Windows 10: Internet Explorer windows always opening maximized

Discus and support Internet Explorer windows always opening maximized in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey all, Not sure if anyone has any ideas or seen this before, but this a weird one. My company is replacing monitors (larger size) and after doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/15922, Aug 28, 2020.

1. /u/15922 Win User

Internet Explorer windows always opening maximized

Hey all,

Not sure if anyone has any ideas or seen this before, but this a weird one. My company is replacing monitors (larger size) and after doing so, some users are having an issue where an IE link within another application is always opening maximized. This apparently didn't happen before the monitors were changed (it would open in a smaller window). This may seem like nothing, but these users are constantly opening new windows and having to 'restore' the window each time starts to get annoying, especially when it didn't do that before.

When I search for things related to this, it's always about the opposite, wanting to open everything maximized.

submitted by /u/15922
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/15922, Aug 28, 2020
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Internet Explorer windows always opening maximized wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Internet Explorer does not open web pages in maximized window

Open Start > All Apps > Windows Accessories

Right click Internet Explorer

Select More, click Open file location

Right click Internet Explorer

Click Properties

Click in Run list box

Choose Maximize

Click Apply then OK

Andre Da Costa, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Internet Explorer windows always opening maximized

Unable to open internet explorer

Hi Maria,

The issue occur due to connection problem to your PC. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To isolate the issue, we also suggest to check this thread and look for Morris subba answer:

Internet explorer won't open in Windows 10
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Internet Explorer windows always opening maximized

1. Internet Explorer windows always opening maximized - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer always

2. App always opens minimized despite being set to open maximized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App always opens minimized despite being set to open maximized: I have set all of my apps to open in maximized window but they always open up in minimized window especially ms teams, chrome and Outlook PWA. Can anyone assist me with this problem?...
  3. App always opens minimized despite being set to open maximized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App always opens minimized despite being set to open maximized: I have set all of my apps to open in maximized window but they always open up in minimized window especially ms teams, chrome and Outlook PWA. Can anyone assist me with this problem?...
  4. App always opens minimized despite being set to open maximized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App always opens minimized despite being set to open maximized: Whenever I try to open Skype, it opens minimized. I went into the properties menu and changed the default to maximized, but every time I open the app it still opens minimized. Not sure whether the issue is with Windows or Skype but it is very frustrating, the app is basically...
  5. Chrome window option is set to maximized...but not always opens maximized

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome window option is set to maximized...but not always opens maximized: Good afternoon,After setting Chrome run option as Maximized, I started testing.I always have 1 Chrome window with several tabs opened let's call it perm window so when I want to open a new window I do right click on the perm window tab and select new window...so here it comes...
  6. How do i set Windows explorer to always open maximized?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i set Windows explorer to always open maximized?: The Windows Explorer on my PC very frequently opens as 'Restored', i.e., not maximized. There is no option to always open it maximized in 'Properties' in the context menu.Windows 10 v 21H1...
  7. how to always open apps maximized

how to always open apps maximized: how to always open apps, scripts and programs maximized https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-always-open-apps-maximized/4984d33b-a11c-4bd5-bcb5-0cc3752d6752"
  8. Windows Explorer always open on startup.

Windows Explorer always open on startup.: I recently swapped out my motherboard for a newer one. I didn't reinstall Windows 10 on my HDD as I have many apps installed and didn't want to reinstall and reconfigure everything again. It all went smoothly and system runs well all except for one strange issue. On every...
  9. Force ALL new explorer windows to open maximized?

in Windows 10 Support
    Force ALL new explorer windows to open maximized?: Is there a reg mod to Force ALL new explorer windows to open maximized? I know how to change the properties to open the shortcut maximized...but I'm wanting ALL windows to open maximized. For example when right clicking on a folder in explorer and selecting "Open in new...
  10. Always Open Shortcut as Normal, Minimized, or Maximized in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Always Open Shortcut as Normal, Minimized, or Maximized in Windows 10: How to: Always Open Shortcut as Normal, Minimized, or Maximized in Windows 10 How To Always Open Shortcut as Normal window, Minimized, or Maximized in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can set a shortcut to always run with a normal window, minimized, or...