Windows 10: Internet Explorer ETW Collector Service Installation

Discus and support Internet Explorer ETW Collector Service Installation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have in the past 2 PCs with windows 7, I had updated free the software to Windows 10 home, at the end of the installation, both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jucamuel, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Jucamuel Win User

Internet Explorer ETW Collector Service Installation

Hello everyone,

I have in the past 2 PCs with windows 7, I had updated free the software to Windows 10 home, at the end of the installation, both computers do not have installed the service "Internet Explorer ETW Collector" I have tried many things as SFC, DISM commands, but they did not work.

My Windows Update is working correctly, Also I found some the ieetwcollector.exe, I could copy this file in the C:\Windows\System32 but I could not get the administrative privilege to create the folder or copy the file in C:\Windows\winsxs. I am trying to install the service, I was wondering if someone could help me with this issue?

:)

Jucamuel, Jul 8, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Missing Internet Explorer ETW Collector Service, no Start Menu

I don't think the Internet Explorer Event Tracing (Windows) service has anything to do with your problems (and no, I don't have it either).
    Internet Explorer ETW Collector Service Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums

First, try a Restart. This will do a full cold start of Windows (Shut down and turning back on doesn't, not if fast start is enabled).

If that doesn't change anything, try re-registering the apps.
    Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 8 and 10
    (edit: I see you've tried that already)

If all else fails, try an in-place repair install.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Bree, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Galane Win User
    Missing Internet Explorer ETW Collector Service, no Start Menu

Yesterday out of the blue, I could not run any 'modern' apps. Either nothing would happen or I'd get a "Class not registered" error.

I tried Microsoft's start menu troubleshooter startmenu.diagcab, which failed to do anything but tell me there's a problem it can't fix. (Required applications are not installed correctly) Tried the one to re-register all the apps using elevated Powershell. No result. There's another one that's supposed to absolutely for sure fix it by re-registering a lot of things, nope, also fails. (No, I do not have a list of sites where I found all these. If one had actually worked, I'd have saved it for future reference for the next time I run into this problem.)

SFC /scannow claims all is 100% perfectly fine. I've not tried anything with DISM yet, searches have only turned up failures to fix the problem using DISM.

Now I've come to one that says to make sure the Internet Explorer ETW Collector Service is running. So I run services.msc (I have the latest Classic Shell so I can still get to some things) and find that the service isn't only not running it is not there.

Winkey + anything does not function so I can't use Win+X or Win+R. Day before yesterday all was fine and *I* have not done a bleeping thing to this computer - have not installed or updated or uninstalled anything, nor have I changed any settings on anything in the past week. This has blown up all on its own.
    Looks like this may be the root of the problem. How do I get that service back?

I repeat, Internet Explorer ETW Collector Service is not listed. I cannot run services.msc then find that service and manually start it. I need to know how to get it back into the list first.

Galane, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

open edge

Hello,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to ensure that the “Internet Explorer ETW Collector Service” is running in the services window and check if this helps.

• Press “Windows key + R” to get the run window.

• Type “services.msc” and hit ok to open the services window.

• Scroll down to find “Internet Explorer ETW Collector Service” and ensure to have this service started and check if this helps.
    Keep us informed to help you further.

Arul_D, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Internet Explorer ETW Collector Service Installation - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer ETW

2. Etw TcpConnectionSummary event

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Etw TcpConnectionSummary event: When does this event get triggered. I can find no documentation about it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/etw-tcpconnectionsummary-event/75a484d9-088b-4d89-9157-7bafb1ea1f20
  3. Etw TcpConnectionSummary

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Etw TcpConnectionSummary: This event returns similar information to one of the getPerTcpConnectionEstats calls but I cannot find any documentation on when event tracing triggers this event. Please help....
  4. Etw TcpConnectionSummary event

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Etw TcpConnectionSummary event: When does this event get triggered. I can find no documentation about it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/etw-tcpconnectionsummary-event/75a484d9-088b-4d89-9157-7bafb1ea1f20
  5. Etw TcpConnectionSummary

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Etw TcpConnectionSummary: This event returns similar information to one of the getPerTcpConnectionEstats calls but I cannot find any documentation on when event tracing triggers this event. Please help....
  6. Etw TcpConnectionSummary event

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Etw TcpConnectionSummary

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Install Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Install Internet Explorer: Install Internet Explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-internet-explorer/62308c0f-27c2-449d-b0a7-8ed8fff4f54c
  9. Log Collector Fails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Log Collector Fails: Hello! When I run the log collector and press a key when it says to, a command prompt appears but almost instantly disappears as a bunch of lines quickly flash by. After, there is a folder on my desktop called TF debug files but it is full of empty text files. A text file...
  10. Missing Internet Explorer ETW Collector Service, no Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Internet Explorer ETW Collector Service, no Start Menu: Yesterday out of the blue, I could not run any 'modern' apps. Either nothing would happen or I'd get a "Class not registered" error. I tried Microsoft's start menu troubleshooter startmenu.diagcab, which failed to do anything but tell me there's a problem it can't fix....