Windows 10: Internet Extremely Slow?

Discus and support Internet Extremely Slow? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So my internet the last few weeks has been a bit slow. When im downloading updates to certain programs etc... they take forever which rarely if ever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by paulyjustin, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Internet Extremely Slow?

So my internet the last few weeks has been a bit slow. When im downloading updates to certain programs etc... they take forever which rarely if ever happen. It wasn't until earlier I decided to do a speed test on speedtest.net and low and behold... my download mbps is 1.23. The upload mpbs is 1.96. I pay for 10mbps and im pretty certain not long ago, they upped everyone with a 10mbps plan to 20mbps plan. For me 10mbps was more then enough so i never paid more to upgrade it.

I only did the speedtest earlier and did it now again... but im pretty positive this must been the speed the last few weeks as well. Now how do i fix this issue? Do i just unplug my modem/router for a minute and plug it back in to see if the download mbps speed would go back to normal? My modem/router is from the internet company and its a 2 in 1. Its a very old modem router though as I had it for years. All the green lights do seem to blink like normal.

Anyone have tips on what I can do here? I mean if there is damage to the modem/router right since well there is internet even though the speed is ridiculously slow? I have my laptop connected to it via ethernet port. But even if i connect my laptop to the internet via wifi or with my phone to wifi... the speed is still 1.23 mbps.

:)

paulyjustin, Jul 13, 2020

2. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jul 13, 2020
  3. SUB
    SuB Win User
    Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

4. Kem Mon Win User

Internet Extremely Slow?

Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Internet Extremely Slow?

1. Internet Extremely Slow? - Similar Threads - Internet Extremely Slow

2. Internet extremely slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet extremely slow all of a sudden: My internet had been breaking up recently, and i've had to restart my router at least onc a day to get it back up and running--yet it's been running well nonetheless. But now it's as the title says. I've tried using a new adapter, resetting my computer, and resetting my...
  3. Internet extremely slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet extremely slow all of a sudden: My internet had been breaking up recently, and i've had to restart my router at least onc a day to get it back up and running--yet it's been running well nonetheless. But now it's as the title says. I've tried using a new adapter, resetting my computer, and resetting my...
  4. Internet extremely slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Extremely slow internet

Extremely slow internet: Have an issue I'm only getting 90Mbps on a 1G net service on my PC's regardless of connection type,EVEN in safe mode! While my cell phone can pull 900+Mbps PC #1 -Latest Win10Pro updates -Asus ROG Rampage Extreme Encore Motherboard -i9-9820X -32 GB Ram PC#2 -Latest...
  6. Internet EXTREMELY slow after windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet EXTREMELY slow after windows update: I just updated to windows 10 version 1909 and then reset my pc (as i was planning on doing) After I set it back up my download for web browsing, download games and anything else has been at under 1 mb. My ping In games is also over a thousand. I’ve tried everything; DNS...
  7. Extremely slow internet speed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extremely slow internet speed: When i open Task Manager it clearly says that Steam is using 50% network at 45mbps. But when i open steam the game is only downloading at 5mbps. Help please submitted by /u/Chuck-E_Cheeks [link] [comments]...
  8. Internet extremely slow, windows show no connections!?!?!?

Internet extremely slow, windows show no connections!?!?!?: The past couple months I've noticed that the internet connection is extremely slow, 2 megabits per second. Then I figured out if I go to the taskbar and clicked on the connection icon it shows my Wi-Fi is not connected to anything... Then if I clicked on my SSID and hit...
  9. Wireless internet extremely slow speeds

Wireless internet extremely slow speeds: Been trying to diagnose extremely slow wireless internet speeds. Windows 10 version 1809, build 17763.316. Wireless adapter is a Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Adapter. Using linetest.nz shows an average download speed of approx. 1-1.5mbps, sometimes as high as 5, or as low...
  10. Internet Explorer is extremely slow

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer is extremely slow: I'm using Windows 10 latest updates and internet exp. version 11. (exact vestons see screen shots) About 6-8 weeks, internet explorer has become so slow, and hangs up, so often I literally can not use it. simple tasks such as hitting Google, IE will just hang taking 45-50...