Windows 10: Internet Explorer Always Running in Background

Discus and support Internet Explorer Always Running in Background in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I think I remember going through this on a previous machine a while back and just noticed it on my current machine. It may have been occurring for a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mccnavy, Oct 8, 2018.

1. mccnavy Win User

Internet Explorer Always Running in Background

I think I remember going through this on a previous machine a while back and just noticed it on my current machine. It may have been occurring for a while but I noticed it this time doing some services/performance checks after installing 1809 Update. Every time I start my machine, there are two instances of iexplorer.exe running in the background...each using about 6 MB of RAM. Neither impacts performance, but it bothers me that Internet Explorer is always running...even when I rarely use it. I can't remember what I did before to stop this...is this normal and is there a way to stop it? I've confirmed that the application link is valid, and neither Defender or Malwarebytes has picked up anything abnormal.

:)

mccnavy, Oct 8, 2018
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Internet Explorer Always Running in Background wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Homeless Win User
    Internet Explorer 9 won't run

That's the exact problem i'm having. I did the first two and nothing happens, but when I try and do the troubleshooting step I don't have the internet explorer performance troubleshooter. Oddly both my x64 systems don't have it but my x86 one does.

Homeless, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Internet Explorer missing

Hi,

Please follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1:

Press Windows Key +R.

Type iexplore and hit enter.

Check if you are able to access Internet Explorer.

Method 2:

I suggest you to run in-built Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on Internet Explorer performance
      to run the troubleshooter.
    Please reply us on the status to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Internet Explorer Always Running in Background - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer Always

2. HELP! Explorer runs in the background but no explorer on the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! Explorer runs in the background but no explorer on the desktop: I checked task manager to see if explorer is running. i restarted it a couple times still no diffrence. before the new update on windows 11 everything worked fine build 675...
  3. HELP! Explorer runs in the background but no explorer on the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! Explorer runs in the background but no explorer on the desktop: I checked task manager to see if explorer is running. i restarted it a couple times still no diffrence. before the new update on windows 11 everything worked fine build 675...
  4. How to always run WSA in background on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to always run WSA in background on Windows 11: [ATTACH]If you want to run Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA) in the background on Windows 11, then this article will guide you through the process. It is possible to always run Windows Subsystem for Android on Windows 11 in the background so that you can open Android apps...
  5. Internet Explorer windows always opening maximized

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet Explorer windows always opening maximized: Hey all, Not sure if anyone has any ideas or seen this before, but this a weird one. My company is replacing monitors (larger size) and after doing so, some users are having an issue where an IE link within another application is always opening maximized. This apparently...
  6. Internet explorer is running in background continuously in window 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internet explorer is running in background continuously in window 10: 14 jan 2020 After the time was over, I install window 10 in my computer, I only use edge and chrome for my favourite browsers And I never used internet Explorer since 3 years [ATTACH][ATTACH] But today why is it running in the background and and consuming so much resources...
  7. Background always pixelated

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background always pixelated: Hello, I try to use a wallpaper but it always comes out pixelated even if I choose the resolution that is the same as my monitor. I dont know if this helps but i use a dell latitude 3380 laptop. And also every picture I download has a resolution of 300x168 and i cant change...
  8. Internet Explorer running in background?

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer running in background?: Now & again I run CCleaner & as usual it comes up with a list of Temporary files, Chrome cookies & cache, Windows log files etc to be cleaned. However, it also lists Internet Explorer cookies & temporary internet files. Why is this this since I never use Internet Explorer or...
  9. Internet Explorer running in background?

in Windows 10 Support
    Internet Explorer running in background?: Now & again I run CCleaner & as usual it comes up with a list of Temporary files, Chrome cookies & cache, Windows log files etc to be cleaned. However, it also lists Internet Explorer cookies & temporary internet files. Why is this this since I never use Internet Explorer or...
  10. Internet Explorer background process normal in Windows 10?

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer background process normal in Windows 10?: Hi, slight fork of a thread in the anti virus forums below. After loading up Windows 10 (x64 Home), after about 8 minutes I am seeing a background internet explorer process iexplore.exe launch, which then launches up to 200 connections to various ips, some look like possible...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is internet explorer always running in background