Windows 10: Internet intermittent with strong wifi signal

Discus and support Internet intermittent with strong wifi signal in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently refreshed Windows 10 on an old PC and have a new problem. While the wifi signal is strong (full bars) and never disconnects, the internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mastiff37, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Internet intermittent with strong wifi signal

I recently refreshed Windows 10 on an old PC and have a new problem. While the wifi signal is strong (full bars) and never disconnects, the internet sometimes drops away. The wifi symbol is replaced with the "no internet" globe, but the signal still shows as strong and I'm connected to the network. All other computers and phones and TVs on the network are fine the whole time. If I wait long enough, it will often come back, or I can disconnect and reconnect and the internet will be back immediately.

Any ideas how to solve this problem?

submitted by /u/Mastiff37
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mastiff37, Apr 26, 2020
  2. Pete1burn Win User

Excellent wifi signal, no internet

I have comcast going into a netgear rt600 with an asus repeater upstairs. My iPhone is connected to the 5g signal. When I'm sitting outside I have full wifi signal but no Internet. Can't connect to anything. As soon as I go back inside its fine. How can I have signal but no Internet?

Pete1burn, Apr 26, 2020
  3. pforan Win User
    Teacher with No/Intermittent Internet Access

Yes laptop is right next to router/modem. Definitely not a signal strength issue. Network settings shows strong connection even when connection is dropped. Again, all devices work fine including this laptop until yesterday. I do not have 2 different wifi signals from router. Signal is 2.4Ghz (see attachment). Router is TP-Link WR940N. Modem is Motorola SB501. ISP is Spectrum. Again, this equipment is working fine as all other devices have no problems. I get a few different error messages when connection is dropped, but most common one is "Your Connection was interrupted. A network change was etected," if that's helpful.

Internet intermittent with strong wifi signal [​IMG]

Internet intermittent with strong wifi signal [​IMG]

pforan, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Internet intermittent with strong wifi signal

Excellent wifi signal, no internet

Are you sure you're connected to the same router inside vs. outside?

Sasqui, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Internet intermittent with strong wifi signal

1. Internet intermittent with strong wifi signal - Similar Threads - Internet intermittent strong

2. have strong wifi signal but cannot connect to internet VAIO Laptop/ xp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    have strong wifi signal but cannot connect to internet VAIO Laptop/ xp: I have a VAIO laptop. It shows my wifi connection at bottom strong signal but cannot access internet on any programs It is xp and I used to get a signa at McDonalds when I would go form breakfast but at home not so lucky...
  3. have strong wifi signal but cannot connect to internet VAIO Laptop/ xp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    have strong wifi signal but cannot connect to internet VAIO Laptop/ xp: I have a VAIO laptop. It shows my wifi connection at bottom strong signal but cannot access internet on any programs It is xp and I used to get a signa at McDonalds when I would go form breakfast but at home not so lucky...
  4. NoNet Classic a.k.a. Strong signal, cannot connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NoNet Classic a.k.a. Strong signal, cannot connect: Same old problem back again - the signal is in theory strong but there is no chance to connect on one machine, while the other one next to it runs problem free. Another unresolvable issue of Junknet....
  5. Not reading Wifi signals as strong as usual.

Not reading Wifi signals as strong as usual.: Hello-I'm not sure if it is the Windows 10 software or the HP hardware but ever since I got my HP Pavilion laptop/tablet back from the repairman who replaced the touchscreen my computer won't connect to it's usual strong Wifi connections. The connections show up but as...
  6. Wifi cannot connect even though signal is strong.

Wifi cannot connect even though signal is strong.: After I updated my window, my usual wifi connection is errored. I get a message when trying to connect, "Some information changed since the last time you connected. We need additional information to complete the connection". And asking to put the network security key. But I...
  7. Internet keeps dropping, wifi signal is strong the whole time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet keeps dropping, wifi signal is strong the whole time: My windows 10 PC keeps dropping the internet connection. I don't mean the wifi; that is available and strong the whole time, just the internet. Other computers and devices in the home are fine. Even the internet TV located in the same room is fine, so it's something to do...
  8. Internet WiFi signal loss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet WiFi signal loss: Playing Bridge I get a pop up saying that the computer scan has quit working. Shortly after this, I lose my internet connection and it has to be reset manually. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-wifi-signal-loss/ca9847f9-fdba-43dd-85ed-e4747433be1d
  9. Intermittent internet

Intermittent internet: Recently, when using my Windows 10 laptop, I either get no internet connection or lose it after 30 minutes and cannot get it back until later (seemingly by potluck). The laptop which uses Windows 7 never has this problem so it is not the router at fault and the Windows 10...
  10. WiFi signal

in Windows 10 Customization
    WiFi signal: Hello I installed Windows 10 recently, I saw the signal is not normal as usual The router is very close to the laptop and the signal is very weak. Notic:-(changed my hard drive to ssd)...