Windows 10: Internet is half-blocked. I can't see most of Youtube videos or use Discord and Twitter,...

Discus and support Internet is half-blocked. I can't see most of Youtube videos or use Discord and Twitter,... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I'll try to give all the details necessary. I have a Windows 10 Home Edition connected via wireless thanks to a d-link usb key. I bought this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by iPalmed, May 5, 2019.

1. iPalmed Win User

Internet is half-blocked. I can't see most of Youtube videos or use Discord and Twitter,...

Hello. I'll try to give all the details necessary.

I have a Windows 10 Home Edition connected via wireless thanks to a d-link usb key.

I bought this PC about a month ago, so it's pretty much new.

My Internet provider is called Fastweb.

This question is heavily connected with this question from 2016, for I have the exact same problem.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/all/keep-getting-this-error-on-my-main-computer-and/c7239181-8c39-46d4-a00a-e7476d56aa15

I tried to follow the suggestions but it didn't work.

It all started with the plan to install a parental filter. My first choice was K9 Web Protection. And so I installed it. But ironically, after a couple of hours Norton sent a message, saying that K9 Web Protection is now closed and that I couldn't use it.

While I needed a program like these, I decided to not use a filter. I didn't unistall it, but I would have had eventually very soon, since I couldn't use it in any way. There was no sign of activity.

Yesterday, Microsoft started a new update for my PC. So I left downloading it and installing it, and then I went to sleep.

When I turned on my PC, and opened my web browser (Firefox (NOT Google Chrome or Chronium)). I noticed a notification from K9 Web Protection.

At first I was surprised, because I didn't imagine that it would have worked.

The notification said they blocked a Youtube related link. So I went in the settings and changed the options.

Then, I logged on Twitter, but I couldn't load my homepage (or timeline). There is only a message with written "Something went wrong" and a button for reloading the page.

If I reload, nothing really happens.

Then I noticed Discord didn't work, either. It just says "Update failed - retrying in <tot> seconds". I was kind of shock because my connection was stable.

Even if the previous days it wasn't. In fact, I called Fastweb because there was an issue with my connection, and they said they would have tried to fix it.

When I noticed this issue, I thought it was related to my network.

However I tried to look on another PC in my house (connected via ethernet), and it worked perfectly. I tried to connect my phone via wi-fi, and so is the same.

Even my console gaming works right. So, I just did the math, and got that the problem was probably related only on my PC, rather on my network.

I tried to experiment by surfing on Internet, and I noticed Youtube was different. If I play most of the videos, there is a shown message:

"This video is restricted. Try singing in with a Google Apps account"

I had no idea what it was asking to. I searched on internet, and apparently Google Apps is an advanced setting used for schools, for students and teachers.

But this doesn't have to do with me at all! I'm using my PC normally at home. So it wasn't normal.

Moreover, I checked my Youtube channel and noticed a good 90% of my videos weren't visible. I couldn't watch them at all.

It's like if a filter is on.

So I did my research, which brought me here.

About the link I posted above - Yes, I did try to turn off the Youtube restricted mode option in settings, but it was futile, because there was no option visible.

So the next suggestion was to restore to the previous firmware because it might have been a problem caused by Windows Update.

And to me, it made sense. After all, I started getting this problems after the update.

So I did what he suggested... But nothing happened.

It's the same as before. I can't connect on Twitter, Discord, Youtube, and most of the websites look like cut in two.

What about K9 Web Protection? Well, I did what I could. I tried deactivate everything. I tried uninstalling it. But nothing happened.

Then I went on Get Help > Check/Dispute site and pasted one of the Youtube videos to check if I could remove it from the blacklist.

This is the message:

"This is a high-profile website, and its rating has been locked. It cannot be disputed."

So yes, I think K9 Web Protection has something to do with it. But I don't know how exactly.

I tried restoring the network system, but nothing happened.

I don't know what to do next. I don't want to restore everything just for this.

There must be a way to find a solution. I'm not sure the problem is K9 Web Protection, but I tried to give you all the details so that you could give me a help.

Thank you very much.

:)

iPalmed, May 5, 2019
  2. Nafine Win User

Troubleshooting help: YouTube videos won't play on Windows 10 PC

I just got a new Windows 10 PC & I'm finding that it won't play YouTube videos. Specifically YouTube. In the video area the loading indicator circles indefinitely and I see this message...

Additional info & steps I've tried...

• Netflix plays flawlessly
    • Other Macs, PCs, iOS & Android devices on the same network play YouTube videos no problem
    • I restarted the machine
    • Restarted the cable modem
    • The machine can do other Internet stuff fine -- browse websites, email, etc.
    • I cleared the browser cache & browsing data
    • I tried a different browser (I tried Chrome & MS Edge)
    • I looked under "Windows Defender Security Center > App & browser control" but I don't see anything there about blocking videos.
    • Turned off ad blocker
    • Tried connecting via Ethernet and wi-fi
    • No peripherals connected to the machine

System info

Gigabyte Aero 15x
    Windows 10 Pro<br>
    Version 1803<br>
    Installed on 8/14/2018<br>
    OS build 17134.228

Any help, advice, or further troubleshooting steps would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Nafine, May 5, 2019
  3. Pakistan Blocks YouTube

It seems that America and the United Kingdom aren't the only countries caught in a sudden desire to become authoritarian. Pakistan is blocking websites that they feel either will pervert their citizens culturally or politically. YouTube recently made the list for both reasons. There's plenty of sketchy X-rated material on the website, and it's cousin, X-tube. However, it's more likely than not that YouTube was blocked in Pakistan due to political footage. To be precise, someone managed to sneak proof of election fraud, in video form, onto YouTube. Pakistan obviously doesn't want anybody to see this, so they bury the video. When it comes bouncing back later, Pakistan got mad and completely blocked out the site.

Source: http://pakistaniat.com/2008/02/22/youtube-blocked-in-pakistan-why

zekrahminator, May 5, 2019
  4. Joythar K Win User

Internet is half-blocked. I can't see most of Youtube videos or use Discord and Twitter,...

YOUTUBE VIDEOS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I’ll be glad to assist you.

This issue may arise when your Graphics card is not updated or compatible.

Therefore, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps.

Method 1: Update Graphics Card.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Properties.
    • Go to Driver Tab and click on Update.
    • Restart the computer and check
    Method 2: Enable Software Rendering.

Please click on the link below and enable Use of Software Rendering instead of GPU Rendering mode.

How to enable or disable software rendering in Internet Explorer:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2528233

(Kindly follow the steps mentioned in the article.)

1. Is the issue specific to YouTube videos?

2. Is the issue specific to Internet Explorer or Edge?

3. Do you remember making any changes to the settings?

If you are using internet explorer to view youtube videos, I would suggest you to follow the steps given below.

Use Compatibility View in Internet Explorer

Follow the instructions provided in the link given below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-10

Also refer to the article given below.

Videos won't play or webpages won't display correctly

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/videos-dont-work#ie=ie-10

Hope the information provided was helpful. If you need further assistance, please feel free to post. We will be glad to assist.

Joythar K, May 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Internet is half-blocked. I can't see most of Youtube videos or use Discord and Twitter,... - Similar Threads - Internet half blocked

2. Most videos on Youtube are distorted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most videos on Youtube are distorted.: Most videos on Youtube are distorted on Microsoft edge and Chrome as well. Restarting the device did not help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-videos-on-youtube-are-distorted/0fbed65a-767f-459d-80ee-a16d7e9cdbf5
  3. Most videos on Youtube are distorted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most videos on Youtube are distorted.: Most videos on Youtube are distorted on Microsoft edge and Chrome as well. Restarting the device did not help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-videos-on-youtube-are-distorted/0fbed65a-767f-459d-80ee-a16d7e9cdbf5
  4. Audio problems and Youtube videos freezing every half a second

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio problems and Youtube videos freezing every half a second: This happened out of nowhere It just happened like that after I left my laptop for a few hours When I got back.. I lost my network adapters, my sound and video keeps getting stuck.. I use an AMD laptop Dell G5 SE 5505, Ryzen 7 4800H, Radeon RX 5600M I checked my Event Viewer...
  5. Can't watch videos on youtube

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't watch videos on youtube: So i tried to go fullscreen on youtube , but i get a white page ... i heard sound , but can't see anything ... .. in normal mode it' working ok .. i post two random screenshots .... BTW i dont know why i have that secure in top ... two days ago it was all working normally...
  6. Ethernet (No Internet) but i can browse, watch youtube, discord.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet (No Internet) but i can browse, watch youtube, discord.: The problem is my windows think that I have no internet connection, and because of this I can't update my windows it will stay at "pending download", I've tried the network reset method, still not working, and I can confirm that I can't open Microsoft Store or Windows Edge....
  7. Can't see video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't see video: I am having trouble viewing any video online; I can hear but no picture. Regular videos saved in my library I can see and hear. but nothing online - youtube, internet, etc. HELP...
  8. No Video But audio on most internet videos

in Browsers and Email
    No Video But audio on most internet videos: Hi, I thought I deleted something important from my computer that made my Chrome not display video properly(CCleaner was my guess but I was wrong) but then I did fresh windows install and video and audio were working until windows 10 updated itself and I was back to square...
  9. I can't upload videos to YouTube! :(

in Browsers and Email
    I can't upload videos to YouTube! :(: I recently just updated my Windows 10 to the recent update and now I can't upload videos to YouTube. This is bad because I usually try to upload every other day atleast and I haven't been able to upload a PC video in four days. My friend's having this same problem. Help! :(...
  10. Can't see videos.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't see videos.: Since I upgraded to windows 10 I can't see video on facebook or you tube.Sometimes I can hear the audio fine and sometimes the audio is all broken up. 27163