Windows 10: Internet Explorer "New tab" shortcut (CTRL+S) not working

Discus and support Internet Explorer "New tab" shortcut (CTRL+S) not working in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; It was working before on W8.1 and now it seems like it's the only shortcut that doesn't work. I have noticed this shortcut (CTRL+S) is also bound to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Paulo27, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Paulo27 Win User

Internet Explorer "New tab" shortcut (CTRL+S) not working

It was working before on W8.1 and now it seems like it's the only shortcut that doesn't work.
    I have noticed this shortcut (CTRL+S) is also bound to "Save as...", I'm not sure if this was the case in W8.1 but it worked fine then.
    Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Paulo27, Sep 2, 2015

2. toolbars

When you right-click the shortcut you use to open Internet Explorer then select Properties, on the General tab, is it shown to be a Pinned shortcut?

Try re-enabling those toolbars like this...

Open Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Delete) go to the Processes tab and close any/all iexplore processes.

Open Internet Explorer, enable those toolbars, close and re-open IE. Are the toolbars still there?

Don

Don Varnau, Sep 2, 2015
  3. Open Favorite In New Tab?

Supposedly it is Ctrl-Enter, at least on the pinned Favorites bar. Press Ctrl-Shift-i to pin your Favorites bar and then hover your mouse pointer over the arrow on the right to see this tooltip.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Sep 2, 2015
  4. ARC1020 Win User

I'm not sure about Windows 10, but in Windows 8.1 you use CTRL + T to open a new tab in Internet Explorer. And middle (scroll wheel) mouse button to open a link in a new tab (or CTRL + left mouse button).

Internet Explorer "New tab" shortcut (CTRL+S) not working [​IMG]

ARC1020, Sep 2, 2015
  5. Paulo27 Win User
    That's weird, I know Chrome also uses CTRL+S (IE on W10 doesn't use CTRL+T for me) but in W8/W8.1 CTRL+S opened a new tab.

Paulo27, Sep 2, 2015
  6. Paulo27 Win User
    I said CTRL+T wasn't working but apparently it is (I remember this being the key to select everything in W8/W8.1, CTRL+A was similar but one select just the article or post while the other selected everything, I forget which was which).
    It's still weird because it says right here that CTRL+S is the proper shortcut: https://i.imgur.com/1gIC3mf.png "Novo Separador"
    So I guess it's kinda fixed but the "proper" shortcut still isn't working for me >_<

Paulo27, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Internet Explorer "New tab" shortcut (CTRL+S) not working - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer tab

2. Ctrl D shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl D shortcut not working: Hello!Like a week ago Ctrl+D combination suddenly stopped working on my laptop Windows, Xiaomi RedmiBook pro 14s in my Google Sheets, then I noticed that the shortcut doesn't work either in Google Sheets, Miro, Google Meet, or Figma. Other shortcuts like Ctrl+A, Ctrl+; etc....
  3. Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working: I have been having issues with my Ctrl+Shift keybinds for months now. I have been researching on every site I can find about this issue. I've tried changing Sticky Keys, I've tried changing Filter Keys, I've tried checking my keyboard settings, I've tried changing settings in...
  4. How to fix CTRL+S shortcut key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix CTRL+S shortcut key?: Hi! Can someone help me how to fix my "Saving Shortcut key" because when I type CTRL+S it doesn't save my work in any application I used but when I do it manually it does the work and it takes a lot of time. I hope some experts would notice my concern for this is very crucial...
  5. How to fix CTRL+S shortcut key?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to fix CTRL+S shortcut key?: Hi! Can someone help me how to fix my "Saving Shortcut key" because when I type CTRL+S it doesn't save my work in any application I used but when I do it manually it does the work and it takes a lot of time. I hope some experts would notice my concern for this is very crucial...
  6. How to fix CTRL+S shortcut key?

7. Shortcut ctrl + v is not working

Shortcut ctrl + v is not working: Hi, when I copy something and paste it, it pastes it twice. How can I solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-ctrl-v-is-not-working/a8b37e04-64e7-480e-96d5-6f0e88c9948e
  8. Tab and left CTRL not working

Tab and left CTRL not working: I have had this problem persist for a few months now so restarting the computer or updating windows is not the answer. My left CTRL key and Tab key on my HP Envy 360 stopped working suddenly. The laptop is less than a year old and I have removed the keys to check for debris...
  9. Tab and left CTRL not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tab and left CTRL not working: I have had this problem persist for a few months now so restarting the computer or updating windows is not the answer. My left CTRL key and Tab key on my HP Envy 360 stopped working suddenly. The laptop is less than a year old and I have removed the keys to check for debris...
  10. working of ctrl shortcut key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    working of ctrl shortcut key: I am a coder, I need to change same word at different places at a time until recently I used to select that words using mouse and ctrl key and change it simultaneously but my ctrl key stopped responding to that shortcut but it is working for other shortcuts what should I do?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ctrl s is not working in chrome

2. new tab shortcut for internet explorer

3. internet explorer will not open new tab when CTRL