Windows 10: Internet Information ServicesIIS Manager not working after moving ssd to a new pc

Discus and support Internet Information ServicesIIS Manager not working after moving ssd to a new pc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently moved my SSD to a new pc, everything works fine except IIS Manager, which shows only a white screen on the task bar and won't event open its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by applegjuice, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Internet Information ServicesIIS Manager not working after moving ssd to a new pc

I recently moved my SSD to a new pc, everything works fine except IIS Manager, which shows only a white screen on the task bar and won't event open its window screenshot attached. I already tried removing and adding the related windows features, removing with backup every IIS related folder C://inetpub, C://Windows/System32/intersrv, cascading windows in case it's out of screen without any luck. Is there anything else I can try to solve this issue?

Internet Information ServicesIIS Manager not working after moving ssd to a new pc 2b45c68b-de06-4b5c-aada-b2b829c69497?upload=true.png

Internet Information ServicesIIS Manager not working after moving ssd to a new pc 290a7f21-03f3-4412-91e3-7cd887e9147a?upload=true.png

Internet Information ServicesIIS Manager not working after moving ssd to a new pc 1b8f8b2f-4c90-4e6f-80df-6c9a55051789?upload=true.png

:)

applegjuice, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Zafflower Win User

SSD showing up as HDD in device manager

Hi,

I just installed a Samsung SSD 2TB drive. I already have two 2TB and 1TB SSD drives and one old Western Digital 2TB disk drive insatlled. My new SSD drive is working properly. I was able to format it and move files to it, but it shows up as a Western
    Digital hard drive in Device Manager. My new drive is listed properly in the BIOS as an SSD drive. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks.

Zaffer

Zafflower, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Move SSD (with windows 10) from old to new desktop

Hello Greg,

I may try your suggestion of moving the SSD and buying a new windows 10 license. I also marked question answered in your first post.

In hindsight, I should have not upgraded to W10 and saved $139. Then built the new PC & bought a new W10 license.

Rajesh

Rajesh_rpv, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Internet Information ServicesIIS Manager not working after moving ssd to a new pc

How to move program file on ssd to hdd

Please note, only Microsoft Store apps can be moved, desktop apps downloaded from the Internet or a disc cannot be moved.

Click Start > Settings > System > Storage

Under More storage settings, click 'Change where new content is saved'

In New apps will save to list box, choose the 'Apps' SSD

Open Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & Features

Select any large app you have downloaded from the Windows Store

Click Move, choose the SSD drive

Andre for Directly, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Internet Information ServicesIIS Manager not working after moving ssd to a new pc

1. Internet Information ServicesIIS Manager not working after moving ssd to a new pc - Similar Threads - Internet Information ServicesIIS

2. Moving windows to a new ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving windows to a new ssd: Hi I want to move my windows to the new ssd that I installed on my pc because it is a faster and more space ssd m.2. How do I move it over and delete the old one from my old ssd...
  3. New Win11 21H2 PC blank Internet Information Services IIS Manager broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Win11 21H2 PC blank Internet Information Services IIS Manager broken: Hello,I have a new Acer desktop that successfully installs the Windows Feature Internet Information Services, but when the manager is opened all the components and icons or buttons are missing. I've tried multiple reinstalls of the feature and it's still broken. Have read...
  4. New Win11 21H2 PC blank Internet Information Services IIS Manager broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Win11 21H2 PC blank Internet Information Services IIS Manager broken: Hello,I have a new Acer desktop that successfully installs the Windows Feature Internet Information Services, but when the manager is opened all the components and icons or buttons are missing. I've tried multiple reinstalls of the feature and it's still broken. Have read...
  5. Moving to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving to a new SSD: I have a desktop PC with a 930GB hard drive only 220 GB used; it's working ok but for various reasons I'd like to get a SSD drive and move to it. My nearby PC service company says they can easily install the new disk, and upgrade from my current Windows 7 to Windows 10....
  6. Moving to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving to a new SSD: I have a desktop PC with a 930GB hard drive only 220 GB used; it's working ok but for various reasons I'd like to get a SSD drive and move to it. My nearby PC service company says they can easily install the new disk, and upgrade from my current Windows 7 to Windows 10....
  7. SSD Moved from old to new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    SSD Moved from old to new PC: Hello, I recently built a new computer and moved my SSD that contained my windows install from the old to the new computer. Everything boots fine, but I'm getting the notifications that my copy of windows is not genuine and that I need to provide a windows key. I never had to...
  8. Moving SSD to new computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving SSD to new computer.: I'am going to be upgrading my pc soon and want to use my current ssd in my computer. I'am going to use the "reset this pc" setting to get rid of all my files, apps, games, etc. I want to start a fresh wipe of windows on my new pc. What i want to know is can I do the windows...
  9. Moving OS to new SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving OS to new SSD: I have my Windows 10 OS installed in my old HDD. I recently put in a m.2 NVMe SSD in my PC and i’m wondering if I can clone my Windows 10 OS to my new SSD ONLY. I want to keep my pictures, videos and games in my HDD not move it anywhere. Is this possible? If so please tell me...
  10. MOVING SSD TO A NEW PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MOVING SSD TO A NEW PC: I am getting an Intel bare bones NUC. I want to simply take my SSD out of my old PC and install it in the new one, and hopefully boot up. I do have my Windows 10 license activated and associated with my Microsoft account. Will I be able to make this change successfully, and...