Windows 10: Internet explorer trying to open something on startup

Discus and support Internet explorer trying to open something on startup in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I do not have internet explorer set to start, but whenever my laptop turns on after being shut down it opens up between 3 and 7 windows and tries to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by EthanBurns, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Internet explorer trying to open something on startup

I do not have internet explorer set to start, but whenever my laptop turns on after being shut down it opens up between 3 and 7 windows and tries to reach a specific address before saying "this site could not be reached". Also, on a side note, there is a message box that also pops on startup saying something about a missing dll and any help would be much appreciated. See screenshot below.

Internet explorer trying to open something on startup [​IMG]

:)

EthanBurns, Jun 13, 2017
  2. Thor15 Win User

Trying to open Internet Explorer 11

I am trying to find out why my Internet Explorer does not open all the way. When I click on Internet Explorer it just opens half a page, and I have to grab the bottom of it and pull it down the rest of the way. What's going on with it? I do have Windows
    10 and Internet Explorer 11

Thor15, Jun 13, 2017
  3. Thor15 Win User
    Trying to open Internet Explorer 11

Maybe I described it wrong . After I open Internet Explorer, say I type something in Bing to search for like Microsoft Community then click on web search only have the window opens up. I did the thing with the control button plus close out (X) and it didn't
    work. Are their any other suggestion? It also does this if you click on a link after Explorer is open.

Thor15, Jun 13, 2017
  4. Internet explorer trying to open something on startup

Hi EthanBurns. Welcome to the TenForums @EthanBurns.

First are you running any Apple software, iCloud for Windows or iTunes? Saw quite a few threads that pointed towards Apple.

If you do then you could look at uninstalling and re-installing. Before doing so I would create an Image with a tool like Macrium Reflect. (You want to be able to restore.)

Also understand where data is located for these programs if you changed defaults. I uninstalled iTunes the other day and re-install. Was quite straight forward. Not sure on iCloud as you may have it to sync calendars etc with Outlook. Understand setup.

Next I would recommend you run an AV scan with something like HitmanPro.

HitmanPro.Alert Ransomware Prevention, Secondary Scanner and Zero-Day Exploit Protection | hitmanpro.com

Not saying there is something but lets rule out the easy. Looks like you are running Avast.

Then I would likely then follow this tutorial to isolate.

Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 13, 2017
    EthanBurns, Jun 13, 2017
  6. Caledon Ken, Jun 14, 2017
  7. GDV
    gdv Win User
    If previous suggestions don't help, a quick Google search for "aaResources.dll" (seen in the URL in your screenshot) yields numerous hits for same problem. The - first - three I checked all this attributed problem to Amazon Assistant for Internet Explorer 11, each with relevant fix suggestions.

Thema:

Internet explorer trying to open something on startup

1. Internet explorer trying to open something on startup - Similar Threads - Internet explorer trying

2. Internet Explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer not opening: I want to use internet explorer because some of my legacy websites works only in internet explorer. But whenever i open internet explorer it goes directly to Microsoft edge. How to stop edge being opened....
  3. Internet Explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Explorer not opening: I want to use internet explorer because some of my legacy websites works only in internet explorer. But whenever i open internet explorer it goes directly to Microsoft edge. How to stop edge being opened....
  4. Internet Explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My computer opens 2 sketchy internet Explorer tabs on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer opens 2 sketchy internet Explorer tabs on startup: So I just booted up my computer and two tabs on internet Explorer comes up immediatelyOne of them leads to C:/program files/OSdeployer_server/serverstatusnotifier/Web client.html This is a program file to a program I installed to try cloning my hard disk to a image...
  6. My computer opens 2 sketchy internet Explorer tabs on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer opens 2 sketchy internet Explorer tabs on startup: So I just booted up my computer and two tabs on internet Explorer comes up immediatelyOne of them leads to C:/program files/OSdeployer_server/serverstatusnotifier/Web client.html This is a program file to a program I installed to try cloning my hard disk to a image...
  7. When I download something, it automatically opens it in Internet Explorer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When I download something, it automatically opens it in Internet Explorer.: When I download something, it automatically opens it in Internet Explorer. This is really annoying because when that happens I can't download the actual app from the internet. I'm using Google Chrome Don't ask me to switch to Edge It's a .jar file...
  8. Internet explorer will not open

in Browsers and Email
    Internet explorer will not open: I have suddenly found that IE will not open. When you click on it to open you get the working circle for a few seconds and then nothing. I have tried using a different user account on the same PC, I have run SFC /scannow which reports no errors, I have also checked in...
  9. Open with Internet Explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Open with Internet Explorer: I have 1 desktop and 2 All In Ones which I am trying to configure to W10. I just changed the desktop to IE using the switch under the three dots where it says open with IE. I tried to do the same with this AIO and that switch doesn't work. I attempted to reset the default...
  10. something is blocking my internet connection at startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    something is blocking my internet connection at startup: Windows 10 (upgraded from windows 8.1) running on Lenovo Z50. Several times a week, something blocks my mobile internet connection at start up. This usually lasts 5 or 6 minutes. The internet icon on the task bar has a yellow triangle with exclamation mark; and when I...