Windows 10: Internet Explorer will come up for a few seconds and then disappear.

Discus and support Internet Explorer will come up for a few seconds and then disappear. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Internet Explorer will come up for a few seconds and then disappear. It will not stay up long enough to change settings. I tried to restore to an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wencomea7, Jul 15, 2018.

1. wencomea7 Win User

Internet Explorer will come up for a few seconds and then disappear.

Internet Explorer will come up for a few seconds and then disappear. It will not stay up long enough to change settings. I tried to restore to an earlier time and it said I probably had a firewall. I disabled it and tried again and it said the same thing. I have Windows 10 and I wonder how I can repair or re-install Internet Explorer.

:)

wencomea7, Jul 15, 2018
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Internet explorer comes on for 3 seconds then disappears

Hi Dar,

There are a lot of possibilities why this issue occurred. To isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• When did the issue start?

• Were there any changes made before the issue occur?

• Were there any error messages?

• Is it also happening on other
      applications?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you run the
    Explorer Performance
    Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      at the
      top left corner
      of the
      window screen.

• Clink on
      Internet Explorer Performance
      to run the
      troubleshooter.

If the issue still persists, kindly post a
    screenshot
    of the
    Troubleshooting diagnosis. So that, we can investigate this matter further.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 15, 2018
  3. DarB125 Win User
    Internet explorer comes on for 3 seconds then disappears

When I click on a desktop icon for internet explorer the page opens for only a few seconds then goes off. If I go to my start button and get into IE that way, it seems to be fine. This started happening yesterday. What do I need to do so that I can get
    my desktop icons working properly again?

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

Original subject: Internet exporer comes on for 3 seconds then disappears

DarB125, Jul 15, 2018
  4. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Internet Explorer will come up for a few seconds and then disappear. wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

1. Internet Explorer will come up for a few seconds and then disappear. - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer few

2. losing internet connection for few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    losing internet connection for few seconds: Hi,I'm using win 10 22H2 19045.2965. the network keeps failing to connect to the internet. It appears around 20s to 1 min. Wi-Fi is still connected, but no internet available My other device working well. Here's what I've tried so far:* Rebooting multiple times* Running...
  3. losing internet connection for few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    losing internet connection for few seconds: Hi,I'm using win 10 22H2 19045.2965. the network keeps failing to connect to the internet. It appears around 20s to 1 min. Wi-Fi is still connected, but no internet available My other device working well. Here's what I've tried so far:* Rebooting multiple times* Running...
  4. losing internet connection for few seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet disconnecting every few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet disconnecting every few seconds: Can somone please help my internet has been disconnecting every few seconde for a couple months now and i have moved my pc and stuff its not the connection...
  6. Internet disconnecting every few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet disconnecting every few seconds: Can somone please help my internet has been disconnecting every few seconde for a couple months now and i have moved my pc and stuff its not the connection...
  7. Internet disconnecting every few seconds

8. Windows Explorer not responding for a few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer not responding for a few seconds: Hi, Windows 10 Pro 20H2, all up to date. The PC freezes from time to time, for a few seconds or more. Mouse can move but click won't have effect. Key stroke will be accepted but not displayed until it unfreeze. I started to have Task manager running on the side so I...
  9. Icons in windows explorer disappear within a few seconds

Icons in windows explorer disappear within a few seconds: Hello, have windows 10. My Windows Explorer was showing the icons and folders properly until recently. Windows Explorer suddenly stopped showing the icons and folders and shows empty boxes. I tried unchecking the box that says "always show icons never thumbnails" in the...
  10. Internet Explorer 11 disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internet Explorer 11 disappeared: I am using Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.628] and this morning I didn't find Internet Explorer 11 anymore any where in my pc. I searched iexplore.exe and I searched it in functionality and in app properties. So how could get IE 11 in my windows 10? I already asked...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i click on the desktop icon the page comes up for a secound then dissapears