Windows 10: Internet indicator changes from wave to globe. No problem with ISP. Will not allow Internet...

Discus and support Internet indicator changes from wave to globe. No problem with ISP. Will not allow Internet... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. For no discernable reason, my internet stopped working. The little icon on the bottom taskbar changed from a wave to a globe. I can access the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ollie Ox, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Ollie Ox Win User

Internet indicator changes from wave to globe. No problem with ISP. Will not allow Internet...

Hi. For no discernable reason, my internet stopped working. The little icon on the bottom taskbar changed from a wave to a globe. I can access the Internet on other devices - it's not the ISP. I'm using the Wi-Fi option. But the computer goes through the diagnostics, does a song and dance, but does not resolve the problem; it will not allow internet access. Then it magically works again. It seems to turn on and off randomly. This is very frustrating. I'm told this is a bug in Microsoft Windows. Please help. And please be aware that I'm not a tech guy - I do not speak Computerese. Keep it simp

:)

Ollie Ox, Jun 14, 2021

2. windows 10 globe icon indicates no internet access when there is access

With the last couple of Windows 10 updates, I have encountered a problem/bug with the internet icon globe display indicating no internet access when in fact I have internet access
    for the most part. It looks like this has been an issue for
    years
    . With the past updates, I just kept restarting my computer until the issue resolved itself but is there a better way to correct the problem? As stated, for the most part I have internet access but there are a few programs that
    will not run because they do not detect an internet connection.

Thanks in advance for any advise given.

cgraves(2), Jun 14, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Internet Icon Globe

Why did my Windows 10 internet icon in tray change to a world globe after update?

Judy Flook, Jun 14, 2021
  4. lacrumb Win User

Internet indicator changes from wave to globe. No problem with ISP. Will not allow Internet...

Windows 10 Internet Icon Globe

The globe says you are not connected to the Internet.

You need to go Settings, Network & Internet and connect to the Internet by picking you network. You may have to enter the password then click on Connect.

lacrumb, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Internet indicator changes from wave to globe. No problem with ISP. Will not allow Internet... - Similar Threads - Internet indicator changes

2. Taskbar internet icon says No Internet.... "crossed out globe"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar internet icon says No Internet.... "crossed out globe": I am submitting a fix rather than looking for a fix. Fairly new computer with Windows 11 recently began showing 'no internet' globe in my Taskbar but I had perfectly good internet connection. Rather weird. After some searching, I found my fix. Go to registry...
  3. Taskbar internet icon says No Internet.... "crossed out globe"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar internet icon says No Internet.... "crossed out globe": I am submitting a fix rather than looking for a fix. Fairly new computer with Windows 11 recently began showing 'no internet' globe in my Taskbar but I had perfectly good internet connection. Rather weird. After some searching, I found my fix. Go to registry...
  4. Internet problems on Windows 10 not caused by ISP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet problems on Windows 10 not caused by ISP: I live practically in the middle of nowhere in a tree covered area and many ISP's couldn't consider my home with a satellite because of the angles of the trees around my home but I was recently able to get Starlink satellite internet, unfortunately the way SpaceX designed...
  5. Internet problems on Windows 10 not caused by ISP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet problems on Windows 10 not caused by ISP: I live practically in the middle of nowhere in a tree covered area and many ISP's couldn't consider my home with a satellite because of the angles of the trees around my home but I was recently able to get Starlink satellite internet, unfortunately the way SpaceX designed...
  6. Internet problems on Windows 10 not caused by ISP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Getting the globe that indicates no access.

Getting the globe that indicates no access.: So for the past few months, ive been getting the globe that stands for no internet access. At first it would just stay disconnected despite me having internet. Then I updated the driver and it turned on the internet for a while before turning off. It continued to do this, I...
  8. windows 10 globe icon indicates no internet access when there is access

windows 10 globe icon indicates no internet access when there is access: With the last couple of Windows 10 updates, I have encountered a problem/bug with the internet icon globe display indicating no internet access when in fact I have internet accessfor the most part. It looks like this has been an issue for years. With the past updates, I...
  9. Windows 10 Internet Icon Globe

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Internet Icon Globe: Why did my Windows 10 internet icon in tray change to a world globe after update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-internet-icon-globe/2ced4110-99b6-4d19-92e2-6fc7453893c3
  10. No internet connection indication

No internet connection indication: I have Windows 10 64 bit. After my internet provider went down for a couple of hours, the no internet connection failed to clear when it came back up. I reset my modem and my router. No help. My computer is connected to the router via an ethernet cable. I tried rebooting...