Windows 10: Internet Explorer 11 - Tiny GUI and BarCode Image Scaling issue

Discus and support Internet Explorer 11 - Tiny GUI and BarCode Image Scaling issue in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, Context : There is a Government Website which can only be used using Internet Explorer 11. For certain official documents. Now those documents... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by cooldubai, Oct 23, 2018.

1. cooldubai Win User

Internet Explorer 11 - Tiny GUI and BarCode Image Scaling issue

Hi,

Context : There is a Government Website which can only be used using Internet Explorer 11. For certain official documents. Now those documents require special printer setting (printing on a pre-formatted page) and an Active X control for me to send a request for printing those documents. And on every request along with the print, I receive a BARCODE on it as well. That BARCODE is used by the authorities for a 13 digit document tracking.

Issue : From August - September 2018 onwards, I have been noticing the BARCODES printed are coming out small. As these documents are physically submitted, the BARCODE SCANNERS weren't able to pick it up. This became an issue. Note: on the same document all other things, like font and its sizes unchanged.

Problem : I believe that the problem is, that the IE 11 is not scaling well with the UHD PC I have. As I have other non-UHD PCs and there is no problem.

Resolution : As a method of resolving this issue, I took the following measures.

1. The Government IT Department - And they gave me a set of instructions
    a. Printer Setting - Checked - The Error still continued
    b. Uninstall and Reinstall all the setting. - Checked - The Error still continued.
    c. Change some scaling of IE 11 - Checked - Error continues.

2. Played around DPI setting. No difference.

3. Played with resolution - no Difference.

4. External Manifest for Internet Explorer 11, as I faced this issue with other application, so thought it would work here.

5. Government IT Department : I met them, there are just 2 people who look into this issue. They gave me their own PCs to MATCH the settings with my LAPTOP, and still the issue persists.

What I am seeking : To Pinpoint where the issue lies, either, its MY PC's end, or the Government's side, or due to WINDOWS update? Or, if possible somebody who has faced this issue, can help me.

Application : Internet Explorer 11

Computer Config :

System Manufacturer LENOVO
    System Model 20378
    System Type Mobile
    Motherboard Manufacturer LENOVO
    Motherboard Product Lenovo Y50-70
    BIOS Version 9ECN26WW(V1.09)

Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language (64-bit)
    Version 1803
    OS Build 10.0.17134
    Build Branch rs4_release
    Locale English (India)
    Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
    System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
    .NET Framework Versions 2.0.50727.4927, 3.0.30729.4926, 3.5.30729.4926, 4.0.0.0, 4.7.03056
    Default Internet Browser Internet Explorer 11.345.17134.0
    Installed Internet Browsers Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer 11.345.17134.0, Waterfox

Intel® Core™ i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz
    Manufacturer GenuineIntel
    Description Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
    Architecture x64
    # of Cores 4
    # of Threads 8
    Current Clock Speed 2500 MHz
    Current Voltage 8.
    Level 2 Cache 256 Kb
    Level 3 Cache 6144 Kb
    Processor Id BFEBFBFF000306C3
    Revision 15363

ntel® HD Graphics 4600
    Adapter Compatibility Intel Corporation
    Video Processor Intel® HD Graphics Family
    Resolution 3840 x 2160
    Bits Per Pixel 32
    Number of Colors 4294967296
    Refresh Rate - Current 47 Hz
    Refresh Rate - Maximum 47 Hz
    Refresh Rate - Minimum 47 Hz
    Driver Provider Intel Corporation
    Driver Version 20.19.15.4624
    Driver Date 3/8/2017
    Adapter DAC Type Internal
    Adapter RAM 1.00 GB
    Availability Running at full power
    Status This device is working properly.
    Location PCI bus 0, device 2, function 0

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
    Adapter Compatibility NVIDIA
    Video Processor GeForce GTX 860M
    Resolution 1600 x 900
    Bits Per Pixel 32
    Number of Colors 4294967296
    Refresh Rate - Current 60 Hz
    Refresh Rate - Maximum 0 Hz
    Driver Provider NVIDIA
    Driver Version 24.21.13.9811
    Driver Date 6/1/2018
    Adapter DAC Type Integrated RAMDAC
    Adapter RAM 4.00 GB
    Availability Running at full power
    Status This device is working properly.
    Location PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0

:)

cooldubai, Oct 23, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

Internet Explorer 11 not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arul_D, Oct 23, 2018
  3. Geethu B Win User
    unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Hi Cristy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

• Some browser add-ons.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable add-ons and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: Reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons
    in the future, they must be reinstalled.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Oct 23, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

History is missing in Internet Explorer 11

Hi Shirley,

• When you say “There is no history on the internet explorer” what exactly are you referring to?

• Is history tab is missing or history entries is missing in Internet Explorer?
    Follow the step to fix this issue.

Run Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter.

Steps to run Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter.

• Go to the start screen.
    • Enter Troubleshooting in the search box, and then tap or click Troubleshooting.
    • Tap or click View all, select Internet Explorer Performance, and then follow the instructions in the Troubleshooter.
    If issue persists refer the link to reset Internet Explorer 11.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Do reply with the result. If you need further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Arul_D, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Internet Explorer 11 - Tiny GUI and BarCode Image Scaling issue - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer Tiny

2. Barcode font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Barcode font: Hello. Can some one help me to download the font BC C39 3 TO 1HD WIDE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/barcode-font/2fd72728-e994-4a67-89f6-dfc7310dde84
  3. Windows 11 File Explorer Menu Scaling Issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer Menu Scaling Issue.: Any solutions to this scaling issue? I believe it is from the newest update to File Explorer. It will not appear unless I change to a different resolution....
  4. Windows 11 File Explorer Menu Scaling Issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 File Explorer Menu Scaling Issue.: Any solutions to this scaling issue? I believe it is from the newest update to File Explorer. It will not appear unless I change to a different resolution....
  5. Internet Explorer not displays barcodes in one particular computer of windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet Explorer not displays barcodes in one particular computer of windows 10: Dear All,we have our own wms system which displays barcodes in result but for one computer it just shows number not shows barcode. so your help will appreciated.& FYIthat webpage is compatible with internet explorer only i cant use other browser...
  6. Icon Images not scaling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icon Images not scaling: I wanted to turn the size of my desktop icons larger, cause my desktop seemed a little small. But when I scale the icons to large, the images don't get larger, only the icon. A large white box appears around some of the icons and the pictures just stay small. It looks a...
  7. Barcode scanning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Barcode scanning: my authenticator is requesting a scan barcode and is also locked. Can you assist with unlock or with a barcode for access to my inside account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/barcode-scanning/424d51fa-d422-4f71-8c73-6100e91f37e2
  8. Scaling Issues In Windows Explorer And Related Dialogs

in Windows 10 Support
    Scaling Issues In Windows Explorer And Related Dialogs: I am running windows 10 1903 I am having this weird issue that happens when I have an external monitor hooked up to my laptop. My laptop is at 125% scaling because it is a high dpi panel, but my external monitor is an old HP with only regular dpi scaling. The thing is...
  9. Internet Explorer Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internet Explorer Issues: Hello Everyone, Does Anyone had issue inside Internet Explorer Browser as i am facing it too Badly. actually 2 days before somehow it gets uninstalled from my PC and now i have tried all the possible way to get it back but get nothing else then failure. Somebody please help...
  10. Internet Explorer 11 Downloading Issue

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11 Downloading Issue: The behaviour of Internet Explorer 11 has changed of late, probably after some Windows updates. When I attempt to download pictures or software from legitimate sites such as Flickr, Adobe or AVG for example, I receive the “This file can’t be downloaded” error message. This...