Windows 10: Internet Explorer running in background?

Discus and support Internet Explorer running in background? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Now & again I run CCleaner & as usual it comes up with a list of Temporary files, Chrome cookies & cache, Windows log files etc to be cleaned. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FrankS, Oct 29, 2018.

1. FrankS Win User

Internet Explorer running in background?

Now & again I run CCleaner & as usual it comes up with a list of Temporary files, Chrome cookies & cache, Windows log files etc to be cleaned.
    However, it also lists Internet Explorer cookies & temporary internet files.
    Why is this this since I never use Internet Explorer or indeed Edge?

:)

FrankS, Oct 29, 2018
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Internet Explorer running in background? wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Homeless Win User
    Internet Explorer 9 won't run

That's the exact problem i'm having. I did the first two and nothing happens, but when I try and do the troubleshooting step I don't have the internet explorer performance troubleshooter. Oddly both my x64 systems don't have it but my x86 one does.

Homeless, Oct 29, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Internet Explorer missing

Hi,

Please follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1:

Press Windows Key +R.

Type iexplore and hit enter.

Check if you are able to access Internet Explorer.

Method 2:

I suggest you to run in-built Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on Internet Explorer performance
      to run the troubleshooter.
    Please reply us on the status to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Internet Explorer running in background? - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer running

2. Internet does not work when explorer is running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet does not work when explorer is running: Internet does not work when explorer is running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-does-not-work-when-explorer-is-running/7806ee48-ea2b-48c5-86b8-ef264641530a
  3. HELP! Explorer runs in the background but no explorer on the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! Explorer runs in the background but no explorer on the desktop: I checked task manager to see if explorer is running. i restarted it a couple times still no diffrence. before the new update on windows 11 everything worked fine build 675...
  4. HELP! Explorer runs in the background but no explorer on the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! Explorer runs in the background but no explorer on the desktop: I checked task manager to see if explorer is running. i restarted it a couple times still no diffrence. before the new update on windows 11 everything worked fine build 675...
  5. Why was internet explorer running on its own?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why was internet explorer running on its own?: So my laptop was heating up, and its fans produced a lot of sound, I cheked the task manager, and I saw that Interner Explorer was yaking up 30% of my CPU, on top of that, I havent launched Internet Explorer at the first place. Does anyone know the reason behind this?...
  6. Internet explorer is running in background continuously in window 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internet explorer is running in background continuously in window 10: 14 jan 2020 After the time was over, I install window 10 in my computer, I only use edge and chrome for my favourite browsers And I never used internet Explorer since 3 years [ATTACH][ATTACH] But today why is it running in the background and and consuming so much resources...
  7. Internet Explorer running in background?

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer running in background?: Now & again I run CCleaner & as usual it comes up with a list of Temporary files, Chrome cookies & cache, Windows log files etc to be cleaned. However, it also lists Internet Explorer cookies & temporary internet files. Why is this this since I never use Internet Explorer or...
  8. Internet Explorer Always Running in Background

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer Always Running in Background: I think I remember going through this on a previous machine a while back and just noticed it on my current machine. It may have been occurring for a while but I noticed it this time doing some services/performance checks after installing 1809 Update. Every time I start my...
  9. Internet Explorer 11 - Opens in Background FOR NO APPARENT REASON

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer 11 - Opens in Background FOR NO APPARENT REASON: Internet Explorer continues to open in the background with ridiculous stories about Hollywood. I do not know what is causing this nor how to stop it....
  10. Internet Explorer background process normal in Windows 10?

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer background process normal in Windows 10?: Hi, slight fork of a thread in the anti virus forums below. After loading up Windows 10 (x64 Home), after about 8 minutes I am seeing a background internet explorer process iexplore.exe launch, which then launches up to 200 connections to various ips, some look like possible...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows explorer running in background

2. winds explorer running in background

3. mail and internet explorer run in back ground

4. internet explorer running in background