Windows 10: Internet Interface shows 'No Internet' in Win 10 but DNS, ICMP and all other traffic works

Discus and support Internet Interface shows 'No Internet' in Win 10 but DNS, ICMP and all other traffic works in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After a reboot of Win 10 (10.0.17134), sometimes the interface shows 'No Internet' but from CLI, DNS queries, ICMP and MSIE all work without issues.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pryzrak, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Pryzrak Win User

Internet Interface shows 'No Internet' in Win 10 but DNS, ICMP and all other traffic works

After a reboot of Win 10 (10.0.17134), sometimes the interface shows 'No Internet' but from CLI, DNS queries, ICMP and MSIE all work without issues. However apps like Outlook and Spotify (and a few others) uses the adapter status to determine if throughput is up or down so they are not functional in a false-positive aspect to connect to the servers associated with them. After disabling/enabling the adapter, the issue goes away. This only seems to be relevant to a reboot or start of the PC. Has anyone ever seen this issue and how to mitigate? My power setting are set to 'never sleep' with exception to the display which turns off in 20 mins. However the Power setting doesn't seem to be the cause. Only after a reboot/start.

:)

Pryzrak, Jun 25, 2019
  2. Pryzrak Win User

Internet Interface shows 'No Internet' in Win 10 but DNS, ICMP and all other traffic works

After a reboot of Win 10 (10.0.17134), sometimes the interface shows 'No Internet' but from CLI, DNS queries, ICMP and MSIE all work without issues. However apps like Outlook and Spotify (and a few others) uses the adapter status to determine if throughput
    is up or down so they are not functional in a false-positive aspect to connect to the servers associated with them. After disabling/enabling the adapter, the issue goes away. This only seems to be relevant to a reboot or start of the PC. Has anyone ever seen
    this issue and how to mitigate? My power setting are set to 'never sleep' with exception to the display which turns off in 20 mins. However the Power setting doesn't seem to be the cause. Only after a reboot/start.

Pryzrak, Jun 25, 2019
  3. dns probe finished no internet

Hi Oxide,

After some trial-and-error testing of all suggested fixes, which I found over the internet, here’re what worked for me to solve "DNS Probe Finished No Internet" issue and might work for you as well.

Method 1: Change Default DNS Address to Open DNS

Here all you have to do is change your default automatically obtained DNS server addresses to open DNS or Google DNS. To do this, follow below mentioned steps:

Step 1:
    Right click on Network icon located in Windows Task Bar Menu.

Step 2:
    Click on ‘Open Network and Sharing Center.’

Internet Interface shows 'No Internet' in Win 10 but DNS, ICMP and all other traffic works [​IMG]

Step 3:
    Click on Local Area Connection with whom who are presently connected and click onProperties.

Step 4:
    Select ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)’ and click on Properties.

Step 5:
    Now in newly opened windows, select the radio button that reads ‘Use the following DNS server address:’

Step 6:
    Now in the ‘Preferred DNS Server’ box type in 208.67.222.222 and in ‘Alternate DNS Server’ type in 208.67.220.220.

Step 7:
    Now check the box that says ‘Validate settings upon exit’ and then click on OK. That’s it.

Internet Interface shows 'No Internet' in Win 10 but DNS, ICMP and all other traffic works [​IMG]

TechieNikhil, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Internet Interface shows 'No Internet' in Win 10 but DNS, ICMP and all other traffic works

Vista feature could possibly stall internet traffic.

Currently, all computers are connected to the internet using Internet Protocol Version 4. This means that they have a set DNS, or Domain Name System, exclusively for that protocol. Windows Vista is compatible with the new IP version, IPV6. IPV6 boasts many features, such as more IP addresses, an increased speed, easier connectivity, and an elimination of network administrator burdens such as network address translation. However, it will take a long time for the internet to move from one IP protocol to another. Windows Vista pings websites first for IPV6, and then IPV4. This effectively doubles the workload on DNS servers. This could cause internet-wide stalls, brownouts, or even complete system shut down. The inventor of DNS, Paul Mockapetris, says "If you adopt Vista, your DNS traffic is going to double. You're going to see brownouts. All of a sudden, it is going to be mud season on the Internet, where things will just be kind of slow and gooey." Microsoft agrees that there will be an increase in DNS traffic, however not nearly to the extent predicted.

Source: ZDNet

zekrahminator, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Internet Interface shows 'No Internet' in Win 10 but DNS, ICMP and all other traffic works - Similar Threads - Internet Interface shows

2. How to allow all internet traffic through a specified NIC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to allow all internet traffic through a specified NIC?: Hello,I am looking for a way to direct all internet traffic through a specific NIC, here is the scenario: > I am running a VPN client on a Windows computer. When the user logs in, the VPN client automatically connects rather, the tunnel is established without the user...
  3. How to allow all internet traffic through a specified NIC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to allow all internet traffic through a specified NIC?: Hello,I am looking for a way to direct all internet traffic through a specific NIC, here is the scenario: > I am running a VPN client on a Windows computer. When the user logs in, the VPN client automatically connects rather, the tunnel is established without the user...
  4. Ethernet showing "No Internet Access" but internet is working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet showing "No Internet Access" but internet is working: Some time ago, I noticed that my Windows 10 PC here at home was showing "No internet access" in the system tray. Came here to look for a fix, and got directed to this YouTube video: https://youtu.be/v3CkXHgj6Ig . I ran the registry fix, rebooted the PC, and the issue was...
  5. Unknown internet traffic

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown internet traffic: There is approximately 40% of additional internet traffic waste comparing to what was actually used to browse the web or download. Regardless of the apps, either it's a browser, or a client network app that downloads something, if I download say 10GB, the amount of traffic in...
  6. Internet not working at all

Internet not working at all: [IMG] So tell me how i was watching videos earlier afternoon and out of nowhere I get a blue screen. Pc resets but screen is taking long so i reset it and then I turn it on again and look to see theres no internet icon. Also the network status is gone. I try everything from...
  7. Internet drops during high traffic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet drops during high traffic: Hi, Since I upgraded my Internet connection (from 50/5 Mb to 1000/300 Mb), I have a problem which I can't resolve. When I download a game or something else at high speed (> 40/50 Mb/s) from Steam, Battle.net or other client, and sometimes even while watching 4k videos on...
  8. Internet DNS Issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet DNS Issue?: So I run normally at 10-15 MB/s for internet, but when I'm playing ANYTHING, from League of Legends to Apex Legends to Destiny 2, it runs super fine and everything is dandy until about 20-30 minutes in where I'll just disconnect from nowhere and freeze up for about 10-15...
  9. Two interfaces, one VPN - how to access the internet via the other interface?

Two interfaces, one VPN - how to access the internet via the other interface?: I would like to know how to configure my laptop so one interface uses the VPN and the wireless interface bypasses the VPN and connects to the internet. At the moment the only way I am able to do this is with VM software, e.g. VMware, but looking for a solution that does not...
  10. DNS issue, no internet

DNS issue, no internet: I've been running into this issue with my pc for the past couple days. I have had no internet due to a DNS issue. It was defaulted to automatic so I tried the Google DNS as well as the opendns addresses, nothing. I was, and currently am, hard wired but I also tried using...