Windows 10: Internet Explorer 11

Discus and support Internet Explorer 11 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Internet explorer 11 will not open, did an upgrade from 8.1 to 10 home edition. I have run a repair install & dism /restorehealth , unchecked ie 11 in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Kingskid, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Kingskid Win User

Internet Explorer 11

Internet explorer 11 will not open, did an upgrade from 8.1 to 10 home edition. I have run a repair install & dism /restorehealth , unchecked ie 11 in programs & features rebooted and still nothing need help.

:)

Kingskid, Sep 22, 2015

2. Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 10

I know that Internet Explorer 11 is the latest versionof Internet Explorer but there is suppose to be an update for 11.

trudyguldin, Sep 22, 2015
  3. downgrade from internet explorer 11 to internet explorer 10?

I have tried steps at

How to downgrade
    from Internet Explorer 11 to Internet Explorer 10?

I turned off internet explorer 11 from WINDOWS FEATURES ON AND OFF when I turned to view install updates internet explorer 11 or 10 were not there. then I restarted my computer to install internet explorer 10 from the link given on the above mentioned page.
    it says internet explorer 10 already installed. I need urgent help in this regard????

Qurat Ul aInYB, Sep 22, 2015
  4. magilla Win User

Internet Explorer 11

I am so frustrated with Windows 10 and IE 11. I have now installed, for the 4th time, windows 10. This time, I did a clean install, and have replaced all the programs/files I use --- all of which run without problem on Windows 8.1 (and 7). It has now been 5 days. For 4 of those days, things seemed to work smoothly. Now, on day 5, I have problems with IE 11. It will not open, it freezes, it 'stops working' and there is nothing new added to the computer for the last 3 days. I don't know why, but it seems that there is a curse on Windows 10 and functionality in 'working place' situations. Today, IE 11 has stalled several times. I don't know what the problem is. Are there settings in this version of IE 11 about which we do not know? Is this an attempt to steer us away from IE 11 and force the use of Edge? Edge doesn't work for me at all in that I have some add-ons that will not run in Edge.

magilla, Sep 22, 2015
  5. Kingskid Win User
    It worked fine in 8.1, only after upgrade did I have this problem. Edge works fine and I have unchecked ie11 in programs&features, am going to do some more checking around to see what I can find. Thanx

Kingskid, Sep 22, 2015
  6. Rocky Win User
    Internet Explorer 11 works fine over here; the same way it did in Windows 8.

Rocky, Sep 23, 2015
  7. That is why I got rid of IE11 to me Edge does find everything, or click google and use that, I have put google in favourites Bar on Edge and if and when I want it I just click on it,
    No more problem with IE 11 click on link beneath my signature if you want to see what I have on Edge all works well and fast as well

hTconeM9user, Sep 23, 2015
  8. Kingskid Win User

Internet Explorer 11

Thinking about doing a clean install to see if that solves the problem, I do like win 10 i am sure it will only get better as they work out the bugs.

Kingskid, Sep 23, 2015
  9. magilla Win User
    I have done a clean install.

magilla, Sep 23, 2015
  10. Kingskid Win User
    Did a clean install this afternoon everything is working fine even internet explorer 11, where did yo get your iso download from? Some do not contain the install.wim file, could be source of your problems. Hope this helps!

Kingskid, Sep 24, 2015
  11. dustymars Win User
    This thread is old, bnut hopefully will work for my problem. My wife's PC (Win-10) developed a problem after an update last year; Internet Explorer 11 will not start. It just does nothing. Reading all materials on the Net about this nothing works. So I am reinstalling Windows 10 (ISO version) and hopefully it will find the missing files or registries, etc., and any updates that failed, and overlooked, so it will take all day. Am I just wasting my time? Will her Internet Explorer work again? Blah!

dustymars, Mar 1, 2017
  12. dustymars Win User
    IE 11 works fine in Safe Mode. Reset IE 11 and all the bogus cures from the Internet cowboys, but nothing changed; IE 11 will not start in Windows 10 normal run. I think something got whacked in the registry keys. Seeing how we have twin PC's maybe I can compare registry entries for Internet Explorer and emulate mine with her keys, huh?

dustymars, Mar 3, 2017
  13. rockworld Win User

Internet Explorer 11

I just resolved issue with IE 11 in Windows 10 pro x64 bit 1709 buildDell e6430 16GB RAM I-7 processorWhile all other browsers were running without issues IE 11 was not responding. Since it would immediately crash after launch I was not able to get to tools tab and do any setting changes. Have tried various options from forums suggestions but non worked. Finally I gave a shot to last option I could come up with that would not involve resetting OS (IE 11 is part of Win 10 OS).1. Open control panel from search bar2. Go to Programs and open Turn Windows features on or off3. Uncheck Internet Explorer 114. Disregard warning and click YES5. Reboot computer6. Repeat steps 1 and 2 and check Internet Explorer 11 box.7. Disregard warning if comes up and click YES8. Reboot machine 9. Open internet explorer Internet explorer was functioning for me and I was able to go tools tab and disable add-ons During the reset I disable temporary Symantec Endpoint enterprise security software, just in case) but I don't think that was necessary. If these steps solved your problem please check box with YES.
    Thank you and good luck

rockworld, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Internet Explorer 11

1. Internet Explorer 11 - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer

2. My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I...: My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I have java downloded Can soemone help Plz its only minecraft filles scheamticas...
  3. My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I...: My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I have java downloded Can soemone help Plz its only minecraft filles scheamticas...
  4. HTML search in Microsoft Edge vs. HTML search in Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HTML search in Microsoft Edge vs. HTML search in Internet Explorer: Hello Team,My document has around 5000 pages. It is a huge document and a product user guide. The document format is HTML.Previously, when I used Internet Explorer to open this HTML format, the search functionality was working fine. If I search with a keyword, I would get a...
  5. HTML search in Microsoft Edge vs. HTML search in Internet Explorer

HTML search in Microsoft Edge vs. HTML search in Internet Explorer: Hello Team,My document has around 5000 pages. It is a huge document and a product user guide. The document format is HTML.Previously, when I used Internet Explorer to open this HTML format, the search functionality was working fine. If I search with a keyword, I would get a...
  6. HTML search in Microsoft Edge vs. HTML search in Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. After following MS Internet Explorer uninstall steps , 1,2,3,&4 I still get 1283 tracking...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After following MS Internet Explorer uninstall steps , 1,2,3,&4 I still get 1283 tracking...: After following MS Internet Explorer uninstall steps , 1,2,3,&4 I still get 1283 tracking cookies, 7 cookies, and four entry's in browsing history. EaseUS Clean Genius. W10 w Edge installed...
  8. After following MS Internet Explorer uninstall steps , 1,2,3,&4 I still get 1283 tracking...

After following MS Internet Explorer uninstall steps , 1,2,3,&4 I still get 1283 tracking...: After following MS Internet Explorer uninstall steps , 1,2,3,&4 I still get 1283 tracking cookies, 7 cookies, and four entry's in browsing history. EaseUS Clean Genius. W10 w Edge installed...
  9. After following MS Internet Explorer uninstall steps , 1,2,3,&4 I still get 1283 tracking...

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. After the November 2023 update for Windows, Internet Explorer does not run, only Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After the November 2023 update for Windows, Internet Explorer does not run, only Edge: I work in a financial institution and several applications require running from Internet Explorer, a few patches ago the same thing happened and what was applied was a temporary solution that allowed me to continue using Internet Explorer, however after installing that patch...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. KB4512514 issues ie