Windows 10: Internet Explorer is downloading files

Discus and support Internet Explorer is downloading files in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have accidentally set internet explorer as my default for downloading apps, but I do not like Internet explorer's slow download speed, can I change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Om D, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Om D Win User

Internet Explorer is downloading files

I have accidentally set internet explorer as my default for downloading apps, but I do not like Internet explorer's slow download speed, can I change my default for downloading apps back to the original? I use Chrome, and I just do not like IE.

:)

2. Cruvenium Win User

[IE6] Internet Explorer Cannot Download / [SITE]

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem with my Internet Explorer 6.

In any website I try to access, I get this

Internet Explorer cannot download / SITE
    Internet Explorere was not able to open this internet site.

There's a downloading file right behind it. I'm just trying to access a site, but it shows that. Why is it? Is there a way to cure this error?

Cruvenium, Jul 19, 2019
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Internet Explorer is downloading files wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

4. Internet Explorer is downloading files

Cant download files from the internet?

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to download files from the Internet. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Do you have a wired net connection or a Wi-Fi net connection?

• Are you able to download those files using any other browser on the pc?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

• What is the error message you get when the download fails?

Suggest you to use Microsoft Edge to check if you are able to download the files.

Follow these steps to reset the Internet Explorer settings to default and check the browser freeze status.

1. Press “Windows key + R” to get the run window.

2. Type “inetcpl.cpl” and click ok to get the “Internet Options” window.

3. Click the “Advanced” tab and click “reset”.

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental
    control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

Internet Explorer is downloading files

1. Internet Explorer is downloading files - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer downloading

2. Explorer File Not internet explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer File Not internet explorer: As I am having problems with the preview pane and have had replies but nothing has worked -- May I ask if File Explorer can be removed and then restored.Please see my preview query Preview pane stopped working. and my name is Terence Cotton....
  3. Explorer File Not internet explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer File Not internet explorer: As I am having problems with the preview pane and have had replies but nothing has worked -- May I ask if File Explorer can be removed and then restored.Please see my preview query Preview pane stopped working. and my name is Terence Cotton....
  4. Explorer File Not internet explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. download file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download file explorer: How do i stop file explorer from stopping https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-file-explorer/f5ac9e5e-8e97-4657-a3f1-59ac9f10f12b
  6. Internet Explorer cannot open my downloaded file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer cannot open my downloaded file: Recently, I downloaded a file from the internet. The file appears on the "View Downloads" pop-up, but whenever I click open, a new window appears for a split second before immediately closing without any explanation. Additionally, when I check the "download location" on my...
  7. Downloading documents with internet explorer

Downloading documents with internet explorer: Hi. When I was downloading documents I accidently clicked open with internet explorer always. And now I can't get rid of it. My question is how do I turn it back to the default settings so it doesn't open with internet explorer?...
  8. Opening Downloads in Internet Explorer

Opening Downloads in Internet Explorer: Hello, I purchased an e-book and I was trying to download and open it and while doing that I accidentally selected open in Internet Explorer. I was to change back to my default download opening settings but I can't figure out how to. I don't want internet explorer and I...
  9. Opening .png files in Internet Explorer prompts me to download

in Windows 10 Support
    Opening .png files in Internet Explorer prompts me to download: Whenever I open a .png file saved on my computer with Internet Explorer, instead of displaying the .png image in the browser as it should, a window comes up asking me if I want to save or open the image, as if I was trying to download something from the internet. Selecting...
  10. Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files.

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files.: CCleaner always detects 1-2GB files to be cleaned from IE. I don't use IE, Edge occasionally so what are these files? Are they possibly Windows update files? 89384

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is internet explorer my default downloading