Windows 10: Internet explorer bar stuck at stop of screen. Won't go away.

Discus and support Internet explorer bar stuck at stop of screen. Won't go away. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; There is a bar going all the way across the top of my screen. It has the basic Internet Explorer icons (forward/back arrows, home icon, a search) and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by daavidm, Aug 18, 2016.

1. daavidm Win User

Internet explorer bar stuck at stop of screen. Won't go away.

There is a bar going all the way across the top of my screen. It has the basic Internet Explorer icons (forward/back arrows, home icon, a search) and then a bunch of social media icons to the right. I don't want this there and can't find out how to remove it. Can anyone help? NOTE - I'm not talking about the task bar at the bottom of the screen. No amount of right clicking anywhere shows a menu to change this.

:)

daavidm, Aug 18, 2016

2. internet explorer search bar

At the top of my screen there is an internet explorer search bar. It blocks the top all my windows and I cant get to go away. Can someone help me get rid of it

CarsonKaras, Aug 18, 2016
  3. Explorer search is detached, and stays on my desktop. How do I get it off?

There is a bar that stays on ALL screens, I believe this started with the last update....

It goes across the screen, has a home/explorer tab/search window/facebook/You Tube/Xbox

The tabs for my internet windows are below this.

I REALLY want this bar to go away and can't seem to find a setting for it anywhere?!

thank you!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

BeckieStark, Aug 18, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, if you can't see what this is from your task manager, try installing WinSpy++ (free).
    Drag the crosshair over that bar and see if it identifies the process.

Once done, please advise what it tells you and provide a screenshot of the mysterious bar.

Thanks

dalchina, Aug 19, 2016
  5. Dropbox Win User
    Hello and welcome,

It seems you got some Adware in Internet Explorer.

Please download AdwCleaner and Save it to the Desktop.

Right click on the program and choose Run as administrator.
    You'll get the Terms of Use for the program, click on I agree.
    Please click the Scan button and be patient, you can open the log after scanning and post it as attachment or clean.

If you choose clean all active programs will be closed and your computer will be rebooted. After the reboot a logfile will open, please attach the logfile in your next post.

The logfiles can also be found in C:\AdwCleaner.
    • AdwCleaner[Sx].txt - x is the number of scans you did, please attach the highest number, unless you cleaned.
    • AdwCleaner[Cx].txt - x is the nu mber of cleans you did, please attach the highest number.

How is your computer doing now?

Dropbox, Aug 19, 2016
  6. daavidm Win User
    Okay - thanks for your help!
    Here is the screenshot of the WinSpy++ response

Internet explorer bar stuck at stop of screen. Won't go away. [​IMG]

And here is the bar

daavidm, Aug 19, 2016
  7. daavidm Win User

daavidm, Aug 19, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Aug 19, 2016
  9. daavidm Win User
    That fixed it. Thanks guys!! I guess I should've thought of that. I've been a Mac user for a while now and just got a windows PC with Windows 10 (which I hate) and I honestly thought that was a legitimate Windows search bar. That explains why I couldn't find a setting to disable it.

Have a great weekend !!

daavidm, Aug 19, 2016
  10. Dropbox Win User
    Hey,

I think Unchecky (see link in my signature). This will uncheck unwanted stuff for you.

Dropbox, Aug 19, 2016
  11. dalchina New Member
    Happy you're adware free.. yes, Unchecky can help where installers present check boxes for optional 'addons'.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Internet explorer bar stuck at stop of screen. Won't go away. - Similar Threads - Internet explorer bar

2. Windows explorer menu bar won't go away.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer menu bar won't go away.: I've tried everything: folder settings menu settings missing, registry editing doesn't do anything, restarted explorer.exe a million times. EIther picture 1 or picture 2 is the result. I've recently updated Windows so I'm suspecting that may be the issue. Has anyone...
  3. Windows explorer menu bar won't go away.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer menu bar won't go away.: I've tried everything: folder settings menu settings missing, registry editing doesn't do anything, restarted explorer.exe a million times. EIther picture 1 or picture 2 is the result. I've recently updated Windows so I'm suspecting that may be the issue. Has anyone...
  4. OneDrive won't go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive won't go away: Hey hey!So, I don't like the cloud. I don't want my stuff saved anywhere in the cyberspaces. When I got my compy fixed after my HD bit the dust, upon setting up windows again, I guess I missed the part where it asks you if you want to use OneDrive and stuff started backing...
  5. Vertical light bar - won't go away

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Vertical light bar - won't go away: I have a vertical light bar on my desk top and it stays on top of every page I open up. The slide is full on all the time and I can't move its position. Any idea how I can get rid of it? Thank you! Chicki...
  6. Windows explorer blue circle won't go away

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows explorer blue circle won't go away: I just built a new PC. I've only been using it for a week. Everything was running fine, until a couple days ago. When the PC first boots up everything is fine. Then after booting up a game or program, windows explorer stalls. I can't click anything on the task bar. It...
  7. Media bar will not go away

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media bar will not go away: Hello, I've been trying to watch movies on my laptop but the gigantic media bar which shows volume and what you're playing next to it will not go away. Literally as its starting to fade away, it will immediately come back.It tends to happen during loud scenes which seems to...
  8. This text suggestion is stuck on my screen and won't go away

in Windows 10 Customization
    This text suggestion is stuck on my screen and won't go away: I was typing on my browser and this suggestion bar appeared : [ATTACH] Now it won't go away unless I shutdown the system, which isn't possible if some important work is going on. Any fixes?...
  9. Sound bar that won't go away.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound bar that won't go away.: Several months ago I ran an update and ended up with a sound bar on the top left and middle of my screen. For months, I have been unplugging my mouse and keyboard as I restart my machine and magically this has worked, however, now it doesn't. I am not computer savvy,...
  10. Taskbar won't go away!

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar won't go away!: Windows 10 / Version 1903 OS build 18.362.778 (64-bit version) I've been having this problem for a while. The taskbar used to occasionally, randomly and regularly stay at the bottom of the screen. It wouldn't hide itself (as it was set up to do) until I opened the Task...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internet explorer bar wont go away

2. internet explorer wont go away

3. internet explorer tab bar stuck at top of home screen

4. why is there a internet explorer bar stuck on the top of my page,
  5. internet explorer search bar wont go away,
  6. internet explorer bar stuck on top of screen virus,
  7. internet explorer bar stuck on top of screen,
  8. INTERNET SCREEN STUCK ON WONT GO AWAY,
  9. internet explorer bar stuck at top of screen,
  10. internat explorer bar stuck on op of the screen,
  11. ernet exploror bar stuck on top of screen,