Windows 10: Internet Explorer as default browser

Discus and support Internet Explorer as default browser in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, help me to set Internet Explorer as default browser. I want to switch from Microsoft Edge.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BoomerPerkins, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Internet Explorer as default browser

Hey, help me to set Internet Explorer as default browser. I want to switch from Microsoft Edge.

:)

BoomerPerkins, Apr 28, 2019

2. how to set Internet Explorer as default browser in Windows 10

Hi George,

As you want to set Internet Explorer as the default browser, I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left pane, click on Default Apps.
    • In the right pane, under Web browser, click on Microsoft edge and select
      Internet Explorer.
    • Restart the system and check.

Hope this helps. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 28, 2019
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Internet Explorer as default browser wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

4. Internet Explorer as default browser

I want to make Internet Explorer my default browser

Hi John,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As I understand you are trying to set Internet Explorer as your default browser and you are unable to do so. I'd be glad to help you with this issue.

Please follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Press Windows + I to open Settings.
    • Click on System
    • Select Default Apps under System.
    • Under Web browser click on the browser. If you see Edge under web browser click on Edge and you will get a pop up to choose default browser.
    • Choose Internet Explorer. If you have issues try to Reset to Reset to Microsoft Recommended default.
    • Repeat step 4.
    Hope this information is helpful. If issue persists, you can write to us and we will be glad to assist you further.

Sara Mohammedi, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

Internet Explorer as default browser

1. Internet Explorer as default browser - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer default

2. Default browser changing to Internet Explorer after restart/shutdown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default browser changing to Internet Explorer after restart/shutdown: Hi, Has anyone found a solution to why Windows 10 keeps changing the default browser to Internet Explorer? We image a bunch of laptops using MDT and looked into the custom scripts and default associations and found nothing. Searched nothing useful online and in the...
  3. internet explorer vs edge browser netflix

in Browsers and Email
    internet explorer vs edge browser netflix: i just played a movie which had bitrate of 5083 on internet explorer while same has 2083 bitrate only on edge browser is there any setting fault on edge? 166217
  4. Opera browser/ internet explorer search bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Opera browser/ internet explorer search bar: I accidentally installed opera (along with 2 other programs, now uninstalled) and I can’t delete it. Every time I click uninstall it asks if I will allow opera to make changes to the device, but no matter what I click it doesn’t uninstall. It does this every time I try to...
  5. Replace Edge web browser to internet explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Replace Edge web browser to internet explorer: how do i uninstall Edge web browser and install internet explorer again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replace-edge-web-browser-to-internet-explorer/2e529a22-2ed9-4c11-87f4-e74bd54a486c
  6. Internet Explorer browser on Xfinity X1

Internet Explorer browser on Xfinity X1: Suggest steps to install Internet Explorer browser on Xfinity X1. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-browser-on-xfinity-x1/6e803994-1ac3-4641-b9fc-13b45dba9330
  7. Default Internet browser

Default Internet browser: How do I set Internet Explorer as my default browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-internet-browser/f683955a-d0ae-477d-8d56-bf8f248b9d2a
  8. File Explorer trouble with Internet Browser

File Explorer trouble with Internet Browser: Whenever I attempt to access the file explorer from an internet browser (any) it freezes. An example includes attaching an email. I can still drag files from the file explorer for upload into an email. It seems there is a communication issue between the internet browser and...
  9. The perils of using Internet Explorer as your default browser

in Windows 10 News
    The perils of using Internet Explorer as your default browser: From time to time, I am asked by customers, “How do I ensure that all web traffic goes to Internet Explorer?” In fact, I was recently asked this question by someone trying to help a hospital. Now, I understand the scenario. In healthcare (as in many other industries), it’s...
  10. How do I make internet explorer the default browser in an email link?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I make internet explorer the default browser in an email link?: I went into default apps in settings and chose internet explorer. Shortcuts on the desktop and links within web pages all open with internet explorer. However when I click on a link in an email it asks me to choose a browser and lists the 3 that are on this computer. How do I...