Windows 10: Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 11

Discus and support Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I thought IE 11 was not included on Windows 11 until I tried Adding my Gmail account on Outlook and I got the Message "This Browser or App May Not be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Computergeek155, Feb 22, 2022.

1. Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 11

I thought IE 11 was not included on Windows 11 until I tried Adding my Gmail account on Outlook and I got the Message "This Browser or App May Not be Secure", so I clicked Learn More and Internet Explorer Opened. I located the Folder for it in File Explorer. I was just curious why it is on here still when Every Website says its not, and How can I add a Gmail Account without getting this error?

:)

Computergeek155, Feb 22, 2022
  2. Arul_D Win User

Internet Explorer 11 not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Internet Explorer help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arul_D, Feb 22, 2022
  3. BrentRM Win User
    Internet Explorer 11 and yahoo mail

The method above (clear cache and cookies in Internet Explorer 11) did not fix the issue. In Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 1607, Yahoo Mail says not a supported browser so it will only display in basic mode. Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 1607 does
    work. Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 1511 did work before. Microsoft has listed Yahoo’s sites as requiring Compatibility Mode and that is the root cause. Here is a way to fix the issue:
    • Launch Internet Explorer 11.
    • Click the cog icon in the top right corner of the window to bring up the TOOLS menu.
    • Click COMPATABILITY VIEW SETTINGS.
    • Uncheck both: DISPLAY INTRANET SITES IN COMPATABILITY VIEW and USE MICROSOFT COMPATABILITY LISTS.
    • Exit Internet Explorer 11.
    • Launch Internet Explorer 11.

BrentRM, Feb 22, 2022
  4. Geethu B Win User

Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 11

unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Hi Cristy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

• Some browser add-ons.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable add-ons and check if it helps.

Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer 11

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Disclaimer: Reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons
    in the future, they must be reinstalled.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Feb 22, 2022
Thema:

Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 11

1. Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer

2. Bin files keep opening in internet explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bin files keep opening in internet explorer: How do I get them to open in a new location? submitted by /u/NSipe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1cd4lip/bin_files_keep_opening_in_internet_explorer/
  3. My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I...: My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I have java downloded Can soemone help Plz its only minecraft filles scheamticas...
  4. My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I...: My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I have java downloded Can soemone help Plz its only minecraft filles scheamticas...
  5. HTML search in Microsoft Edge vs. HTML search in Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HTML search in Microsoft Edge vs. HTML search in Internet Explorer: Hello Team,My document has around 5000 pages. It is a huge document and a product user guide. The document format is HTML.Previously, when I used Internet Explorer to open this HTML format, the search functionality was working fine. If I search with a keyword, I would get a...
  6. HTML search in Microsoft Edge vs. HTML search in Internet Explorer

HTML search in Microsoft Edge vs. HTML search in Internet Explorer: Hello Team,My document has around 5000 pages. It is a huge document and a product user guide. The document format is HTML.Previously, when I used Internet Explorer to open this HTML format, the search functionality was working fine. If I search with a keyword, I would get a...
  7. HTML search in Microsoft Edge vs. HTML search in Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. After following MS Internet Explorer uninstall steps , 1,2,3,&4 I still get 1283 tracking...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After following MS Internet Explorer uninstall steps , 1,2,3,&4 I still get 1283 tracking...: After following MS Internet Explorer uninstall steps , 1,2,3,&4 I still get 1283 tracking cookies, 7 cookies, and four entry's in browsing history. EaseUS Clean Genius. W10 w Edge installed...
  9. After following MS Internet Explorer uninstall steps , 1,2,3,&4 I still get 1283 tracking...

After following MS Internet Explorer uninstall steps , 1,2,3,&4 I still get 1283 tracking...: After following MS Internet Explorer uninstall steps , 1,2,3,&4 I still get 1283 tracking cookies, 7 cookies, and four entry's in browsing history. EaseUS Clean Genius. W10 w Edge installed...
  10. After following MS Internet Explorer uninstall steps , 1,2,3,&4 I still get 1283 tracking...

in Windows 10 Customization