Windows 10: Internet Explorer 11 "This page can't be displayed"

Discus and support Internet Explorer 11 "This page can't be displayed" in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all, I cant seem to gain access to the internet using IE11. Using Edge/Firefox/Chrome is fine, but using IE doesn't work. I have checked to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Sup3r SGT, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Sup3r SGT Win User

Internet Explorer 11 "This page can't be displayed"

Hi all,

I cant seem to gain access to the internet using IE11.

Using Edge/Firefox/Chrome is fine, but using IE doesn't work.

I have checked to make sure its not got any proxy setting configured (as its my home machine)

Other than that I am out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Sup3r

:)

Sup3r SGT, Aug 9, 2015

2. "this page can't be displayed" Internet Explorer 11

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We are glad to provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

As per the information that you have provided, I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if the error displays again.

Enhanced Protected Mode reduce some of the capabilities available to Internet Explorer. These restrictions may cause issues with your browsing experience when using Internet Explorer. By disabling Enhance Protected Mode, your performance
    in Internet Explorer may improve but could leave you at risk for possible attacks.

How to disable Enhanced Protected Mode:

1. Open Internet Explorer and tap or click Settings located under the search box to the right of the screen. Then, tap or click the
    Internet Options icon located under the search results.

2. In the Internet Options windows, tap or click the Advanced tab.
    Locate the check box Enable Enhanced Protected Mode*. Tap or click to uncheck the box.

3. Tap or click the Apply button, and then tap or click
    OK
    . Restart Internet Explorer and check to see if the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 9, 2015
  3. dhotchki Win User
    "this page can't be displayed" Internet Explorer 11

What else you got? The Enhanced Protection had already been unmarked.

dhotchki, Aug 9, 2015
  4. Internet Explorer 11 "This page can't be displayed"

Close IE 11
    In Control Panel > Internet options
    Content tab > Clear the SSL state
    Advanced tab > disable both SSL 2.0 and 3.0
    Launch IE 11 and see if that helped.

Slartybart, Aug 16, 2015
  5. Sup3r SGT Win User
    Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion, unfortunately that has not made a difference.

SSL 2.0/3.0 were both already disable

Sup3r SGT, Aug 26, 2015
  6. Long shot ... try booting into safe mode
    then restart in normal mode.

I read something recently where this corrects an issue. I can't recall what the issue was though. That's why it's a long shot *Wink

Slartybart, Aug 27, 2015
  7. brummyfan Win User
    Are you using your ISP's default DNS? If yes, try switching to either Open dns or google dns and see whether it fixes the problem.

brummyfan, Aug 28, 2015
  8. torre Win User

Did you try to reset IE ? InternetOptions/Advanced/Reset

torre, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Internet Explorer 11 "This page can't be displayed" - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer page

2. Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer 11: Hi all I purchased Clip Studio Paint and it will only function with Internet Explorer 11. I downloaded it onto my computer I am using Win 10, but IE 11 will not connect to my internet. I have gone through all the stuff with the settings, advanced settings, have restarted my...
  3. Internet explorer 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internet explorer 11: Internet explorer is not installed on my devices and icloud will only sync bookmark etc. with this and not the edge browser. Where can I find this download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-11/3fd9abe4-4ce3-42e3-9e63-85a391e39ab9
  4. Internet Explorer 11

Internet Explorer 11: I installed Internet Explorer 11, but it doesn't show up anywhere. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-11/5022db90-6b28-4c89-88d2-1dc65513eca3
  5. Internet explorer 11

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet explorer 11: I can't find Internet Explorer 11 on my computer and it was they're like 2 months ago. What do I do? I've gone on to add it on programs and features and it's not even there and it's not under Windows accessories in the start menu...
  6. Internet Explorer 11

Internet Explorer 11: I uninstalled IE 11 after it ceased being accessible from my Windows10 laptop. I was not able to reinstall using any method. Is there a fix for this? Scotty...
  7. I can't change the home page in Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    I can't change the home page in Internet Explorer 11: Hi, it's been a while since I have been on here since I haven't had many issues. But, I have ran into an issue with Internet Explorer 11. It won't let me change my home page to Bing and MSN. It says it's already set to Bing and MSN. But whenever I open IE 11, it pulls up my...
  8. Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11: Not too keen on the Edge browser so how can I go back to my IE 11 and still keep Edge. 33157
  9. This Page Can't Be Displayed

in Browsers and Email
    This Page Can't Be Displayed: I am not an IT guy so please forgive me if I don't use proper terminology. We have a fuel pump that I need to access to get mileages off of. It only works with IE. I log into it with an IP address. It worked fine not long ago and then something updated and it started giving...
  10. Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11: Internet explorer 11 will not open, did an upgrade from 8.1 to 10 home edition. I have run a repair install & dism /restorehealth , unchecked ie 11 in programs & features rebooted and still nothing need help. 23758