Windows 10: Internet Explorer is slow

Discus and support Internet Explorer is slow in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My faster computer take 10 times longer in internet explorer 11 to bring up a site than my slower computer. I deleted the cookies but didn't help. What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lostsoul65, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Internet Explorer is slow

My faster computer take 10 times longer in internet explorer 11 to bring up a site than my slower computer. I deleted the cookies but didn't help. What could be causing this? Internet edge is OK

:)

lostsoul65, Jan 14, 2020
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Internet Explorer is slow wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Internet Explorer is slow, crashing, freezing

Hi Albert,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter which would tell us the reason behind the issue and check.

Follow these steps to run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Click on search and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

Method 2: Follow the steps suggested in this link and check if it helps.

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Reset Internet Explorer disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature
    might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Method 3: I would suggest you to run
    System Maintenance Troubleshooter
    and check if it helps:

• Press Windows + X key. 
    • Select Control panel.
    • In the search box, type Troubleshooter and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security,
    • Click on System Maintenance and Click on Next button.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Internet Explorer is slow

Internet explorer is slow and having other problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand that things can be frustrating when it goes unusual.

We are here to assist you.

Please follow the steps and check if the issue can be resolved:

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Internet Explorer Performance
    troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on view all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Internet Explorer Performance,
      click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.
    Step 2: If the issue persist, reset internet Explorer by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Step 3: If the issue persist,
    turn off the internet explorer and turn it back on by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

How to turn Internet Explorer off

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/How-to-turn-Internet-Explorer-off

Here are some common solutions to problems you might be experiencing with your browser.

You may also check the suggestions from the below link on What to do when internet Explorer isn't working.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this information helps. Please post back for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Internet Explorer is slow

1. Internet Explorer is slow - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer slow

2. Slow explorer, slow program launchs, slow internet

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow explorer, slow program launchs, slow internet: For some reason lately, I have had a terrible time with programs not opening very fast. Its like the entire PC is lagging terrible. When checking resources , all seem fine and nothing seems to be laggy. After restarting it seems fine for a while. But when programs try to...
  3. File Explorer Slows When Connected to the Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Slows When Connected to the Internet: So this is an odd problem which I have not been able to find any solutions to so far. When I use my laptop at work, I am able to connect to the internet and do things like play music through Youtube, while also using the file explorer to navigate to the folders I need to...
  4. Slow Internet Explorer is slow

in Browsers and Email
    Slow Internet Explorer is slow: My faster computer take 10 times longer in internet explorer 11 to bring up a site than my slower computer. I deleted the cookies but didn't help. What could be causing this? Internet edge is OK 148368
  5. Slow computer on Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow computer on Internet Explorer 11: I`m using Windows 10 and Internet Explorer 11. I mean this combination is terrible! It locks up and takes FOREVER to download and work. I have "Reset" it several times, disabled my "Add-ons", run my "Anti-virus" time after time, Deleted all "History" and it is still...
  6. Internet Explorer is much too slow.

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer is much too slow.: Hi ! On my destop, Internet Explorer takes far too much time to open and I don't see why. The problem arised recently but I cannot remind of any event which could explain the situation. I know I can use Edge, which is a good browser, but I still like some I.E. features. I...
  7. Internet Explorer is extremely slow

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer is extremely slow: I'm using Windows 10 latest updates and internet exp. version 11. (exact vestons see screen shots) About 6-8 weeks, internet explorer has become so slow, and hangs up, so often I literally can not use it. simple tasks such as hitting Google, IE will just hang taking 45-50...
  8. Slow typing response in Internet Explorer and Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Slow typing response in Internet Explorer and Edge: I noticed that in IE 11 on Windows 8.1 that there was this slightly perceived typing lag when entering text in fields displayed in the browser. This lag would not be present in Chrome, Opera, and others... so that's what would make it noticeable. When you type fast, it is...
  9. Internet explorer 11 slow with Win 10.

in Browsers and Email
    Internet explorer 11 slow with Win 10.: I just upgraded to Win 10 2 days ago, I set Internet Explore 11 as Default but it is really slow. 44784
  10. Internet Explorer is very Slow...

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer is very Slow...: When I first upgraded IE was OK but for some unknown it has become very slow. What can I look for? 28645