Windows 10: Internet Interface shows 'No Internet' in Win 10 but DNS, ICMP and all other traffic works

Discus and support Internet Interface shows 'No Internet' in Win 10 but DNS, ICMP and all other traffic works in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After a reboot of Win 10 (10.0.17134), sometimes the interface shows 'No Internet' but from CLI, DNS queries, ICMP and MSIE all work without issues.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pryzrak, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Pryzrak Win User

Internet Interface shows 'No Internet' in Win 10 but DNS, ICMP and all other traffic works

After a reboot of Win 10 (10.0.17134), sometimes the interface shows 'No Internet' but from CLI, DNS queries, ICMP and MSIE all work without issues. However apps like Outlook and Spotify (and a few others) uses the adapter status to determine if throughput is up or down so they are not functional in a false-positive aspect to connect to the servers associated with them. After disabling/enabling the adapter, the issue goes away. This only seems to be relevant to a reboot or start of the PC. Has anyone ever seen this issue and how to mitigate? My power setting are set to 'never sleep' with exception to the display which turns off in 20 mins. However the Power setting doesn't seem to be the cause. Only after a reboot/start.

:)

Pryzrak, Jun 25, 2019
  2. Pryzrak Win User

Internet Interface shows 'No Internet' in Win 10 but DNS, ICMP and all other traffic works

After a reboot of Win 10 (10.0.17134), sometimes the interface shows 'No Internet' but from CLI, DNS queries, ICMP and MSIE all work without issues. However apps like Outlook and Spotify (and a few others) uses the adapter status to determine if throughput
    is up or down so they are not functional in a false-positive aspect to connect to the servers associated with them. After disabling/enabling the adapter, the issue goes away. This only seems to be relevant to a reboot or start of the PC. Has anyone ever seen
    this issue and how to mitigate? My power setting are set to 'never sleep' with exception to the display which turns off in 20 mins. However the Power setting doesn't seem to be the cause. Only after a reboot/start.

Pryzrak, Jun 25, 2019
  3. dns probe finished no internet

Hi Oxide,

After some trial-and-error testing of all suggested fixes, which I found over the internet, here’re what worked for me to solve "DNS Probe Finished No Internet" issue and might work for you as well.

Method 1: Change Default DNS Address to Open DNS

Here all you have to do is change your default automatically obtained DNS server addresses to open DNS or Google DNS. To do this, follow below mentioned steps:

Step 1:
    Right click on Network icon located in Windows Task Bar Menu.

Step 2:
    Click on ‘Open Network and Sharing Center.’

Internet Interface shows 'No Internet' in Win 10 but DNS, ICMP and all other traffic works [​IMG]

Step 3:
    Click on Local Area Connection with whom who are presently connected and click onProperties.

Step 4:
    Select ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)’ and click on Properties.

Step 5:
    Now in newly opened windows, select the radio button that reads ‘Use the following DNS server address:’

Step 6:
    Now in the ‘Preferred DNS Server’ box type in 208.67.222.222 and in ‘Alternate DNS Server’ type in 208.67.220.220.

Step 7:
    Now check the box that says ‘Validate settings upon exit’ and then click on OK. That’s it.

Internet Interface shows 'No Internet' in Win 10 but DNS, ICMP and all other traffic works [​IMG]

TechieNikhil, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Internet Interface shows 'No Internet' in Win 10 but DNS, ICMP and all other traffic works

Vista feature could possibly stall internet traffic.

Currently, all computers are connected to the internet using Internet Protocol Version 4. This means that they have a set DNS, or Domain Name System, exclusively for that protocol. Windows Vista is compatible with the new IP version, IPV6. IPV6 boasts many features, such as more IP addresses, an increased speed, easier connectivity, and an elimination of network administrator burdens such as network address translation. However, it will take a long time for the internet to move from one IP protocol to another. Windows Vista pings websites first for IPV6, and then IPV4. This effectively doubles the workload on DNS servers. This could cause internet-wide stalls, brownouts, or even complete system shut down. The inventor of DNS, Paul Mockapetris, says "If you adopt Vista, your DNS traffic is going to double. You're going to see brownouts. All of a sudden, it is going to be mud season on the Internet, where things will just be kind of slow and gooey." Microsoft agrees that there will be an increase in DNS traffic, however not nearly to the extent predicted.

Source: ZDNet

zekrahminator, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Internet Interface shows 'No Internet' in Win 10 but DNS, ICMP and all other traffic works - Similar Threads - Internet Interface shows

2. Internet shows other internet connections than just mine

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Internet shows other internet connections than just mine: When I sign onto my computer, I'm seeing other internet connections than mine such as Motorola-F980D and Hidden Network, as well as other pop-up. They show to connect automatically when I sign on, but I never authorized this and don't know how to make it stop. I click off the...
  3. No internet DNS server not found.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet DNS server not found.: Tried everything, including changing DNS address in IP ver 4 (TCP/IPv4), rebooting router (wired connection on a wireless/wired router). I just went back to auto obtain. How can I unblock the WSH default outbound? [IMG][IMG][IMG]...
  4. Windows 10 No Internet But Internet Works

Windows 10 No Internet But Internet Works: I have tried every google search and fix I can find but nothing is fixing this. I have two different brand Windows 10 PCs and there is an Wireless error showing in the package tray saying no internet available but there is. The PCs are connected fine. How can I fix this...
  5. How to measure the traffic on my internet line?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to measure the traffic on my internet line?: How to measure the traffic on my internet line? I couldn’t figure out if there is a simple tool by which we can measure the traffic on the internet line. Thank you Best Jamal [img] 124054
  6. DNS probe finished no internet

DNS probe finished no internet: Hello i have a problem in DNS probe finished no internet in every browser. i have tried many fixes in a lot of webs and there is no result. note: just on one wifi i may ask for any solution that you have for this problem thanks...
  7. DNS probe finished no internet

DNS probe finished no internet: Hi guys I am having problems with wifi on my laptop for som time now. My wireless is disconecting few seconds after connecting to it. I tried many different things (among them is reinstalling windows which helped for few weeks). I googled in many hours and none of tips from...
  8. Two interfaces, one VPN - how to access the internet via the other interface?

Two interfaces, one VPN - how to access the internet via the other interface?: I would like to know how to configure my laptop so one interface uses the VPN and the wireless interface bypasses the VPN and connects to the internet. At the moment the only way I am able to do this is with VM software, e.g. VMware, but looking for a solution that does not...
  9. DNS issue, no internet

DNS issue, no internet: I've been running into this issue with my pc for the past couple days. I have had no internet due to a DNS issue. It was defaulted to automatic so I tried the Google DNS as well as the opendns addresses, nothing. I was, and currently am, hard wired but I also tried using...
  10. dns probe finished no internet

dns probe finished no internet: I've been getting this, as well as WiFi is "Limited access" when I hover it and it has that triangle. I can only think of OpenVPN causing such, so i uninstalled it. I reset my network card, but it's still giving me this when booting my computer up from sleep mode, as a...