon my desktop that can't be removed, I've also tried uninstalling internet explorer 11 entirely however the icon remains but is unusable.

I've tried using Antivirus TotalAV to scan my computer but it didnt seem to show any results I was hoping if anybody could provide me with some assistance in removing this icon which appeared out of nowhere suddenly on my desktop.
    Internet Explorer 11 Icon Unremovable [​IMG]

:)

commitdeath, Mar 30, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

Internet Explorer 11 not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arul_D, Mar 30, 2021
  3. Jan Del Win User
    Internet Explorer 11 & Edge - flash player will not load

If you already tried the steps provided by Jomel_Santos, we suggest to reset the Internet Explorer 11 by following the steps on this
    link to make sure you do have the default settings of the browser.

For Microsoft Edge, please follow the steps below:

• Click on the More actions (...) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies andsaved website data, and
      Cached data and files then click Clear.

Looking forward to your reply.

Jan Del, Mar 30, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Internet Explorer 11 Icon Unremovable

Internet Explorer 11 as well as Edge in Windows 10 crashes

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is
    with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter.
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Step 2: I suggest you to reset the Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Refer the below article and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Reset Internet explorer disclaimer:

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Step 3: Clear caches and cookies

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• After that click on (…) “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature, Select Cached data and file.

• Here you need to check the option you want to clear and click “Clear” button.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

Internet Explorer 11 Icon Unremovable

1. Internet Explorer 11 Icon Unremovable - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer Icon

2. Unremovable icons on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unremovable icons on Desktop: Hello,I just bought a laptop with Windows 11 first time using and first thing I noticed was a bunch of icons on my desktop. Pictures, Music, Documents, Videos, Desktop, Downloads and Quick Access. First I thought these are shortcuts but I can't delete them. They also show...
  3. Unremovable icons on Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unremovable icons on Desktop: Hello,I just bought a laptop with Windows 11 first time using and first thing I noticed was a bunch of icons on my desktop. Pictures, Music, Documents, Videos, Desktop, Downloads and Quick Access. First I thought these are shortcuts but I can't delete them. They also show...
  4. Internet explorer 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internet explorer 11: Internet explorer is not installed on my devices and icloud will only sync bookmark etc. with this and not the edge browser. Where can I find this download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-11/3fd9abe4-4ce3-42e3-9e63-85a391e39ab9
  5. Internet Explorer Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet Explorer Icon: I use Microsoft Edge, but for some reason the internet explorer icon has popped up on my task bar. I have tried deleting it, but it won't go away! How do I get rid of internet explorer?...
  6. Internet explorer 11

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet explorer 11: I can't find Internet Explorer 11 on my computer and it was they're like 2 months ago. What do I do? I've gone on to add it on programs and features and it's not even there and it's not under Windows accessories in the start menu...
  7. Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer 11: I uninstalled IE 11 after it ceased being accessible from my Windows10 laptop. I was not able to reinstall using any method. Is there a fix for this? Scotty...
  8. Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11: Not too keen on the Edge browser so how can I go back to my IE 11 and still keep Edge. 33157
  9. Internet Explorer 11 Desktop Icon

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11 Desktop Icon: It is possoible to create a proper IE11 desktop Icon like the one in Windows 7?: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ndows-7-a.html Thank you 18051
  10. Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11: Internet explorer 11 will not open, did an upgrade from 8.1 to 10 home edition. I have run a repair install & dism /restorehealth , unchecked ie 11 in programs & features rebooted and still nothing need help. 23758