Windows 10: Internet extremely slow, windows show no connections!?!?!?

Discus and support Internet extremely slow, windows show no connections!?!?!? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The past couple months I've noticed that the internet connection is extremely slow, 2 megabits per second. Then I figured out if I go to the taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bigjoncoop, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Internet extremely slow, windows show no connections!?!?!?

The past couple months I've noticed that the internet connection is extremely slow, 2 megabits per second. Then I figured out if I go to the taskbar and clicked on the connection icon it shows my Wi-Fi is not connected to anything... Then if I clicked on my SSID and hit connect, it takes a second then connects like usual and everything is back to normal. This has been happening about once a day.

I do have a connection when this is happening because websites will load extremely slow and if I do a Speedtest it shows one, two, three megabits per second!!

The only thing I could think of is that I am using ICS "Internet connection sharing" on this PC to give my linux set up a internet connection through my Windows computer via a ethernet cable . That computer has no Wi-Fi adapter and it's strictly getting internet connection through the Windows PC.

The only thing I can think of is that somehow Windows it's still connected somewhat to the router and passing it straight through to the Linux computer and then somehow getting a connection back from it. But I think this was happening before I started using ICS.

Any ideas? I tried to Google this but no matter how I word it nothing comes up. LOL I've never heard of anything like this happening before. Windows shows no internet connection whatsoever when this is happening.

The pc is running windows 10 home 1903, using a USB wifi adapter connecting to 5g wifi, the internal wifi is disabled. And the Linux pc is running Bohdi (unbuntu)

:)

bigjoncoop, Jul 29, 2019

2. WIN10 internet SLOW!!!!!!!

Hello William,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with slow Internet Connection. We will certainly help you.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Have you tried connecting to some other Internet connection and check if the same issue occurs?

We suggest you to connect your system to some other network and check if the same slow Internet connection issue persists. If no then there must be issue with your Internet connection.

Further you can try performing the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Windows store downloads extremely slow

So after receiving the 0x803F7003 error yesterday some (and only some) of my apps have started downloading however it is downloading extremely slow and not finished anything. Internet connection is fine and I have tried the 'wsreset.exe' solution but it
    is practically standing still. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

JohnMcquire, Jul 29, 2019
  4. Magnus09 Win User

Internet extremely slow, windows show no connections!?!?!?

Ethernet Connection (slow internet after upgrading to win10)

Hi,

Thanks for the response. The suggestions you provided are also some of the "fixes" I tried before with no luck. But I did try them again and it still did not resolve my issue.

For the troubleshooting, nothing came up because there IS connection. Just extremely slow. There's no errors or any msg that pops up. The problem is that the internet connection is extremely slow at initial start or after the PC comes out from sleep mode.
    Once I disable/re-enable the ethernet connection, speed is great.

If you have any other suggestion, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Magnus09, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Internet extremely slow, windows show no connections!?!?!?

1. Internet extremely slow, windows show no connections!?!?!? - Similar Threads - Internet extremely slow

2. Extremely Slow Internet Connection via L2TP VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely Slow Internet Connection via L2TP VPN: Hello all,I got a new Lenovo Thinkpad with Windows 11 Pro. Whenever I connect to VPN from Windows my speed is 0.01 mbps.I searched for solutions and I tried:Running wireshark at background didn't do anything for meTrying to remove updates I don't have them installed i think...
  3. Extremely Slow Internet Connection via L2TP VPN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extremely Slow Internet Connection via L2TP VPN: Hello all,I got a new Lenovo Thinkpad with Windows 11 Pro. Whenever I connect to VPN from Windows my speed is 0.01 mbps.I searched for solutions and I tried:Running wireshark at background didn't do anything for meTrying to remove updates I don't have them installed i think...
  4. Internet extremely slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet extremely slow all of a sudden: My internet had been breaking up recently, and i've had to restart my router at least onc a day to get it back up and running--yet it's been running well nonetheless. But now it's as the title says. I've tried using a new adapter, resetting my computer, and resetting my...
  5. Extremely slow internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extremely slow internet: Have an issue I'm only getting 90Mbps on a 1G net service on my PC's regardless of connection type,EVEN in safe mode! While my cell phone can pull 900+Mbps PC #1 -Latest Win10Pro updates -Asus ROG Rampage Extreme Encore Motherboard -i9-9820X -32 GB Ram PC#2 -Latest...
  6. Internet Extremely Slow?

Internet Extremely Slow?: So my internet the last few weeks has been a bit slow. When im downloading updates to certain programs etc... they take forever which rarely if ever happen. It wasn't until earlier I decided to do a speed test on speedtest.net and low and behold... my download mbps is 1.23....
  7. Extremely slow internet speed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extremely slow internet speed: When i open Task Manager it clearly says that Steam is using 50% network at 45mbps. But when i open steam the game is only downloading at 5mbps. Help please submitted by /u/Chuck-E_Cheeks [link] [comments]...
  8. internet connection extremely slow and not allowing some sites to load

internet connection extremely slow and not allowing some sites to load: hi I am helping my mom fix her internet connection and have a couple questions. First she is using a wi-fi connection with spectrum and the bars on the control bar are showing 1 or none but its the only thing on the network running right now. 2 facebook games don't run...
  9. Wireless internet extremely slow speeds

Wireless internet extremely slow speeds: Been trying to diagnose extremely slow wireless internet speeds. Windows 10 version 1809, build 17763.316. Wireless adapter is a Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Adapter. Using linetest.nz shows an average download speed of approx. 1-1.5mbps, sometimes as high as 5, or as low...
  10. Internet Explorer is extremely slow

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer is extremely slow: I'm using Windows 10 latest updates and internet exp. version 11. (exact vestons see screen shots) About 6-8 weeks, internet explorer has become so slow, and hangs up, so often I literally can not use it. simple tasks such as hitting Google, IE will just hang taking 45-50...