Windows 10: Internet has been x6 slower for the past 6 months. I am tired of 2.9 mb/s and want 18 mb/s...

Discus and support Internet has been x6 slower for the past 6 months. I am tired of 2.9 mb/s and want 18 mb/s... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Backstory: So for about 2 months 3 windows computer download speed has dropped significantly. One dropped from about 18 MB/s download to about 4 MB/s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CalebWagner, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Internet has been x6 slower for the past 6 months. I am tired of 2.9 mb/s and want 18 mb/s...

Backstory: So for about 2 months 3 windows computer download speed has dropped significantly. One dropped from about 18 MB/s download to about 4 MB/s on my desktop. And another went from 30 MB/s to about 6 MB/s on my laptop.
    I completely reset my laptop completely and still had the effect on the download and still stayed the same slow speed.
    I have tried most thing including checking for updates, updating drivers, resetting internet and trying different internets. I have tried two and it's the same 2-3 MB/s.
    The weird thing is, when I take a speed test, my PC clocks about 25 MB/s.
    It gets weird, an Apple computer on the same wifi clocked about 30-40 MB/s no problem.

This is the same issue for two different internets, one at my mom's house and other at my dad's house. They are both slowed down to 3 MB/s.
    This also happens on my little brothers desktop.

This leads me to believe that it could be a windows issue. Should I try to contact my ISP?

:)

CalebWagner, Dec 5, 2018

2. Internet Has Been x3-x6 times slower for 2 months now. Please help.

Backstory: So for about 2 months 3 windows computer download speed has dropped significantly. One dropped from about 18 MB/s download to about 4 MB/s. And another went from 30 MB/s to about 6 MB/s laptop.

I completely reset my laptop and still had to affect on the download and still stayed the same slow speed.

I have tried most thing including checking for updates, updating drivers, resetting internet and trying different internets. I have tried two and it's the same 2-3 MB/s.

The weird thing is, when I take a speed test, my PC clocks about 25 MB/s.

It gets weird, an Apple computer on the same wifi clocked about 30-40 MB/s no problem.

Please help so I don't have to wait 8 hours for COD BO4 to download XD.

Thank you ahead of time.

Sincerely,

~A person with issues

CalebWagner, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Nokia 5800, 75MB memory in use, 11 MB free, 41 MB 'Other Files', 32 MB SIS Applications

Thanks for the suggestions, Hazey. It has helped a bit, but not a huge amount. I've got it down to 70 MB in use, 17 MB free. The only one of your suggestions that I haven't followed was the one about switching the messaging folders from C: to E:. When
    I tried switching, I just lost everything in my message folders on C:. Is there any way of copying these messages over?

I still have the 36 MB 'other files' listed when I check the memory details, which is really bugging me.

Complainer---01, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Internet has been x6 slower for the past 6 months. I am tired of 2.9 mb/s and want 18 mb/s...

Where is 50 mb in 6290 ???

In official documntation is written that nokia 6290 has 50 mb RAM (in reality 45mb), but Nokia PC Suit writes that there is only 2 mb left (folder data is 29 mb). So some simple calculations: 45mb - 31mb = 14 mb. Where is my 14 mb ???

O'k I found out that there have been 3 symbian programmes installed (Nokia maps ~ 5mb and other 2 small programms ~ 500 kb in total), so finally i can't find my 9mb =).

I suppose that those 9 mb are for built in melodies, themes etc.

Am I right, or there is problem with my phone ?
    Message Edited by evgenius on 09-Aug-200706:30 PM

evgenius---01, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Internet has been x6 slower for the past 6 months. I am tired of 2.9 mb/s and want 18 mb/s...

1. Internet has been x6 slower for the past 6 months. I am tired of 2.9 mb/s and want 18 mb/s... - Similar Threads - Internet has been

2. Why is my wi-fi download slow to 1 to 2 mb/ from 100 to 200 Mb/s

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my wi-fi download slow to 1 to 2 mb/ from 100 to 200 Mb/s: Why is my wi-fi download slow to 1 to 2 mb/ from 100 to 200 Mb/s https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-wi-fi-download-slow-to-1-to-2-mb-from/19d5f7a0-b3ed-44ee-903c-952d6ef0b894
  3. Why is my wi-fi download slow to 1 to 2 mb/ from 100 to 200 Mb/s

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my wi-fi download slow to 1 to 2 mb/ from 100 to 200 Mb/s: Why is my wi-fi download slow to 1 to 2 mb/ from 100 to 200 Mb/s https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-wi-fi-download-slow-to-1-to-2-mb-from/19d5f7a0-b3ed-44ee-903c-952d6ef0b894
  4. Game Updates Stuck At 0 MB/S

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Game Updates Stuck At 0 MB/S: I've been trying to update my game since last night, it was working fine so I left it on overnight to install but when I woke up it was stuck at 66%. Even though it said 56gb out of 56gb. So I paused the update and hit resume and now it shows that it has no progress and is at...
  5. Game Updates Stuck At 0 MB/S

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Updates Stuck At 0 MB/S: I've been trying to update my game since last night, it was working fine so I left it on overnight to install but when I woke up it was stuck at 66%. Even though it said 56gb out of 56gb. So I paused the update and hit resume and now it shows that it has no progress and is at...
  6. Game Updates Stuck At 0 MB/S

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Internet Adapter Causing internet to spike to 0 mb/s

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Adapter Causing internet to spike to 0 mb/s: I can't play games, I can't do certain work on installations and reloading websites is completely awful. I've tested it with different connections and it's the adapter or the computer, I've tried out updating, resetting, repairing and reinstalling drivers and it doesn't work....
  8. Below 10 Mb/s internet speed on Windows 10

Below 10 Mb/s internet speed on Windows 10: I've checked my other machines and they are getting 100Mb/s tops this is via speedtest.net, on the main machine I get below 10Mb/s. I have followed these guides/answers : -...
  9. After Installing Latest Windows Update WiFi Speed Reduce to 8 MB/S From 40 MB/S

After Installing Latest Windows Update WiFi Speed Reduce to 8 MB/S From 40 MB/S: Hi All, After installing latest windows update ( Version 1903 [Windows 10 Home] ) my WiFi speed reduce to 8 MB/S from 40 MB/S. Please help me to fix this. Thanks....
  10. Internet Has Been x3-x6 times slower for 2 months now. Please help.

Internet Has Been x3-x6 times slower for 2 months now. Please help.: Backstory: So for about 2 months 3 windows computer download speed has dropped significantly. One dropped from about 18 MB/s download to about 4 MB/s. And another went from 30 MB/s to about 6 MB/s laptop. I completely reset my laptop and still had to affect on the download...