Windows 10: Internet Explorer unwillingly opens up automatically at each Windows session

Discus and support Internet Explorer unwillingly opens up automatically at each Windows session in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, A few days ago I had to use Internet Explorer 11. After using it, I closed it properly, and I then closed Windows 10 properly. Since then,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DanielN_75, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Internet Explorer unwillingly opens up automatically at each Windows session

Hello,

A few days ago I had to use Internet Explorer 11. After using it, I closed it properly, and I then closed Windows 10 properly.

Since then, an Internet Explorer 11 window opens at each Windows session.

Actually, there are now 2 Internet Explorer windows that open for each Windows session, after I unfortunately accessed Internet Explorer 11 another time...

As I said, the program was closed properly before Windows was closed.

Moreover, Internet Explorer does not appear in the "Start" list of programs of the program manager.

Did this happen to someone else ? Can anybody help me ? Please note that I do not wish to de-activate Internet Explorer 11 from my computer, I only want to make sure that it does not open by itself at each Windows session.

Thank you very much for all you can do for me.

Windows 10 version : 1903.18362.476

IE11 version : 476.18362.0, update 11.0.160 (KB4525106)

:)

DanielN_75, Nov 21, 2019
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Internet Explorer unwillingly opens up automatically at each Windows session wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Microsoft will Automatically Update Internet Explorer, if You Let it

In an effort to ensure that Windows users have the latest version of Internet Explorer installed and ready for use, Microsoft has decided to add its browser to the automatic update list. This means that Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 installations which have automatic updating enabled in Windows Update, will also be seamlessly upgrading Internet Explorer, from time to time.

For starters the automatic update switch for IE will be turned on for customers in Australia and Brazil. This will happen in January (2012) and will expand in other areas throughout the year.

Internet Explorer unwillingly opens up automatically at each Windows session ie031311_2_web_thm.jpg

"We want to make updating to the best protection possible as fast and simple as we can for Windows customers," explains Ryan Gavin, General Manager, Internet Explorer Business and Marketing. "IE is how millions of Windows customers connect to the Web, so keeping that part of Windows updated at all times is critical to keeping them safe online. With automatic updates enabled through Windows Update, customers can receive IE9 and future versions of Internet Explorer seamlessly without any “update fatigue” issues."

Individuals or companies who don't want their Internet Explorer to get updated on-the-fly can opt out by using the Blocker toolkits available here (for IE8) and here (for IE9).

Cristian_25H, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Internet Explorer unwillingly opens up automatically at each Windows session

How do I open up a new session in IE10?

Hi David,

Here are the steps on how to open a new session in Internet Explorer:

• Search Internet Explorer.
    • Click Alt.
    • Go to File.
    • Then click New session.

Note: This option is only available in Internet Explorer 11.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Internet Explorer unwillingly opens up automatically at each Windows session

1. Internet Explorer unwillingly opens up automatically at each Windows session - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer unwillingly

2. Internet Explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer not opening: I want to use internet explorer because some of my legacy websites works only in internet explorer. But whenever i open internet explorer it goes directly to Microsoft edge. How to stop edge being opened....
  3. Internet Explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Explorer not opening: I want to use internet explorer because some of my legacy websites works only in internet explorer. But whenever i open internet explorer it goes directly to Microsoft edge. How to stop edge being opened....
  4. Internet Explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. When I download something, it automatically opens it in Internet Explorer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When I download something, it automatically opens it in Internet Explorer.: When I download something, it automatically opens it in Internet Explorer. This is really annoying because when that happens I can't download the actual app from the internet. I'm using Google Chrome Don't ask me to switch to Edge It's a .jar file...
  6. File Explorer opens up in a new folder each time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer opens up in a new folder each time: Windows Explorer keeps opening up in a new window each time I click on it. I have tried a number of suggested solutions but nothing is working to get it it to only open in the same window. Does anyone know how to fix this please. And yes, I do have it checked to "Open each...
  7. Internet explorer will not open

in Browsers and Email
    Internet explorer will not open: I have suddenly found that IE will not open. When you click on it to open you get the working circle for a few seconds and then nothing. I have tried using a different user account on the same PC, I have run SFC /scannow which reports no errors, I have also checked in...
  8. Open with Internet Explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Open with Internet Explorer: I have 1 desktop and 2 All In Ones which I am trying to configure to W10. I just changed the desktop to IE using the switch under the three dots where it says open with IE. I tried to do the same with this AIO and that switch doesn't work. I attempted to reset the default...
  9. Ads keep popping up each time I open Internet Explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Ads keep popping up each time I open Internet Explorer: Each and every time I open Internet Explorer, an add pops up. I believe this was caused for downloading something accidentally and it was evidently a browser hijacker. Below is the screenshot. Please let me know what I need to do to fix it. [img] 69329
  10. unwilling keyboard popping up

in Windows 10 Support
    unwilling keyboard popping up: Why there is another keyboard popping up that changes my input method? Here are my settings: [img] [img] Nonetheless there is another keyboard that appears (Spanish Keyboard -the one at the bottom per my image) and unwillingly changes my keys [img] How can...