Windows 10: Internet Explorer Still the Number One Browser in the World

Discus and support Internet Explorer Still the Number One Browser in the World in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Attachment 45982 lol! Good one, CH! Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Nov 1, 2015.

1. JohnBurns Win User

Internet Explorer Still the Number One Browser in the World

lol! Good one, CH!

JohnBurns, Nov 1, 2015
  2. Leopard Win User

You can not uninstall IE. It is integrated into the OS. Edge is integrated into W10 - so herefore 120 million users love EDGE ??? Of course not. The stats mean nothing. I have 3 browsers installed and I use all 3. There are some websites that were written to IE, so I am forced to use IE, if I want it work properly. If I was asked 'do you use IE' , I respond YES. Now if they asked me 'what is your default browser', I respond Chrome. When the stats were gathered, what was the question?

Leopard, Nov 1, 2015
  3. Read Brinks Tutorial about disabling IE11
    I have uninstalled it and don't have it at all on my laptop
    I use Edge all the time

hTconeM9user, Nov 1, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

Someone once said " statistic is for the losers".
    Might be a bit harsh. But it definitely can be maneuvered to satisfy an ulterior motive. Such as a marketing ploy.
    Bottom line. Who cares which is most popular, most used, most technically advanced?
    Who cares what others use, for that matter ?
    Only thing that matters is which one you like to use.

When Windows 7 was the most current Windows operating system, Europeans purchasing Windows 7 computers would NOT have browser included due to the lawsuit. As the result users would have to install IE and therefore they could also uninstall IE.
    For the rest of the world, IE is part of the operating system and it can only be DISABLED. Not uninstalled. It can NEVER be uninstalled.
    Brink's tutorial does not show how to uninstall IE 11, it shows how to disable.

davidhk, Nov 1, 2015
  5. Yes but when it disables it removes it from windows untick it and see what happens it uninstalls it and you have to restart your computer.
    To put it back in you have to do the reverse
    So if it comes out then it is uninstalled

6. davidhk Win User
    NO. That is NOT uninstall. That is disabled.
    If you can bring it back by "doing the reverse", that is disabled.

If you uninstall CCleaner, can you just put a tick on some thing or " do the reverse" and it comes back instantly ?
    Of course not. You have to go to the website and reinstall CCleaner.
    THAT is uninstall.
    Get the terminology right.

Why don't you ask Brink. Let him tell you what is uninstall and what is disable.

davidhk, Nov 1, 2015
  7. spapakons Win User
    Even though in Europe there was a Windows version without IE, most here in Greece were buying the standard version with IE included, regardless if they would later install Firefox or Chrome. It is not only a browser! It is part of Windows and without it you would be missing features. Not really desirable. Nobody forces anyone using IE. Let it be available when some site doesn't work properly in other browsers. Why disable it? Just don't use it.

spapakons, Nov 1, 2015
  8. z3r010 Win User

Only 16% of people think that's true.

z3r010, Nov 1, 2015
  9. All I know is it is nowhere on my system
    In More Action the Open With Internet Explorer has gone.
    All I know is it was there before it was removed from windows when I unticked it from turn windows features on or off.
    So there is no way for me to get it back
    Not that I want it back
    I am happy with Edge

10. davidhk Win User
    Put the "tick" back on and what happens ?
    IE11 comes back on. That's what happens.

davidhk, Nov 1, 2015
  11. Swagger Win User
    Yes, that is because Internet Explorer is set as the default Browsing system in every Windows system in the World.
    Your internet settings are manged through IE
    So what do you expect?
    But that does not mean that is the most "used" browser...far from that
    Cheers

Swagger, Nov 1, 2015
  12. larc919 Win User
    Like with some other things I can think of, popularity is no indicator of quality level.

larc919, Nov 1, 2015
  13. Internet Explorer Still the Number One Browser in the World

If when you go into windows features on and off
    IE11 is missing from there answer me this how do you get it back
    There is no IE in File Explorer so how do you put the tick in

Internet Explorer Still the Number One Browser in the World [​IMG]

14. lx07 Win User
    It is in Windows Features not File Explorer

Internet Explorer Still the Number One Browser in the World [​IMG]

15. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Nov 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Internet Explorer Still the Number One Browser in the World - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer Still

2. Connected to internet , still couldnt get anything on browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected to internet , still couldnt get anything on browser: Hi, Recently I have updated windows 11 on my Lenovo laptop L340 IdeaPad. Connected internet via mobile hotspot.i can see internet access showed as caption above wifi icon..tried updating drivers,all kind of reset via cmd, network reset done, added dns manually. Still iam not...
  3. Connected to internet , still couldnt get anything on browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected to internet , still couldnt get anything on browser: Hi, Recently I have updated windows 11 on my Lenovo laptop L340 IdeaPad. Connected internet via mobile hotspot.i can see internet access showed as caption above wifi icon..tried updating drivers,all kind of reset via cmd, network reset done, added dns manually. Still iam not...
  4. internet explorer vs edge browser netflix

in Browsers and Email
    internet explorer vs edge browser netflix: i just played a movie which had bitrate of 5083 on internet explorer while same has 2083 bitrate only on edge browser is there any setting fault on edge? 166217
  5. Opera browser/ internet explorer search bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Opera browser/ internet explorer search bar: I accidentally installed opera (along with 2 other programs, now uninstalled) and I can’t delete it. Every time I click uninstall it asks if I will allow opera to make changes to the device, but no matter what I click it doesn’t uninstall. It does this every time I try to...
  6. Replace Edge web browser to internet explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Replace Edge web browser to internet explorer: how do i uninstall Edge web browser and install internet explorer again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replace-edge-web-browser-to-internet-explorer/2e529a22-2ed9-4c11-87f4-e74bd54a486c
  7. Internet Explorer browser on Xfinity X1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer browser on Xfinity X1: Suggest steps to install Internet Explorer browser on Xfinity X1. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-browser-on-xfinity-x1/6e803994-1ac3-4641-b9fc-13b45dba9330
  8. Internet Explorer as default browser

Internet Explorer as default browser: Hey, help me to set Internet Explorer as default browser. I want to switch from Microsoft Edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-as-default-browser/0eab58b2-1e88-4b7f-a9f0-bbbc436fd1d9
  9. File Explorer trouble with Internet Browser

File Explorer trouble with Internet Browser: Whenever I attempt to access the file explorer from an internet browser (any) it freezes. An example includes attaching an email. I can still drag files from the file explorer for upload into an email. It seems there is a communication issue between the internet browser and...
  10. Internet Explorer 11 now most used web browser in World

in Windows 10 News
    Internet Explorer 11 now most used web browser in World: Microsoft’s most current web browser Internet Explorer 11 is now the most popular web-surfing tool out there. According to the latest stats from analyst firm Net Applications, the Internet Explorer 11 has climbed up the order to take the baton from the widespread Internet...