Windows 10: Internet Explorer opens "click here to view in a web browser" in Outlook email even though...

Discus and support Internet Explorer opens "click here to view in a web browser" in Outlook email even though... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have set Chrome as my default web browser in Windows 10 Home > Settings > Apps > Default apps. If I click a link in an email in Outlook it opens in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by donander, Mar 23, 2021.

1. donander Win User

Internet Explorer opens "click here to view in a web browser" in Outlook email even though...

I have set Chrome as my default web browser in Windows 10 Home > Settings > Apps > Default apps.

If I click a link in an email in Outlook it opens in Chrome.

However, today I received an email from Capital One Shopping and the link in the body of the email did not work so I clicked on "If there are problems with how this message is displayed, click here to view it in a web browser" and the web page opened in Internet Explorer.

I did a web search for this but all the results said to use the Default apps setting in Windows. As I have said above, I already have Chrome set as the default web browser there so apparently the "If there are problems with how this message is displayed, click here to view it in a web browser" link uses a different setting because it is opening in Internet Explorer instead of Chrome.

I hope someone can help me fix this as it is annoying.

Thanks,

Don

**Moved from:Microsoft 365 and Office / Outlook / Windows 10 / Microsoft 365 Family**

:)

donander, Mar 23, 2021
  2. Jessen P Win User

I cant open mi web page in internet and my emails in outlook

Hi Cristian,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

• Which browser do you use to access websites?
    • Do you get any error message when you cannot open the websites?

I suggest you to check the status of the issue on different web browsers. In case you face the issue on Internet Explorer, you may add the website to Compatibility view settings and check if it helps.
    To add the website to compatibility view follow the steps below.

Steps:-

• Open Internet Explorer and go to the website.

• Press Alt + X keys and select
          Compatibility view settings

• Click on Add and Close.

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Jessen P, Mar 23, 2021
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Internet Explorer opens "click here to view in a web browser" in Outlook email even though... wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

4. Internet Explorer opens "click here to view in a web browser" in Outlook email even though...

when i open an email in outlook and it says it has to open in a web browser, the dammed thing opens internet explorer 11

when i open an email in outlook and it says it has to open in a web browser, the dammed thing opens internet explorer 11 ! how do i fix this to use a current "working" Edge. It's really Anoying.

jackman1275, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

Internet Explorer opens "click here to view in a web browser" in Outlook email even though...

1. Internet Explorer opens "click here to view in a web browser" in Outlook email even though... - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer opens

2. Link in internet browser will not open outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Link in internet browser will not open outlook: I'm in Microsoft Edge. I'm clicking on a site that says email us. I get no response when I click on the icon. Outlook should open but it doesn't. Anyhelp is appreciated....
  3. Link in internet browser will not open outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Link in internet browser will not open outlook: I'm in Microsoft Edge. I'm clicking on a site that says email us. I get no response when I click on the icon. Outlook should open but it doesn't. Anyhelp is appreciated....
  4. Link in internet browser will not open outlook

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Interactive Yammer Emails in Outlook on the web are here

in Windows 10 News
    Interactive Yammer Emails in Outlook on the web are here: Outlook on the web users can now interact with Yammer conversations, polls, questions and praise without leaving their Outlook inbox. We announced this feature at Microsoft Ignite 2019, and it is now rolled out to 100% of enterprise tenants. It will be coming to desktop and...
  6. changine outlook email request to view in browser from Explorer to Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    changine outlook email request to view in browser from Explorer to Edge: When I want to see the email subject the senders website via a browser, outlook always sends me to explorer while I want to use my windows 10 default edge browser. Does anyone know how I can change from explorer to edge inside my outlook email?...
  7. when i open an email in outlook and it says it has to open in a web browser, the dammed...

in Windows 10 Customization
    when i open an email in outlook and it says it has to open in a web browser, the dammed...: when i open an email in outlook and it says it has to open in a web browser, the dammed thing opens internet explorer 11 ! how do i fix this to use a current "working" Edge. It's really Anoying....
  8. Win10 1809 link to email account via Outlook will not open a web view

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 1809 link to email account via Outlook will not open a web view: I am running Win10 Pro 1809, outlook 2010 for emails. When I go to my service provider's email server by clicking on the email login, it no longer automatically opens a web view of my emails on the server which it used to, until I switch to the "Standard" HTML mode. This...
  9. Win10 1809 link to email account via Outlook will not open a web view

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 1809 link to email account via Outlook will not open a web view: I am running Win10 Pro 1809, outlook 2010 for emails. When I go to my service provider's email server by clicking on the email login, it no longer automatically opens a web view of my emails on the server which it used to, until I switch to the "Standard" HTML mode. This...
  10. outlook open with internet explorer

in Browsers and Email
    outlook open with internet explorer: When I want to open a link in outlook 2010 to open a website, I have to choose the app to open. I choose IE and also put a X by "Always use this app" . But next time I receive the same ... (when I choose edge, there is no problem but I want to use IE Internet explorer is...