Windows 10: Internet is connected but not working on the system

Discus and support Internet is connected but not working on the system in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The Internet is connected, and only one browser is opening rest of the stuff is not working like updates, ms store. Even "ping www.google.com" is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Yogesh Kumar Pandey, Aug 7, 2022.

1. Internet is connected but not working on the system

The Internet is connected, and only one browser is opening rest of the stuff is not working like updates, ms store. Even "ping www.google.com" is showing "request timed out". Also, I tried to troubleshoot but it is showing that "An unexpected error has occurred. The troubleshooting wizard can't continue." I tried resetting IP configuration but that does not work. I also tried some commands to get check whether the system files are corrupted or not. This is the error I am facing. Internet is not running on the system.

:)

Yogesh Kumar Pandey, Aug 7, 2022
  2. jcaswell Win User

W10 can connect to wider internet but cannot access web pages

I have an odd issue with my W10 laptop linked to Sky broadband in the UK via wifi using a Sky router. The effect is that while I can actually access the internet (I can send and receive emails using Outlook and can connect to other machines using TeamViewer) I cannot access any web site (Google, BBC etc). There is no specific error message, merely that the access request timed out and a suggestion that it may be to do with proxy.

I have tried the following:

1. Other systems (W10 and ios) can access web sites using the same Sky router (therefore probably not a router problem)
    2. I have sent and received emails using Outlook, so the broadband connection is working (probably not a Sky problem)
    3. I have tried two different browsers (Firefox and Edge), no connection (not a browser problem)
    4. I am using Windows Defender and have:
      1. Made sure that Firefox is in the list of allowed systems in its Firewall, no connection after a reboot
      2. Turned off the Firewall and tried again - no connection
    My next step will be to re-install Windows, but has anyone got any other suggestions? Could it be some sort of virus (I have carried out a complete virus check using Defender)

So - any suggestions?

jcaswell, Aug 7, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Aug 7, 2022
  4. Internet is connected but not working on the system

HTC 7 Mozart mobile not connecting to internet

Hello,

If you cannot connect to Wi-Fi or use the Mobile Data on your HTC 7 Mozart device, we suggest that you follow the steps given on
    Lumia troubleshooting and repair. After each step, check to see if your issue has been fixed.

• For issues connecting to Wi-Fi networks, select Connectivity > My phone has problems connecting to Wi-Fi networks, then follow the suggested steps provided.

• And for issues connecting to the internet using a mobile data connection, select
      Connectivity > I cannot connect to the internet using a mobile data connection. Make sure to select the next options given if the problem persists.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

81a3255d-566c-4bba-9244-0173490ea2c5, Aug 7, 2022
Thema:

Internet is connected but not working on the system

1. Internet is connected but not working on the system - Similar Threads - Internet connected working

2. Internet connection doesn't work but is shown to be working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connection doesn't work but is shown to be working: Hey everyone,Since yesterday morning my internet connection on my laptop suddenly stopped working. It shows that I'm connected to my wifi network, however when I try to enter any website, "You're not connected" is shown. The network diagnostics however show that "You're...
  3. Internet connection doesn't work but is shown to be working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet connection doesn't work but is shown to be working: Hey everyone,Since yesterday morning my internet connection on my laptop suddenly stopped working. It shows that I'm connected to my wifi network, however when I try to enter any website, "You're not connected" is shown. The network diagnostics however show that "You're...
  4. Internet is connected but not working on the system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet is connected but not working on the system: The Internet is connected, and only one browser is opening rest of the stuff is not working like updates, ms store. Even "ping www.google.com" is showing "request timed out". Also, I tried to troubleshoot but it is showing that "An unexpected error has occurred. The...
  5. no connection to internet and PIN not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    no connection to internet and PIN not working: i had an issue where i downloaded a program that was supposed to be a mini player for spotify on your taskbar. Soon after i installed it my desktop went black and i was not able to interact with anything. I did “ctrl+alt+del” and opened my task manager and through that i...
  6. Internet connection does not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connection does not work: Recently I’ve been having problems with my network access. When I log into my account after restarting I have network access for a few seconds, then it cuts off. When I try to troubleshoot it, it says problem with network adapter or access point and the default gateway is not...
  7. Internet Connection not detected by system windows

Internet Connection not detected by system windows: Hi, Let me state the chain of event that leads up to my current platform - My outlook can't connect to internet, despite i can browse just fine - Closing the outlook, then it can't even start at all - I am uninstalling my whole office programs - When trying to reinstall...
  8. Ethernet is connected to the internet, but internet doesn't work.

Ethernet is connected to the internet, but internet doesn't work.: Today my PC suddenly stopped working with anything internet related, doesn't reach websites on Google Chrome, apps like Discord and Steam went offline. But Ethernet status hasn't changed, it still shows that it's connected. First my IPv6 connectivity had no internet...
  9. Connected to internet but system tray says no connection

Connected to internet but system tray says no connection: My setup: Windows10 Asus RT-N660U Direct LAN connection Comcast ISP and DNS I am online and posting this from the impacted system, so I am clearly online with a connection. For some reason, Windows system tray says I have no internet connection (yellow triangle icon)...
  10. System indicates no internet connection on restart but am connected

System indicates no internet connection on restart but am connected: Roughly half the time I restart my PC I am told I am not connected to the internet, the Ethernet icon in the notification area shows a yellow triangle. [img] but the thing is I am connected just fine and can access everything I normally do. Even microsoft.com. So this...