Windows 10: Internet Explorer has been moved to the Accessories folder in 10049.

Discus and support Internet Explorer has been moved to the Accessories folder in 10049. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have previously read on windows10update that Microsoft was planning to move IE to the accessories folder, and remove its shortcuts on the taskbar and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by WinInsiderBeta, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Internet Explorer has been moved to the Accessories folder in 10049.

I have previously read on windows10update that Microsoft was planning to move IE to the accessories folder, and remove its shortcuts on the taskbar and start menu.

I thought this would only happen in a future build...
    But it's already the case with 10049 -- that is -- if you do a clean install.

Spartan is now the default browser, and IE is has been moved away.

Very cool huh?

:)

WinInsiderBeta, Apr 3, 2015

2. IE 11 File Deleted after Windows Creator Update -- Need Fix

Hi Tom,

Have you tried checking under Windows Accessories if Internet Explorer can be found there? To check, see the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Expand Windows Accessories, and locate
      Internet
      Explorer.

If Internet Explorer is not under Windows Accessories, follow the steps below to create a shortcut of Internet Explorer on the desktop.

• Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer.
    • In the Internet Explorer folder, right-click on iexplore, click
      Send to, and then click on Desktop (create shortcut) to create a shortcut of Internet Explorer on the desktop.

Once you have the Internet Explorer shortcut on the desktop, follow the steps below to add it back to Windows Accessories:

• Copy the Internet Explorer shortcut on the desktop.
    • Open Run by pressing the Windows key + R.
    • Type the path below and then click on OK:

%ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories
    • Paste the Internet Explorer shortcut in the Windows Accessories folder, and then rename it as
      Internet Explorer.

Should you encounter further issues, let us know.

Patricia Yu, Apr 3, 2015
  3. Shilohbob Win User
    Internet Explorer

From 'Start Screen' > select 'All apps' > select 'Windows Accessories' r/click on 'Internet Explorer' > from selection panel select your choice of action.

To open L/click on 'Internet Explorer'

IE has been demoted to an accessory to W10.

Internet Explorer has been moved to the Accessories folder in 10049. [​IMG]

or;

at 'Start Screen' type in 'internet explorer' > L/click on result.

Shilohbob, Apr 3, 2015
  4. BRKKAB Win User

Internet Explorer has been moved to the Accessories folder in 10049.

Seeing as it was just released in this build and really buggy in areas, it's not cool at all. IE11 at least has been out for over a year now and generally functions properly. That should've been saved for the Windows 10 RC, instead.

BRKKAB, Apr 3, 2015
  5. I agree with you, Spartan still lacks some features and sometimes crashes, but it's just cool to see Microsoft is moving forward.
    Maybe in this month's build, IE will be gone as well. We'll see.

WinInsiderBeta, Apr 3, 2015
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
    I guess they want us to test Spartan. If they were hiding it, that would not happen. Getting the IE out of the Accessories is no big deal.

Thema:

Internet Explorer has been moved to the Accessories folder in 10049.

1. Internet Explorer has been moved to the Accessories folder in 10049. - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer has

2. C: drive has been moved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C: drive has been moved: My C: drive is now showing as an external drive of the computer. When creating a backup file on Quicken I inadvertently typed a SMALL c: and now it is not recognized as my computer DEVICE. How do I restore it?...
  3. C: drive has been moved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C: drive has been moved: My C: drive is now showing as an external drive of the computer. When creating a backup file on Quicken I inadvertently typed a SMALL c: and now it is not recognized as my computer DEVICE. How do I restore it?...
  4. C: drive has been moved

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. move 3D Viewer to Windows Accessories folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    move 3D Viewer to Windows Accessories folder: Hello, so i would like to move the 3D Viewer app to the Windows Accessories folder in the Start Menu. How is it possible please? Thanks! TiTi_...
  6. Shortcut Has been moved or changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut Has been moved or changed: Whenever I download Stream Labs OBS and try to run it, it always says This shortcut has been moved or changed an will not run properly. I haven't moved or changed it at all....
  7. Downloads folder moved from C to D drive and has been merged with User folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads folder moved from C to D drive and has been merged with User folder: I was running out of space on my C drive, so I decided to relocate the Downloads folder to the D drive within my User folderD:\Hashim Ali My user folder in the d drive This ended up merging my user folder and the downloads folder, making it one massive 40 GB folder I...
  8. My user folder has been moved to the desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My user folder has been moved to the desktop: Hello I've just started setting up my new desktop with Windows 10. I just realised my user folder has been moved to the desktop, not sure how. In the C:Users\ folder there are now only two folders: 'Public' (used to be there before) and 'defaultuser10000' (new folder...
  9. Internet Explorer 11 has been blocked by a virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Internet Explorer 11 has been blocked by a virus: IE 11 has been blocked by a virus but I did click the Taskbar-Task Manager- Processes-APPS: Right click Internet explorer-END TASK. At this point I[ATTACH][ATTACH] can use the PC but internet explorer ask me to RECOVER the pages that I just deleted. After i made a full scan...
  10. Your Mailbox Has Been Temporarily Moved

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Your Mailbox Has Been Temporarily Moved: Hi, folks: I've never seen anything like this before, and hadn't thought of it before, but it may (or may not) have something to do with the last two Insider Builds: [img] I uninstalled and reinstalled Office 365, but I still have the notice. This machine is dual boot,...