Windows 10: Internet Explorer 11 not saving passwords

Discus and support Internet Explorer 11 not saving passwords in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear All, I have a laptop that runs Windows 10 Enterprise and I use Internet Explorer 11 as my web browser. I have just been issued with the laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Antonio_uk, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Internet Explorer 11 not saving passwords

Dear All,

I have a laptop that runs Windows 10 Enterprise and I use Internet Explorer 11 as my web browser. I have just been issued with the laptop and so have a fresh install on Windows 10. When I go to websites that ask me to enter username and password Internet Explorer 11 is not prompting me to save the username / password.

I have verified that the "Use Autocomplete for: Usernames and Passwords check box is ticked but when I click on "Manage Passwords" I can see that there are no entries in the Web Credential manager. I have already reset my Internet Explorer settings to their default values but this has not helped

Any advice / suggestions would be greatly appreciated

:)

Antonio_uk, Dec 24, 2018

2. How delete saved password for the website on Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10?

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about deleting the saved password for the website on internet Explorer, we will help you with this issue.

Method 1: First of all I suggest you to delete "Temporary Internet Files Folder”.

Follow the steps given below to delete the temporary files.

• Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type
      Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of search results, click
      Internet Explorer.
    • Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
    • Under the General tab, and then under
      Browsing History, click Delete.
    In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, select Temporary Internet files, Cookies, Password, and History,
    click Delete, and then click OK.

Method 2: Also, I suggest to perform Reset Internet Explorer, as it removes all the previous browsing history from the browser.

Refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental
    control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons..

Hope it helps. Reply to the post for further assistance on this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 24, 2018
  3. Internet Explorer 11 has saved an old (no longer accurate) password. Any ideas on how to change a saved password?

Hello,

To change the saved password for a website on Internet Explorer, please try these steps:

• Type the first letter of your user name, auto-complete will bring up a box of choices.
    • Highlight the username you want to delete. Hit the "delete" key.
    • Another auto complete window will pop up saying, "Windows has a stored password for this user name. Do you want to delete the username and password?"
    • Click, "yes".
    • Close Internet Explorer and reopen.
    • Type your user name and password in the website.
    • When you proceed with signing in you will get a popup "Do you want to save this password?"
    • Click Yes, for that popup.

Refer to the article for additional information.

Remember passwords and fill out web forms

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/...orms-remember-passwords-autocomplete#ie=ie-11

Write to us, if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Internet Explorer 11 not saving passwords

How do I tell Internet Explorer 11 to always save (only save) a certain filetype without asking me first?

Hi Ladislav,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to automatically save a file in Internet Explorer 11:

• In Internet Explorer 11, you'll have to click first on a file of the type you want to open automatically.
    • This will show you the Open/Save prompt.
    • Select the Save option.
    • In Internet Explorer, click Tools.
    • Click the View Download options.
    • You will see a popup containing the file that you downloaded.
    • Make sure to uncheck the option "Always ask before opening this type of file."

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

Internet Explorer 11 not saving passwords

1. Internet Explorer 11 not saving passwords - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer saving

2. Make Internet Explorer 11 automatically save a file?

in Browsers and Email
    Make Internet Explorer 11 automatically save a file?: Is there a way to have Internet Explorer 11 automatically save a file, without Open/Save prompt? As in just click the in this case .PDF file and have it be auto downloaded? 180513
  3. Internet Explorer Save Loop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer Save Loop: I'm trying to install Forge on my Surface Pro and Internet Explorer, everytime I double click to install, tells me I have to save the file. I save the file and try to open and install. It tells me I have to save the file, again. I do that, open and install, I have to save the...
  4. Please help me try if Internet Explorer save password?

in Browsers and Email
    Please help me try if Internet Explorer save password?: Hello, can somebody try the steps below to see if you are able to save password inside internet explorer. I want check if my internet explorer is working correctly or not. I have done these steps. 1. open internet explorer>settings button on top right>internet...
  5. Please help me try if Internet Explorer save password?

in Windows 10 Support
    Please help me try if Internet Explorer save password?: Hello, can somebody try the steps below to see if you are able to save password inside internet explorer. I want check if my internet explorer is working correctly or not. I have done these steps. 1. open internet explorer>settings button on top right>internet...
  6. Internet explorer 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internet explorer 11: Internet explorer is not installed on my devices and icloud will only sync bookmark etc. with this and not the edge browser. Where can I find this download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-11/3fd9abe4-4ce3-42e3-9e63-85a391e39ab9
  7. Windows 10: Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer do not save passwords

Windows 10: Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer do not save passwords: I've just done a complete re-installation of Windows 10. Windows carried over my IE/Edge histories and such, but not passwords. Using Edge, I found it did not save passwords on web sites. The options are set to save passwords; it simply doesn't do so. It did not even ask...
  8. Internet explorer 11

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet explorer 11: I can't find Internet Explorer 11 on my computer and it was they're like 2 months ago. What do I do? I've gone on to add it on programs and features and it's not even there and it's not under Windows accessories in the start menu...
  9. Internet Explorer 11

Internet Explorer 11: I uninstalled IE 11 after it ceased being accessible from my Windows10 laptop. I was not able to reinstall using any method. Is there a fix for this? Scotty...
  10. Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11: Internet explorer 11 will not open, did an upgrade from 8.1 to 10 home edition. I have run a repair install & dism /restorehealth , unchecked ie 11 in programs & features rebooted and still nothing need help. 23758

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internet explorer not saving password

2. internet explorer 11 not saving passwords

3. internet explorer 11 will not save passwords

4. internet explorer 11 not saving password,
  5. ie 11 not saving passwords for websites,
  6. internet explorer password not saving,
  7. explorer 11 not saving passwords,
  8. ie 11 wont save username and password,
  9. passwords not saving in internet explorer 11,
  10. IE 11 not savings passwords,
  11. ie 11 not saving passwords,