Windows 10: Internet Explorer Still the Number One Browser in the World

Discus and support Internet Explorer Still the Number One Browser in the World in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] Data shows IE remains the leading browser worldwide Internet Explorer is no longer the default browser in Windows, but this doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Internet Explorer Still the Number One Browser in the World

Internet Explorer Still the Number One Browser in the World [​IMG]

Read more: Internet Explorer Still the Number One Browser in the World, Edge Very Far Behind

:)

Cluster Head, Nov 1, 2015

2. i cant check my ovi mail box on my 5130 phone.

With the world going really digital, I'll would advice ovi engineers to make ovi mail work on mobile browsers eg, opera mini(which is about the number one mobile browser in the world). Wouldn't that be cool...?

chineduace, Nov 1, 2015
  3. Unable to set IE as the default browser

Many job applications have an assessment section, and after trying to "submit" the completed assessment, I get a message saying that "you are using an unsupported browser" and goes on to list a bunch of browsers, one of which is Internet Explorer 11. My
    computer tells me that I already have the latest version off Internet Explorer 11. So, in order to apply for jobs I tried to set Internet Explorer 11 as my default browser.

Read how to do this in a post on this forum, by a person named Billion Debbarma, posted on December 22, 2015. Followed all the directions, yet I don't see the little "world" icon for Internet Explorer, and keep getting kicked back to Edge.

The instructions given by Billion Debbarma are as follows:

1. Type DEFAULT on the Windows search bar and select DEFAULT PROGRAMS.

2. Now click SET YOUR DEFAULT PROGRAM, select your favorite browser and click on SET THIS PROGRAM AS DEFAULT.

3. Now click OK.

It all went accordingly, but all I get is Edge, no "world" icon, this is maddening. What's the cure? Or are there certain job applications which I'm just not going to be able to complete?

[Original title: Internet Explorer 11]

NickolasPaglia, Nov 1, 2015
  4. Internet Explorer Still the Number One Browser in the World

Yes at moment until Edge gets used more and other apps built and added to it then hopefully will start coming into its own

hTconeM9user, Nov 1, 2015
  5. z3r010 Win User
    z3r010, Nov 1, 2015
  6. Cluster Head, Nov 1, 2015
  7. JohnBurns Win User
    Until MS gets Edge "honed" in, Firefox gets my bid. Not Chrome, not IE.

JohnBurns, Nov 1, 2015
  8. z3r010 Win User

Internet Explorer Still the Number One Browser in the World

I think I've tracked down the original source of those stats.

Internet Explorer Still the Number One Browser in the World [​IMG]

z3r010, Nov 1, 2015
  9. Internet Explorer Still the Number One Browser in the World [​IMG]

Cluster Head, Nov 1, 2015
  10. lx07 Win User
    Wow, comical ali, had forgotten all about him

11. You had me in stitches with both your photos very good I always know where to come to for a bit of light relief *What*Doh

hTconeM9user, Nov 1, 2015
  12. davidhk Win User
    To each his own.
    I have been using IE since Vista days. I am used to it, comfortable with it, and I'll stay with it.
    Hate Edge, but eventually it will be the only browser in Windows. Nothing I can do about it.
    But for now I am with IE11.

davidhk, Nov 1, 2015
  13. Internet Explorer Still the Number One Browser in the World

IE is still number one for me *Thumbs

I will switch over to Edge at some point in the future, but not quite yet

paulsalter, Nov 1, 2015
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    I've never been a fan of IE(any version). I much prefer FF and/or Chrome.

BunnyJ, Nov 1, 2015
  15. Cliff S New Member
    I guess you and I are the sites 8.83%*Roflmao2

Cliff S, Nov 1, 2015
Thema:

Internet Explorer Still the Number One Browser in the World

1. Internet Explorer Still the Number One Browser in the World - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer Still

2. Connected to internet , still couldnt get anything on browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected to internet , still couldnt get anything on browser: Hi, Recently I have updated windows 11 on my Lenovo laptop L340 IdeaPad. Connected internet via mobile hotspot.i can see internet access showed as caption above wifi icon..tried updating drivers,all kind of reset via cmd, network reset done, added dns manually. Still iam not...
  3. Connected to internet , still couldnt get anything on browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected to internet , still couldnt get anything on browser: Hi, Recently I have updated windows 11 on my Lenovo laptop L340 IdeaPad. Connected internet via mobile hotspot.i can see internet access showed as caption above wifi icon..tried updating drivers,all kind of reset via cmd, network reset done, added dns manually. Still iam not...
  4. internet explorer vs edge browser netflix

in Browsers and Email
    internet explorer vs edge browser netflix: i just played a movie which had bitrate of 5083 on internet explorer while same has 2083 bitrate only on edge browser is there any setting fault on edge? 166217
  5. Opera browser/ internet explorer search bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Opera browser/ internet explorer search bar: I accidentally installed opera (along with 2 other programs, now uninstalled) and I can’t delete it. Every time I click uninstall it asks if I will allow opera to make changes to the device, but no matter what I click it doesn’t uninstall. It does this every time I try to...
  6. Replace Edge web browser to internet explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Replace Edge web browser to internet explorer: how do i uninstall Edge web browser and install internet explorer again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replace-edge-web-browser-to-internet-explorer/2e529a22-2ed9-4c11-87f4-e74bd54a486c
  7. Internet Explorer browser on Xfinity X1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer browser on Xfinity X1: Suggest steps to install Internet Explorer browser on Xfinity X1. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-browser-on-xfinity-x1/6e803994-1ac3-4641-b9fc-13b45dba9330
  8. Internet Explorer as default browser

Internet Explorer as default browser: Hey, help me to set Internet Explorer as default browser. I want to switch from Microsoft Edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-as-default-browser/0eab58b2-1e88-4b7f-a9f0-bbbc436fd1d9
  9. File Explorer trouble with Internet Browser

File Explorer trouble with Internet Browser: Whenever I attempt to access the file explorer from an internet browser (any) it freezes. An example includes attaching an email. I can still drag files from the file explorer for upload into an email. It seems there is a communication issue between the internet browser and...
  10. Internet Explorer 11 now most used web browser in World

in Windows 10 News
    Internet Explorer 11 now most used web browser in World: Microsoft’s most current web browser Internet Explorer 11 is now the most popular web-surfing tool out there. According to the latest stats from analyst firm Net Applications, the Internet Explorer 11 has climbed up the order to take the baton from the widespread Internet...