Windows 10: Internet Explorer & QuickBooks

Discus and support Internet Explorer & QuickBooks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I tried to launch QuickBooks but it's telling me I need to have Internet Explorer turned on. I haven't changed anything since I last logged on to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Glen CPA, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Glen CPA Win User

Internet Explorer & QuickBooks

I tried to launch QuickBooks but it's telling me I need to have Internet Explorer turned on. I haven't changed anything since I last logged on to QuickBooks. Can anyone tell me how to turn on Internet Explorer or check if it's off?

Thanks.

:)

Glen CPA, Jul 20, 2020
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Internet Explorer & QuickBooks wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Cannot start quickbooks- with internet explorer

Can't turn on QuickBooks-saying internet explorer needs to be turned on. Went to programs & features and turned on internet 11. Still no success.

Tiger Dickerson, Jul 20, 2020
  4. den942 Win User

No Internet Explorer after reset

After a factory reset Internet Explorer no longer works and QuickBooks Pro says it won't run without it. The Internet Explorer program folder is there with a few files but no .exe file. I tried to install it but get a pop up that it is already installed. It is not listed in Add/Remove Windows Programs to turn on. Is there any way to fix this?

den942, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Internet Explorer & QuickBooks - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer QuickBooks

2. turn on internet explorer for quickbooks

in Windows 10 Customization
    turn on internet explorer for quickbooks: how do I turn on internet explorer for QuickBooks without turning it on as default browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-internet-explorer-for-quickbooks/64460038-3817-4378-8ebf-0ca68c1a9c7d
  3. Internet Explorer 6.0 Disabled and I NEED it for Quickbooks

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet Explorer 6.0 Disabled and I NEED it for Quickbooks: Something in my settings was changed and the effect was that it disabled Internet Explorer. I am now not able to open Quickbooks an old version due to this change. I do not know how to change the windows settings to enable Internet Explorer....
  4. How to install Internet Explorer into Windows 10 so that I can use Quickbooks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to install Internet Explorer into Windows 10 so that I can use Quickbooks: Purchased Quickbooks and for some reason that program needs Internet Explorer to be used. I tried installing Internet Explorer into Windows 10 but it will not work.Tried installing it a dozen times with reboots and driver updates and nothing works....
  5. quickbooks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    quickbooks: i updated from 2013 to 2019 quickbooks and lost everything . is there any way to recover? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quickbooks/c6de9553-3b99-4b63-83ed-12c84abb7cb4"
  6. Quickbooks 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Quickbooks 2019: Been trying to update from Quickbooks 2016 to QuickBooks 2019 and it says "contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of the file, verify its integrity and try again. I've talked with 3...
  7. Quickbooks backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quickbooks backup: I had my computer system re installed. I can get QuickBooks online back up to work. It just kicks it out, I was on phone for hours and they can't get it to work . Is there something in the software stopping it or do I need to take it back to be reinstalled again...
  8. Quickbook

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Quickbook: I'm receiving a runtime error message showing abnormal program termination. I am using Windows 10 64-bit. The program is Quickbook 2016 . It was working fine yesterday, bur after booting the computer this morning, the error message appeared when I tried to open the program....
  9. Quickbooks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quickbooks: What could be the cause of the error Windows can't find your program files? All Quick Books programs won't open, Intuit has no clue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quickbooks/700c2f6e-766a-43eb-b16d-133409bf435c
  10. Quickbooks Program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quickbooks Program: I have run QBfile doctor, I have run QB diagnostic tool, I have added nearly all of the QBooks program files to the Allowed Program List in Windows Defender. Windows Defender still blocking my QuickBooks program!! I have gone in and changed my permissions in QuickBooks and...