Windows 10: Internet Explorer Super Slow in Windows 10? You're Not...

Discus and support Internet Explorer Super Slow in Windows 10? You're Not... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 Technical Preview comes with the same Internet Explorer 11 version that's available right now in Windows 8.1, but it does sport a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Nov 4, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Internet Explorer Super Slow in Windows 10? You're Not...

More

labeeman, Nov 4, 2014
  2. topgundcp Win User

Even though my main browser is Firefox. However, I never have any problem running IE or Chrome (I have Chrome installed so I can cast Videos to the big screen TV with Chromecast). All of them are running & opening almost instantly. You might want to look at the plugins/add-ons/spyware/malware that were installed without your knowledge. In addition, Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer sometimes work hand in hand so if you have installed some applications that have incompatible shell extensions/plugins installed might also cause the problem.

If the problem is consistent with the majority of people having it then I would blame the OS/IE but if the problem occurs with a few thousand out of hundred thousands then I would look at something that is not right with my installation.

:)

topgundcp, Nov 4, 2014
  3. Windows 10 browser crash

Opera is crashing like madware on Windows 10. Other browsers are super slow, the only browser that works nicely is the old Internet Explorer. How do I fix this? Is it a Windows issue or an Opera issue?

X01X012013, Nov 4, 2014
  4. Internet Explorer Super Slow in Windows 10? You're Not...

Internet Explorer in Windows 10 has been very slow loading in the past couple of weeks. Any comments?

Very good. You're welcome & thanks for your feedback.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Nov 4, 2014
  5. Yep the installation is probably why,
    Either that or they just don't realize how add-ons effect browsers in a 10TP
    I personally never allow caches or add-ons like flash or any Microsoft add-ons to be enabled
    Or the built in accelerators they have an opposite effect *Smile

Most resent sites to make sites load faster is the biggest log in the pond to ie of any version
    Alt+TD Uncheck the top box and delete that sucker on Exit *Wink
    Meaning Uncheck All boxes in delete browser history and check the box to delete browser history on exit,
    Cheers.

ThrashZone, Nov 4, 2014
  6. Petey7 Win User
    I'm using IE and most of the time it is just as fast as it was on Windows 7, possibly faster. I have however, seen what seems to be a serious memory leak when looking at pages that use a lot of ad content. Wikia sites and YouTube are particularly prolific examples. When these sites are left open for half an hour or more, I find IE is suddenly using several gigabytes worth of ram. IE becomes extremely slow to open or close tabs or to even scroll up or down, switch tabs, etc. Sometimes I am able to close the tab and it fix the issue. Other times I've been forced to kill IE through task manager.

Petey7, Nov 4, 2014
  7. EMINENT Win User
    Getting the same here. Hopefully they fix this soon.

EMINENT, Nov 5, 2014
  8. Internet Explorer Super Slow in Windows 10? You're Not...

Yet some people refuse to understand why someone would want to block ads and other scripts.

lehnerus2000, Nov 5, 2014
  9. Tony K Win User
    IE opening 4 tabs (home pages) on my system on the average of 5 seconds performing 4 testing sessions of opening.

1) 8F/10F Allcut.
    2) 8F subscriptions
    3) 10f subscriptions
    4) Bing home

Granted, these are not ad laden, but that's pretty quick to me. Yes?

We'll see how it goes in a week or so.

Tony K, Nov 5, 2014
  10. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Hey out there. . .it is a TP. . . enough said.

11. Trust_No1 Win User
    All of my browsers in the last couple of months have been very sluggish, on Windows 7, 8 and TP. I don't think it is necessarily software related, but more of an internet overall problem.

Trust_No1, Nov 5, 2014
  12. Thanks for the news flash *sarc

ThrashZone, Nov 5, 2014
  13. Mystere Win User

I'm sure it's just the NSA monitoring your browsing habits....

Mystere, Nov 5, 2014
  14. Trust_No1 Win User
    I'm sure it's just the NSA monitoring your browsing habits.... Oh God my habits, now they are going to learn about my browser addiction...

I've tried to get cured and gone to rehabs for years, none have helped.

Trust_No1, Nov 5, 2014
  15. I'm sure it's just the NSA monitoring your browsing habits.... Oh God my habits, now they are going to learn about my browser addiction...

I've tried to get cured and gone to rehabs for years, none have helped. If you ask nicely they'll help you set up your OS and Internet browser.

lehnerus2000, Nov 6, 2014
Thema:

1. Internet Explorer Super Slow in Windows 10? You're Not... - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer Super

2. What's with the super slow File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's with the super slow File Explorer?: As far as I can tell, this started with Win11 22621.963. Every time I open File Explorer, it has to slowly scan the SSD, or something, before it shows what used to pop up in no time.What the bloody hell, over? Is this another one of Microsoft's wonderful new surprises?When...
  3. What's with the super slow File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's with the super slow File Explorer?: As far as I can tell, this started with Win11 22621.963. Every time I open File Explorer, it has to slowly scan the SSD, or something, before it shows what used to pop up in no time.What the bloody hell, over? Is this another one of Microsoft's wonderful new surprises?When...
  4. windows 11 super super slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 super super slow: I just bought a brand new PC.. I9 5.2 16 core / 32 gb ddr5 6000mhz / rtx3080 and its is slower than a rock on flat land. i don't understand this. this thing should be a beast. A beast that eats beasts. Why is this thing slower than my I7 with ddr4 2333 mhz?? i cant even...
  5. windows 11 super super slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 super super slow: I just bought a brand new PC.. I9 5.2 16 core / 32 gb ddr5 6000mhz / rtx3080 and its is slower than a rock on flat land. i don't understand this. this thing should be a beast. A beast that eats beasts. Why is this thing slower than my I7 with ddr4 2333 mhz?? i cant even...
  6. Windows 10 SUPER SLOW

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 SUPER SLOW: Hey guys. This all started yesterday. Before you ask, no I didn't download anything. My computer's been SUPER slow recently. Some stuff straight up isn't launching, boot up takes like half an hour and it's just the most sluggish thing ever. I've tried everything to speed it...
  7. windows 10 super slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 super slow: specs: rtx 2060 gaming z intel i7 8700k 16GB of ram 1200wat power supply i have duel booted windows and ubuntu, ubuntu is fast and works fine but when i go onto windows 10 it is super slow and 1 or 2 hours in all the windows and explorer crashes and i have to restart my...
  8. Slow Internet Explorer is slow

in Browsers and Email
    Slow Internet Explorer is slow: My faster computer take 10 times longer in internet explorer 11 to bring up a site than my slower computer. I deleted the cookies but didn't help. What could be causing this? Internet edge is OK 148368
  9. Windows 10 is super slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is super slow: I'm up to date on my Windows version and I've only allowed Steam to start up automatically so I can't really figure out what's happening. Games seem to be running fine. It's just everything else that feels really sluggish. It's worth mentioning that I had to install version...
  10. Super slow windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Super slow windows 10: Both our computers, operating system windows 10, are running like molasses. One is HP and one is Dell. I have reset my computer to factory settings and started over with W10, IE, Bing and all the things I don't like about windows, but to no avail. I've heard of things like...