Windows 10: Internet is delayed when connecting on boot

Discus and support Internet is delayed when connecting on boot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Seemingly this starting happening randomly a few days ago around the time of the last windows update I downloaded, I'm not sure if that was the cause... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Karizma, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Karizma Win User

Internet is delayed when connecting on boot

Seemingly this starting happening randomly a few days ago around the time of the last windows update I downloaded, I'm not sure if that was the cause or not but I system restored back before and the issue is still occuring.

Whenever I startup it takes my pc up to a minute to connect to my internet and I get this in my event viewer everytime,

Event ID: 1003
    Source: Dhcp-Client

Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0x309C23B4E7ED. The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

I've not super familiar with networking issues so I just tried the things I knew about like restarting my router, uninstalling the drivers in device manager, flushing my dns, doing the winsock reset command and the ipconfig release and renew but I'm still having the issue.

It not a huge deal just inconvenient and was wondering if anyone knew a way to fix it, thanks.

:)

Karizma, Dec 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Dec 17, 2020
  3. HTC 7 Mozart mobile not connecting to internet

Hello,

If you cannot connect to Wi-Fi or use the Mobile Data on your HTC 7 Mozart device, we suggest that you follow the steps given on
    Lumia troubleshooting and repair. After each step, check to see if your issue has been fixed.

• For issues connecting to Wi-Fi networks, select Connectivity > My phone has problems connecting to Wi-Fi networks, then follow the suggested steps provided.

• And for issues connecting to the internet using a mobile data connection, select
      Connectivity > I cannot connect to the internet using a mobile data connection. Make sure to select the next options given if the problem persists.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

81a3255d-566c-4bba-9244-0173490ea2c5, Dec 17, 2020
  4. imso3k Win User

The PC doesn't connects immediately to the internet on boot (delay)

So I just upgraded from Win 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro (apparently the free upgrade was still valid) and Iv'e noticed that on startup the machine connects to the internet (Ethernet Cable, not WIFI) with a huge delay, how huge? I have "GOG Galaxy" game launcher which starts on boot, but it fails to connect to the server when it auto-starts, same for example if I try to open Google Chrome, I get a "no internet connection" message, same for delayed Google Drive sync etc etc.

It's an Issues I haven't faced once on Win 8.1, and sometimes the boot itself is more laggy than Win 8.1, I mean my machine is like 8 years old but from my experience older machines tend to "love" more Win 10 over Win 8.1 performance wise.

My Win Version : Windows 10 version 2004 OS build 19041.388

Thank you.

imso3k, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Internet is delayed when connecting on boot - Similar Threads - Internet delayed connecting

2. Internet Connection is fine, programs have a massive delay for connecting to the internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Connection is fine, programs have a massive delay for connecting to the internet.: My explanation : Whenever I start my computer laptop, Dell I try to connect to services such as Microsoft Edge. For a few seconds after starting up my computer, my ethernet does it's job perfectly and I'm able to search for anything that I want. However, this only lasts for a...
  3. The PC doesn't connects immediately to the internet on boot (delay)

The PC doesn't connects immediately to the internet on boot (delay): So I just upgraded from Win 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro (apparently the free upgrade was still valid) and Iv'e noticed that on startup the machine connects to the internet (Ethernet Cable, not WIFI) with a huge delay, how huge? I have "GOG Galaxy" game launcher which starts on boot,...
  4. The PC doesn't connects immediately to the internet on boot delay

The PC doesn't connects immediately to the internet on boot delay: So I just upgraded from Win 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro, and Iv'e noticed that on startup the machine connects to the internet Ethernet Cable, not WIFI with a huge delay, how huge? I have "GOG Galaxy" game launcher which starts on boot, but it fails to connect to the server when it...
  5. delayed booting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    delayed booting: My Lenovo Ideapad 300 series takes about 15-20 minutes to boot. I have tried everything suggested in Youtube videos, and other windows users online... no changes. Someone, please help....
  6. No Internet Connection When VPN Is Connected

No Internet Connection When VPN Is Connected: This particular issue has been going on for almost a month now. My companies IT department is still trying to figure out the root cause. Below is a list of isolation / troubleshooting i've done. Issue: Once connected to the work VPN (successfully) the internet connection...
  7. Booting is delayed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting is delayed: I could not boot the computer ; It demands three or four on /off press. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-is-delayed/a7431a14-a67b-4e5b-9368-ce33b0b836f8
  8. Desktop Windows 10 Internet connection delay only when doing a RESTART

Desktop Windows 10 Internet connection delay only when doing a RESTART: Desktop Windows 10 Internet connection delay only when doing a RESTART. Works fine after doing a shutdown, but RESTART still has Internet connection delay. I have updated the Lan driver from ASUS my motherboard Mfg. I have restarted in SAFE MODE with Network, and it fails...
  9. Boot Delay Help

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot Delay Help: I just upgraded to 1803 and my cold boot delay has increased from 20s to 40s. I found this 101 error causing a 16 sec boot delay but don't understand the report. Any ideas what's causing this? Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance/Operational Source:...
  10. No internet connection on first boot

No internet connection on first boot: I've just "upgraded" from windows 7 yesterday. I note that I don't have an Internet connection when I initially switch on. Restarting resolves this problem. None of the suggestions on this microsoft page work https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...&v4h=winxptab1 I've never...