Windows 10: Internet goes down because DNSClient service becomes unresponive

Discus and support Internet goes down because DNSClient service becomes unresponive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello guys, Recently i was having problem with my internet going down at random times, after longer PC usage (6-8 hours). The issue was very wierd,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mark1876, Dec 8, 2016.

1. mark1876 Win User

Internet goes down because DNSClient service becomes unresponive

Hello guys,

Recently i was having problem with my internet going down at random times, after longer PC usage (6-8 hours).
    The issue was very wierd, because i could ping an ip address like:

ping 8.8.8.8 -> No problem, response received
    ping google.com -> hangs, unable to resolve dns

So of course it seemed like DNS problem. I tried to track the issue and it's caused on software level, because other PC in the network are fine. I tried disabling every possible service that could be an issue and finally i hit the right one:

DNS Client Service

When the problem is happens, i'm unable to restart/stop the service using service manager. I got message about it being unresponsive. I had to manually kill svchost.exe hosting the service, and voila - internet works.

So overall it seems that my IP stack or something is bugged at Windows OS level. I remember there was a command that would reset all Win7 network settings to default, how is it at windows 10?

Can you help me out, so the issue does not come back?

:)

mark1876, Dec 8, 2016

2. DNS server unavailable

Hello Ruairidhdonald, Try this out first: -Open the Control Panel (All Items View). -Click on the Administrative Tools icon -Click on Services. Ensure that DnsClient is started. -To make sure right click and stop/disable service then start service. Turn
    off modem and unplug everything from your modem for 2 minutes. -You can also go to start/then search/run services.msc -find Dnsclient and go about it the same way. After everything is reset go to start search/run then type in cmd then in the command prompt
    type the following: ipconfig /release, click enter ipconfig /flushdns, click enter ipconfig /renew, click enter

Blakester489, Dec 8, 2016
  3. Wifi keeps dropping out (after Windows 10 update)

"The idiot suggesting Ethernet, We did not buy a Laptop/Notebook to become a Desktop. We did not buy a Laptop/Notebook to become tied down. "

Not everybody is working on a laptop buddy. Branding someone an idiot because they found a solution that doesn't work for you is just rude and uncalled for. For me, switching to a powerline internet adapter made a problem
    that had been bogging me down for a year go away. I also get the full 100+ mb/sec speed that my modem is capable of. Wifi never gave me a third of that speed.

Sorry, sounds pretty smart to me. Perfect internet that never goes down. For me, I'm kind of happy that I didn't solve it on that computer because this is a way better solution for ME.

Hopefully Microsoft will be able to solve your problem but please don't judge people that you don't know, just because they found a solution that doesn't work in your particular situation...just saying.

WardCameron, Dec 8, 2016
  4. lifetec Win User

Do you mean

• netsh winsock reset
    • netsh int ip reset

lifetec, Dec 8, 2016
Thema:

1. Internet goes down because DNSClient service becomes unresponive - Similar Threads - Internet goes down

2. Randomly CPU speed goes down and become constant while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Randomly CPU speed goes down and become constant while gaming: I was gaming but suddenly after 3-5 min the game extremely lagged and when i checked task manager then i saw that CPU Usage was 100% and cpu speed was constant on 0.17GHz but without gaming the things go smooth and cpu speed goes like 2.00 - 2.70GHzSpecs :-Intel i3-1115G4...
  3. Randomly CPU speed goes down and become constant while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Randomly CPU speed goes down and become constant while gaming: I was gaming but suddenly after 3-5 min the game extremely lagged and when i checked task manager then i saw that CPU Usage was 100% and cpu speed was constant on 0.17GHz but without gaming the things go smooth and cpu speed goes like 2.00 - 2.70GHzSpecs :-Intel i3-1115G4...
  4. Internet speed goes down on Windows 11 after a while

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet speed goes down on Windows 11 after a while: Internet on my pc slows down after using for a while. It goes down from 50Mbps to 20Mbps.After turning the airplane mode ON and OFF, it becomes normal for sometime but again goes down.This problem is only with the pc and all other devices connected to same wifi network don't...
  5. Internet speed goes down on Windows 11 after a while

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet speed goes down on Windows 11 after a while: Internet on my pc slows down after using for a while. It goes down from 50Mbps to 20Mbps.After turning the airplane mode ON and OFF, it becomes normal for sometime but again goes down.This problem is only with the pc and all other devices connected to same wifi network don't...
  6. internet keeps slowing down because of windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet keeps slowing down because of windows 10: I want rip my hair out because of how badly the internet is running on this os **** I upgraded my internet and its still ****, why the hell is my internet so bad. I have already checked other devices on my home WIFI and they don't have the same problem, I use malware bytes...
  7. Unable to complete the update because the update service is shutting down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to complete the update because the update service is shutting down: Have the programmer that shuts the update service off while updating get another job. This is stupid. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-complete-the-update-because-the-update/51b38c9f-0da4-479c-9116-2335c4ebe0ec
  8. We could not complete the install because an update service was shutting down

in Windows 10 News
    We could not complete the install because an update service was shutting down: [ATTACH]If you’re encountering the Windows update error message We could not complete the install because an update service was shutting down when upgrading your Windows […] This article We could not complete the install because an update service was shutting down first...
  9. Right-Click Context Menu is not responding when I right-click, and goes unresponive.

Right-Click Context Menu is not responding when I right-click, and goes unresponive.: I have an issue, when I right-click, but it suddenly goes not responding and returns to normal after it blacks out, probably a glitch. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu-is-not-responding-when-i/f8af52ce-e9a5-4a4e-b476-ffbb8bc8ea45
  10. Internet Connection Goes Bad When Location Service Active

Internet Connection Goes Bad When Location Service Active: I've been having weird issue lately My internet occasionally suddenly goes bad and hard to connect through WiFi. This happen both on my laptop and desktop, but not on mobile. So definitely not my ISP connection. I tried to ping some sites using CMD and got multiple request...