Windows 10: Internet Explorer "New tab" shortcut (CTRL+S) not working

Discus and support Internet Explorer "New tab" shortcut (CTRL+S) not working in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; It was working before on W8.1 and now it seems like it's the only shortcut that doesn't work. I have noticed this shortcut (CTRL+S) is also bound to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Paulo27, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Paulo27 Win User

Internet Explorer "New tab" shortcut (CTRL+S) not working

It was working before on W8.1 and now it seems like it's the only shortcut that doesn't work.
    I have noticed this shortcut (CTRL+S) is also bound to "Save as...", I'm not sure if this was the case in W8.1 but it worked fine then.
    Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Paulo27, Sep 2, 2015

2. toolbars

When you right-click the shortcut you use to open Internet Explorer then select Properties, on the General tab, is it shown to be a Pinned shortcut?

Try re-enabling those toolbars like this...

Open Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Delete) go to the Processes tab and close any/all iexplore processes.

Open Internet Explorer, enable those toolbars, close and re-open IE. Are the toolbars still there?

Don

Don Varnau, Sep 2, 2015
  3. Open Favorite In New Tab?

Supposedly it is Ctrl-Enter, at least on the pinned Favorites bar. Press Ctrl-Shift-i to pin your Favorites bar and then hover your mouse pointer over the arrow on the right to see this tooltip.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Sep 2, 2015
  4. ARC1020 Win User

I'm not sure about Windows 10, but in Windows 8.1 you use CTRL + T to open a new tab in Internet Explorer. And middle (scroll wheel) mouse button to open a link in a new tab (or CTRL + left mouse button).

Internet Explorer "New tab" shortcut (CTRL+S) not working [​IMG]

ARC1020, Sep 2, 2015
  5. Paulo27 Win User
    That's weird, I know Chrome also uses CTRL+S (IE on W10 doesn't use CTRL+T for me) but in W8/W8.1 CTRL+S opened a new tab.

Paulo27, Sep 2, 2015
  6. Paulo27 Win User
    I said CTRL+T wasn't working but apparently it is (I remember this being the key to select everything in W8/W8.1, CTRL+A was similar but one select just the article or post while the other selected everything, I forget which was which).
    It's still weird because it says right here that CTRL+S is the proper shortcut: https://i.imgur.com/1gIC3mf.png "Novo Separador"
    So I guess it's kinda fixed but the "proper" shortcut still isn't working for me >_<

Paulo27, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Internet Explorer "New tab" shortcut (CTRL+S) not working - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer tab

2. Disable Shift+Ctrl+S windows 10 Home keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Shift+Ctrl+S windows 10 Home keyboard shortcut: How do I disable Shift+Ctrl+S hotkey in Windows 10 home version? When pressed a red right angle appears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-shiftctrls-windows-10-home-keyboard/7c74145f-d106-40c6-8172-c03a58d6fc6e
  3. CTRL Keyboard Shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CTRL Keyboard Shortcuts not working: I have recently discovered that whenever I try to use keyboard shortcuts (i.e. ctrl + C, ctrl + Z, etc.) with my LEFT control key, nothing happens. Instead, it will just type the letter I tried to use in the shortcut. So if I try to copy, it will enter a C. This is only...
  4. Ctrl Shortcuts Broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ctrl Shortcuts Broken: They only break when I'm playing a game, but here's a list of things people told me and it didn't work. -updating drivers -running troubleshooter -sfc /scannow...
  5. Internet Shortcuts no longer working

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Shortcuts no longer working: I have a problem with Internet short-cuts on my Desktop. This has only occurred since the April 2018 update. Internet short-cuts which previously worked ok now appear to open a text file. Which looks like this: [{000214A0-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}] Prop3=19,2...
  6. Switch tab order (Ctrl + Tab) in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Switch tab order (Ctrl + Tab) in Edge: In previous versions of Windows and IE, you could change the order of tabs you switch to when using Ctrl + Tab. The 2 choices were to just cycle through each tab or use the most recent order. The latter is the one I have always used as it fits my purposes best. The default...
  7. "New tab" in Internet Explorer 11 - How to remove icon on tab

in Browsers and Email
    "New tab" in Internet Explorer 11 - How to remove icon on tab: Is there any way to remove the icon from the "New tab" tab...? It was apparently added to IE 11 with the Windows 10 Pro Creators Update (1703/15063.138). The plain tab was just fine... 81949
  8. Switch tab order (Ctrl + Tab) in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Switch tab order (Ctrl + Tab) in Edge: In previous versions of Windows and IE, you could change the order of tabs you switch to when using Ctrl + Tab. The 2 choices were to just cycle through each tab or use the most recent order. The latter is the one I have always used as it fits my purposes best. The default...
  9. new tabs in Google Chrome ,Firefox or Internet Explorer freezes PC

in Browsers and Email
    new tabs in Google Chrome ,Firefox or Internet Explorer freezes PC: Does anybody have a solution to this problem. When I open a couple of new tabs in Google Chrome ,Firefox or Internet Explorer it freezes my computer completely. It started with the latest Windows 10 update. 1. In Event Viewer - System I have this two errors constantly...
  10. Internet Shortcut - Internet Explorer .URL causes explorer crash/hang

in Windows 10 Support
    Internet Shortcut - Internet Explorer .URL causes explorer crash/hang: I'm on a fresh install Win10Home64Bit, 1709.16299.125. This occurs the instant I get to the desktop after installation and forever after. Right clicking on an internet shortcut (.URL) in file explorer or on desktop causes explorer to hang and occasionally crash. Occasionally,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ctrl s is not working in chrome

2. new tab shortcut for internet explorer

3. internet explorer will not open new tab when CTRL