Windows 10: Internet Explorer running in background?

Discus and support Internet Explorer running in background? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Now & again I run CCleaner & as usual it comes up with a list of Temporary files, Chrome cookies & cache, Windows log files etc to be cleaned. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FrankS, Oct 29, 2018.

1. FrankS Win User

Internet Explorer running in background?

Now & again I run CCleaner & as usual it comes up with a list of Temporary files, Chrome cookies & cache, Windows log files etc to be cleaned.
    However, it also lists Internet Explorer cookies & temporary internet files.
    Why is this this since I never use Internet Explorer or indeed Edge?

:)

FrankS, Oct 29, 2018
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Internet Explorer running in background? wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Homeless Win User
    Internet Explorer 9 won't run

That's the exact problem i'm having. I did the first two and nothing happens, but when I try and do the troubleshooting step I don't have the internet explorer performance troubleshooter. Oddly both my x64 systems don't have it but my x86 one does.

Homeless, Oct 29, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Internet Explorer missing

Hi,

Please follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1:

Press Windows Key +R.

Type iexplore and hit enter.

Check if you are able to access Internet Explorer.

Method 2:

I suggest you to run in-built Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on Internet Explorer performance
      to run the troubleshooter.
    Please reply us on the status to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Internet Explorer running in background? - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer running

2. Internet Explorer running in background?

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer running in background?: Now & again I run CCleaner & as usual it comes up with a list of Temporary files, Chrome cookies & cache, Windows log files etc to be cleaned. However, it also lists Internet Explorer cookies & temporary internet files. Why is this this since I never use Internet Explorer or...
  3. Internet Explorer Always Running in Background

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer Always Running in Background: I think I remember going through this on a previous machine a while back and just noticed it on my current machine. It may have been occurring for a while but I noticed it this time doing some services/performance checks after installing 1809 Update. Every time I start my...
  4. Apps Running in Background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps Running in Background: Recently, I've had a lot of Windows apps running in the background- photos, calculator, and the store app, just to name a few- despite the fact that I have my computer set to not run apps in the background. Well, recently I found out that every time I turn on my computer, my...
  5. Edge running in background

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge running in background: Why is Microsoft Edge running in the background? Is this necessary or a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/edge-running-in-background/3f945703-6d88-4779-a8c2-e5ff74accc2e
  6. Internet Explorer 11 - Opens in Background FOR NO APPARENT REASON

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer 11 - Opens in Background FOR NO APPARENT REASON: Internet Explorer continues to open in the background with ridiculous stories about Hollywood. I do not know what is causing this nor how to stop it....
  7. Apps running in Background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps running in Background: HI, I'm new to Windows 10 and need some advice. Is it safe to turn off background apps or do I need some running? What about 'mixed reality viewer,' I don't know what it is? I do use MS Edge but do I need it running all the time. ? I like to keep my Gmail, Microsoft, outlook,...
  8. Internet Explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer: I dual boot win 10 pro and win 10 premium on a ssd drive. When I open ie 11 on win 10 premium it opens right away as it should. When I open ie 11 on win 10 pro it takes 14 seconds at least. I can't figure out why. Did a reinstall of both today but no improvement. Very...
  9. Internet Explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer: Someone please help me, my sister passed away recently and I want to open some saved java script files I have of her. My internet explorer loads but produces page not responding on every page I try to open, so I cannot download java the download box appears but the open/save...
  10. Internet Explorer background process normal in Windows 10?

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer background process normal in Windows 10?: Hi, slight fork of a thread in the anti virus forums below. After loading up Windows 10 (x64 Home), after about 8 minutes I am seeing a background internet explorer process iexplore.exe launch, which then launches up to 200 connections to various ips, some look like possible...