Windows 10: Internet is going down and up and down and up - Not a provider issue!

Discus and support Internet is going down and up and down and up - Not a provider issue! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My internet randomly disconnects after I have been using it for a while. I have tried everything online and I still can't find a fix and I don't know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by manofmanytalens, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Internet is going down and up and down and up - Not a provider issue!

My internet randomly disconnects after I have been using it for a while. I have tried everything online and I still can't find a fix and I don't know exactly what to do. It is not an issue with my provider, either, because it does not go down for any other device.

I am using a Windows Insider build.

Please help me out here.

:)

manofmanytalens, Jan 14, 2019

2. Internet issues with Windows 10

Hello Bryan,

We are sorry to know that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Set Internet Explorer as default browser

I suggest you to set Internet Explorer as default web browser and restart the computer and see if it helps.

Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions

Hope this helps, get back to us if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Internet is going down and up and down and up - Not a provider issue!

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Internet is going down and up and down and up - Not a provider issue!

1. Internet is going down and up and down and up - Not a provider issue! - Similar Threads - Internet going down

2. How to fix touchscreen issue, up is down, and down is up, but left and right is the same....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix touchscreen issue, up is down, and down is up, but left and right is the same....: Hey!So this problem has been going on for months and now I am tired of itMy touchscreen laptop Gateway 14.1" Ultra Slim has this issue where the touchscreen inverts up and down whenever I touched it.I have tried updating the drivers couldn't because they're the most recent.I...
  3. How to fix touchscreen issue, up is down, and down is up, but left and right is the same....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix touchscreen issue, up is down, and down is up, but left and right is the same....: Hey!So this problem has been going on for months and now I am tired of itMy touchscreen laptop Gateway 14.1" Ultra Slim has this issue where the touchscreen inverts up and down whenever I touched it.I have tried updating the drivers couldn't because they're the most recent.I...
  4. Windows !! will not work offline if internet provider is down?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows !! will not work offline if internet provider is down?: I have a new Dell laptop that came with Win 11 : When internet provider Comcast is down, computer will not accept password and renders the laptop useless. I understand Win requires a Microsoft account - but to log into an offline computer?...
  5. Windows !! will not work offline if internet provider is down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows !! will not work offline if internet provider is down?: I have a new Dell laptop that came with Win 11 : When internet provider Comcast is down, computer will not accept password and renders the laptop useless. I understand Win requires a Microsoft account - but to log into an offline computer?...
  6. Harddisk memory going up and down.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Harddisk memory going up and down.: Yesterday I started with 100 GB free, which went down to 50 by the end of the day. Today it started at 20, went down to 900MB, went back up to 30GB, and has returned to 9.8GB of free space at the moment. Why is it going up and down like this. Is there some kind of update...
  7. mic volume automatically going up or down.

in Windows 10 Customization
    mic volume automatically going up or down.: whenever i start a game, such as CSGO, or anything else, my mic volume goes up. and i have to turn it down by going to microphone properties. how can i fix this?...
  8. Brightness Won't Go Up Or Down.

Brightness Won't Go Up Or Down.: When I press my brightness buttons or slide the bar it doesn't do anything this has been happening for about a week. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-wont-go-up-or-down/a9fc79e9-f545-488f-8e22-d1bd737fc8be
  9. Audio Going Up And Down

Audio Going Up And Down: I Need Help Because My Computer Audio Goes Up And Down All The Time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-going-up-and-down/3fbe49ca-668f-4c78-846a-f25e66f9f20b
  10. brightness keeps going up and down

brightness keeps going up and down: screen brightness keep going up and down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-keeps-going-up-and-down/b8d3f12d-5a95-45e7-93c6-d79b3d9de502