Windows 10: Internet Explorer cannot open my downloaded file

Discus and support Internet Explorer cannot open my downloaded file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently, I downloaded a file from the internet. The file appears on the "View Downloads" pop-up, but whenever I click open, a new window appears for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ElijahAdepeju, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Internet Explorer cannot open my downloaded file

Recently, I downloaded a file from the internet. The file appears on the "View Downloads" pop-up, but whenever I click open, a new window appears for a split second before immediately closing without any explanation. Additionally, when I check the "download location" on my computer, the file is not there. To wrap things up, I am not able to open my files.Before and AfterInternet Explorer cannot open my downloaded file :During:* Moved from IE10/Win 7

:)

ElijahAdepeju, Apr 22, 2021
  2. Cruvenium Win User

[IE6] Internet Explorer Cannot Download / [SITE]

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem with my Internet Explorer 6.

In any website I try to access, I get this

Internet Explorer cannot download / SITE
    Internet Explorere was not able to open this internet site.

There's a downloading file right behind it. I'm just trying to access a site, but it shows that. Why is it? Is there a way to cure this error?

Cruvenium, Apr 22, 2021
  3. .jar files opening in internet explorer

Hi Robert,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that .jar files opens in Internet Explorer by default and downloads again on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves the issue.

1. Right click on the .jar file, select Open with
    and click on Choose another app.

2. Select the app you want to open the .jar file from list.

3. If required, highlight the app and check the option
    Always use this app to open, click OK.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Apr 22, 2021
  4. NateHoopu Win User

Internet Explorer cannot open my downloaded file

.jar files opening in internet explorer

I have the same problem, I accidentaly switched a .jar file to open with internet explorer, or notepad, I can't remember, and I forgot to unselect set it to the default, and now I can't get back to the java thing, please help.

NateHoopu, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

Internet Explorer cannot open my downloaded file

1. Internet Explorer cannot open my downloaded file - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer cannot

2. File Explorer cannot be Opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer cannot be Opened: Each time I try to open the file explorer my laptop will have a blink and fail to do so. Looks like that system will restart the the file explorer for my each attempt I resetted my pc but kept my personal files yet it didnt work. Before the reset, I googled the solutions and...
  3. File Explorer cannot be Opened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer cannot be Opened: Each time I try to open the file explorer my laptop will have a blink and fail to do so. Looks like that system will restart the the file explorer for my each attempt I resetted my pc but kept my personal files yet it didnt work. Before the reset, I googled the solutions and...
  4. all my files are downloading with the internet explorer icon and wont open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    all my files are downloading with the internet explorer icon and wont open: I've been trying to download some mods for Minecraft but when i first downloaded one i accidently clicked "open with internet explorer" and now none of my files will open. it'll let me save them again and again when i try to open them as internet explorer files but i cant do...
  5. all my files are downloading with the internet explorer icon and wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all my files are downloading with the internet explorer icon and wont open: I've been trying to download some mods for Minecraft but when i first downloaded one i accidently clicked "open with internet explorer" and now none of my files will open. it'll let me save them again and again when i try to open them as internet explorer files but i cant do...
  6. all my files are downloading with the internet explorer icon and wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Opening Downloads in Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening Downloads in Internet Explorer: Hello, I purchased an e-book and I was trying to download and open it and while doing that I accidentally selected open in Internet Explorer. I was to change back to my default download opening settings but I can't figure out how to. I don't want internet explorer and I...
  8. Internet Explorer is downloading files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet Explorer is downloading files: I have accidentally set internet explorer as my default for downloading apps, but I do not like Internet explorer's slow download speed, can I change my default for downloading apps back to the original? I use Chrome, and I just do not like IE....
  9. Opening .png files in Internet Explorer prompts me to download

in Windows 10 Support
    Opening .png files in Internet Explorer prompts me to download: Whenever I open a .png file saved on my computer with Internet Explorer, instead of displaying the .png image in the browser as it should, a window comes up asking me if I want to save or open the image, as if I was trying to download something from the internet. Selecting...
  10. "Cannot open file -a" / explorer opens

in Windows 10 Support
    "Cannot open file -a" / explorer opens: Hello, I keep getting this error when Windows 10 boots to desktop, when I close it opens file explorer. Any ideas what's this mysterious "-a" file is? 97243