Internet Explorer Super Slow in Windows 10? You're Not...

Discus and support Internet Explorer Super Slow in Windows 10? You're Not... in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Windows 10 Technical Preview comes with the same Internet Explorer 11 version that's available right now in Windows 8.1, but it does sport a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Nov 5, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

More

labeeman, Nov 5, 2014
  2. topgundcp Win User

Even though my main browser is Firefox. However, I never have any problem running IE or Chrome (I have Chrome installed so I can cast Videos to the big screen TV with Chromecast). All of them are running & opening almost instantly. You might want to look at the plugins/add-ons/spyware/malware that were installed without your knowledge. In addition, Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer sometimes work hand in hand so if you have installed some applications that have incompatible shell extensions/plugins installed might also cause the problem.

If the problem is consistent with the majority of people having it then I would blame the OS/IE but if the problem occurs with a few thousand out of hundred thousands then I would look at something that is not right with my installation.

:)

topgundcp, Nov 5, 2014
  3. X01X012013 Win User
    Windows 10 browser crash

Opera is crashing like madware on Windows 10. Other browsers are super slow, the only browser that works nicely is the old Internet Explorer. How do I fix this? Is it a Windows issue or an Opera issue?

X01X012013, Nov 5, 2014
  4. PA Bear - MS MVP Win User

Internet Explorer in Windows 10 has been very slow loading in the past couple of weeks. Any comments?

Very good. You're welcome & thanks for your feedback.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Nov 5, 2014
  5. ThrashZone Win User
    Yep the installation is probably why,
    Either that or they just don't realize how add-ons effect browsers in a 10TP
    I personally never allow caches or add-ons like flash or any Microsoft add-ons to be enabled
    Or the built in accelerators they have an opposite effect *Smile

Most resent sites to make sites load faster is the biggest log in the pond to ie of any version
    Alt+TD Uncheck the top box and delete that sucker on Exit *Wink
    Meaning Uncheck All boxes in delete browser history and check the box to delete browser history on exit,
    Cheers.

ThrashZone, Nov 5, 2014
  6. Petey7 Win User
    I'm using IE and most of the time it is just as fast as it was on Windows 7, possibly faster. I have however, seen what seems to be a serious memory leak when looking at pages that use a lot of ad content. Wikia sites and YouTube are particularly prolific examples. When these sites are left open for half an hour or more, I find IE is suddenly using several gigabytes worth of ram. IE becomes extremely slow to open or close tabs or to even scroll up or down, switch tabs, etc. Sometimes I am able to close the tab and it fix the issue. Other times I've been forced to kill IE through task manager.

Petey7, Nov 5, 2014
  7. EMINENT Win User
    Getting the same here. Hopefully they fix this soon.

EMINENT, Nov 5, 2014
  8. lehnerus2000 Win User

Yet some people refuse to understand why someone would want to block ads and other scripts.

lehnerus2000, Nov 5, 2014
  9. Tony K Win User
    IE opening 4 tabs (home pages) on my system on the average of 5 seconds performing 4 testing sessions of opening.

1) 8F/10F Allcut.
    2) 8F subscriptions
    3) 10f subscriptions
    4) Bing home

Granted, these are not ad laden, but that's pretty quick to me. Yes?

We'll see how it goes in a week or so.

Tony K, Nov 5, 2014
  10. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Hey out there. . .it is a TP. . . enough said.

11. Trust_No1 Win User
    All of my browsers in the last couple of months have been very sluggish, on Windows 7, 8 and TP. I don't think it is necessarily software related, but more of an internet overall problem.

Trust_No1, Nov 5, 2014
  12. ThrashZone Win User
    Thanks for the news flash *sarc

ThrashZone, Nov 5, 2014
  13. Mystere Win User

I'm sure it's just the NSA monitoring your browsing habits....

Mystere, Nov 5, 2014
  14. Trust_No1 Win User
    I'm sure it's just the NSA monitoring your browsing habits.... Oh God my habits, now they are going to learn about my browser addiction...

I've tried to get cured and gone to rehabs for years, none have helped.

Trust_No1, Nov 6, 2014
  15. lehnerus2000 Win User
    I'm sure it's just the NSA monitoring your browsing habits.... Oh God my habits, now they are going to learn about my browser addiction...

I've tried to get cured and gone to rehabs for years, none have helped. If you ask nicely they'll help you set up your OS and Internet browser.

lehnerus2000, Nov 6, 2014
Thema:

Internet Explorer Super Slow in Windows 10? You're Not... - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer Super

1. Internet Explorer 11 after 1803 update

in Windows 10 News
    Internet Explorer 11 after 1803 update: 1803 update went as expected and everything appeared OK until I attempted to open Internet Explorer via mouse click on the Taskbar icon (which failed) and via the Windows START Menu, which also failed. IE does open after a Right click on the Taskbar icon followed by a Right...
  2. KB4103768 Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer - May 8

in Windows 10 News
    KB4103768 Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer - May 8: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: May 08, 2018 Applies to: Internet Explorer 11, Internet Explorer 10, Windows Internet Explorer 9 Summary This security update resolves several reported vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer. The most severe of these...
  3. Internet Explorer: Safe to Delete?

in Windows 10 News
    Internet Explorer: Safe to Delete?: I performed a system cleanup today. Thanks. Good! Hope that gave you back a decent size chunk of space, and got rid of some old, unnecessary files.
  4. Stuttering streaming video playback in Edge and Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    Stuttering streaming video playback in Edge and Internet Explorer: Hi folks. @ppappas Using a browser for streaming Video can cause stuttering for basically all or any of these reasons 1) Internet connection slow can be either on your ISP provider or the source streaming site server is busy or both. 2) Poor or slow I/O - Slow...
  5. No Internet Explorer after reset

in Windows 10 News
    No Internet Explorer after reset: Ouch. TenForums, thanks to Kyhi, has a recovery disk that you boot from to copy your data. Not sure of circumstances but so you you are aware should this happen again. You could try DISM, tutorial attached. Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image Two options, one...
  6. How do I indicate Internet Explorer to download a .nlp file

in Windows 10 News
    How do I indicate Internet Explorer to download a .nlp file: I have a download problem in W10 1709. How do I indicate Internet Explorer to download a .nlp file like here: http://download.nirsoft.net/joeware.nlp When I click on this url in IE11 the file is opened in IE browsing mode. I want the same reaction from IE as for a .zip...
  7. mega files have internet explorer icon

in Windows 10 News
    mega files have internet explorer icon: cant download zip folders it keeps becoming internet explorer icon 108204
Internet Explorer Super Slow in Windows 10? You're Not... solved