Windows 10: Internet gradually slows down after start up.

Discus and support Internet gradually slows down after start up. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am connected to the internet via a Netgear wireless router, and recently I have been experiencing a problem where my internet speed gradually slows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jonathan Chum, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Internet gradually slows down after start up.

I am connected to the internet via a Netgear wireless router, and recently I have been experiencing a problem where my internet speed gradually slows down and ultimately I am unable to load webpages/internet content through any browser/other software.

When I initially boot the computer, internet speeds are fine, but the longer I use it the slower my connection gets. I've found that other devices from the same distance work completely fine, and don't seem to have the same problem that my computer does.

Is there something I can do to fix this.

:)

Jonathan Chum, Sep 28, 2020

2. WIN10 internet SLOW!!!!!!!

Hello William,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with slow Internet Connection. We will certainly help you.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Have you tried connecting to some other Internet connection and check if the same issue occurs?

We suggest you to connect your system to some other network and check if the same slow Internet connection issue persists. If no then there must be issue with your Internet connection.

Further you can try performing the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 28, 2020
  3. mbmeadows Win User
    Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Internet gradually slows down after start up.

Keyboard entry gradually slows over time; Resolves when I close/reopen browser

Over the last 6 mos, my system seems to gradually slow down until I close and reopen the browser (Edge or Chrome on Win10).

• I ran system diagnostics on memory and network interfaces and have no issues. (using Norton and Microsoft diagnostics)
    • Problem resolves and then gradually returns.
    • Occurs when I use spreadsheets (e.g., navigating between spreadsheet cells) and using network cloud software (e.g., TurboTax). The system just become unresponsive and it moves from being very responsive to data entry into a form or spreadsheet to gradually
      get slower and can take 30 seconds to get a response.
    • I defragged the disk and deleted temp files (using Norton antivirus)
    • Edge and Win10 are on latest release, as is Chrome browser when that is used.

My pc is a laptop with an Intel I5 processor (around 7 years old), and 6GB of main memory. Plenty of disk storage. When running the performance monitor I don't see any obvious issues of overloaded resources. Ethernet connected to a high speed network
    (25Mb/s upload and 3.5Mb/s download).

Can't figure out what is wrong or next steps to diagnose issue.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

thank you

jseagull56, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Internet gradually slows down after start up.

1. Internet gradually slows down after start up. - Similar Threads - Internet gradually slows

2. Computer super super slow after start-up, gradually gets faster

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer super super slow after start-up, gradually gets faster: Hello, there's a problem on my PC, where some apps open fine, but others, mostly if not all that use 3D, open up extremely slowly. Idk what I've done, but my PC isn't using up all of it's resources at all, not even close.Does anyone know what's wrong?Blender start-up time 3d...
  3. Computer super super slow after start-up, gradually gets faster

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer super super slow after start-up, gradually gets faster: Hello, there's a problem on my PC, where some apps open fine, but others, mostly if not all that use 3D, open up extremely slowly. Idk what I've done, but my PC isn't using up all of it's resources at all, not even close.Does anyone know what's wrong?Blender start-up time 3d...
  4. Internet slows down

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet slows down: This started happening about 2 weeks ago, I would get on my hp slim desktop and whenever we would use it the whole internet in my home would go really slow.I’ve reset my computer completely and unplugged the Ethernet cord to try and use the wifi but it still did the same...
  5. Issue with internet gradually slowing down in windows 10

Issue with internet gradually slowing down in windows 10: Hello, I'm experiencing an odd issue where my internet slows down after the PC is up and running. After a reboot I get 1.5 gig speeds which is exactly what my ISP is supposed to provide. However after about an hour or so of the system being on, a download causes my system...
  6. Windows 10 Slows down gradually

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Slows down gradually: I have an annoying problem that seems to have developed since I updated to the 2004 Feature Update. With a fresh reboot, the system is really fast AMD 2700X, 16 GB RAM 3200, NVMe 1TB M.2, X570 MB. Over the next few days it will slow gradually but very perceptively. I have...
  7. HDD gradually slowing down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD gradually slowing down: I'm facing issues with new hard drive yet it's transfer and download speed is diminished quickly regardless of whatever framework equivalent any longer. Seagate backup HDD 2TB....
  8. Slowed down internet

Slowed down internet: I have a problem related to internet and network settings in Windows 10. The problem what I am currently experiencing is that the internet speed is slowed down significantly to 3% of the contracted speed. Normally I get 100Mbps from speedtest, but everytime I experiencing...
  9. Windows starts up then slows down to a freeze

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows starts up then slows down to a freeze: Ok so I had to factory reset my computer since it wasn't starting up correctly. Worked fine for a day but now its like the title says. Trying to use any apps in normal windows isnt gonna happen because it just freezes before they can start up. Im out of things to try, so I'm...
  10. My internet slows down after 'sleeping'

My internet slows down after 'sleeping': Hi, I just got a brand new PC 1.5 month ago, but I have noticed whenever I leave my PC and it goes into sleeping mode - and wake it up again, my internet is slow despite Speedtest.net shows I have full 300 Mbps speed. I have tested it on a few sites, where fx the graphics...