Windows 10: Internet issues on fresh install of Win 10

Discus and support Internet issues on fresh install of Win 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just reinstalled windows on to a new SSD. Everything freshly installed, but I've been enountering problems with my internet connection. And I really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by flashist, Feb 12, 2019.

1. flashist Win User

Internet issues on fresh install of Win 10

Just reinstalled windows on to a new SSD. Everything freshly installed, but I've been enountering problems with my internet connection. And I really can't make sense of it.
    It happened prior to and after installing the latest driver to my tp-link wireless card.

I really don't know where to start, on Edge I can connect to all pages, on Vivaldi and Chrome, both chromium, most pages give me "this site can't be reached". On discord, I'm allowed to connect up to my account, but attempting to entering a channel leaves me stuck at attempting to connect. And even stranger, my steam account works, but if I try to log to a different account it gives me Friends network unavailable and do not allow me to go online, or browse store.

Is there anything that can give such sporadic, yet consistent internet problems on an entirely fresh install?

:)

flashist, Feb 12, 2019

2. Fresh Install of Win 10 without Serial Key?

Looking to reformat a laptops HDD, and then reinstall Win 10 fresh. The problem is it came pre-installed with Win 8 and I did the free upgrade to Win 10. How exactly would I re-format the HDD, reinstall Win 10 and ensure it reactivates properly? I don't see a Win 8 serial key anywhere in the contents of the box.

Flogger23m, Feb 12, 2019
  3. EntropyZ Win User
    Windows 10 issues!

I had a similar issue but it only happen on older hardware, Windows would install the stock drivers which would make it nearly impossible to access the internet. Luckily I had newest Intel and Realtek NIC drivers that ran perfectly on Win 10 x64 1607 version, installing those fixed my that problem.

This also can happen on a non-fresh install of WIn 10, when you try to boot from a different computer/motherboard, after a single failed boot, Windows will try to re-detect and re-install all of the drivers, which definitely won't be the most stable or newest.

I tried everything, flushing cache, resetting router, uninstalling the device completely from the list, removing the LAN connection entirely, none of those helped.

EntropyZ, Feb 12, 2019
  4. NC37 Win User

Fresh install, Win Update issue

Ok so I'm whipping some parts together to build a starter PC for nephews. Ran into a snag. It can use browsers like IE and Firefox just fine. I can download just fine and such. However, Windows Update just sits there forever on "checking for updates."

This is with a fresh install of Windows 7.

Now the board originally came from an old Gateway I parted out. It was a Vista machine. This is the board: http://www.ascendtech.us/intel-d945gcfg1-viiv-lga775-motherboard_i_mbintvid95gcfg1.aspx

It has 3GB RAM right now. I've also dropped in a C2D E6700, upgrading it from it's original E4300. Then I dumped in a 750Ti for GPU.

Support under 7 is there but yeah the drivers are often old. Heck I tried loading Windows 10 on and it does work with the exception of Windows Update not working in it either. In fact under 10 it quickly says it cannot communicate with the microsoft servers vs 7 which just sits there.

Now I do have an old Vista install DVD around. I could drop it back to that and see what happens, but I'd like to avoid that. I already know 7 and 10 don't want to communicate with M$ and that it refuses to do so even after fresh install.

Could this be an issue with the board or ethernet? I don't have a spare card around to test but I'm beginning to wonder. Don't usually have issues like this with Windows Update.

Thema:

1. Internet issues on fresh install of Win 10 - Similar Threads - Internet issues fresh

2. Fresh install issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh install issue: I have searched but all the answers I have found involve an operating copy of windows. Is there any instructions or advice to get this laptop running on either the old drive or the new drive? I have installed a new hard drive WD_BLACK SN750 SE NVMe M.2 PCI-E 4.0 SSD, 1TB on...
  3. Fresh install issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install issue: I have searched but all the answers I have found involve an operating copy of windows. Is there any instructions or advice to get this laptop running on either the old drive or the new drive? I have installed a new hard drive WD_BLACK SN750 SE NVMe M.2 PCI-E 4.0 SSD, 1TB on...
  4. Bugcheck - on fresh Win 10 install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bugcheck - on fresh Win 10 install: Hi Guys and gals, I've encountered my first BSOD after a fresh install of Win10, before it, i was getting consistantly different BSOD's. I will start off by saying, temperatures are fine, RAM is tested and fine (memtest 4.5 hours and Windows memory diagnostic). I'm dying...
  5. New Computer Build, Fresh Win 10 install, no network or internet access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Computer Build, Fresh Win 10 install, no network or internet access: Hello. New build. Asus B360M-A MB. Install, reinstall of Win 10 Pro. No apps are installed Runs fine, but cannot connect to the network. NIC does not receive an IP via DHCP. If I enter a static address, doesn't help, fix issue. Can ping loopback. I've tried all the netsh...
  6. Fresh install issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh install issues: Hi all, I'm having a hell of a job trying to get Windows to install & have got to the point where it's patently obvious that I need some help. I've just swapped out my main hard disc for a 500GB M.2 & am trying to install a fresh copy of W10 onto the thing, easy enough, I...
  7. Fresh install of Win 10

Fresh install of Win 10: I have an 2014 vintage ASUS Transformer that I would like to wipe clean and buy/install Windows 10. The problem is the original Win 8.1 install seems to be corrupt. It will not update, and if I try to refresh or reinstall, it wants the installation media, which I do not have....
  8. Fresh Install & No Internet.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh Install & No Internet.: Hey guys. My boyfriend helped me build my PC back in December 2018 and, me being as stupid as physically possible, didn't dowload ad blocker. Welp, around July 2019 I downoaded some malware and it made my computer pretty slow. So this week he came over and did a fresh install...
  9. Internet issues on fresh install of Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internet issues on fresh install of Win 10: Just reinstalled windows on to a new SSD. Everything freshly installed, but I've been enountering problems with my internet connection. And I really can't make sense of it. It happened prior to and after installing the latest driver to my tp-link wireless card. I really...
  10. Fresh Install Win 10

Fresh Install Win 10: My two PC were free upgraded to Win 10 last year. I want to re install the Win 10 on one of that PC due to virus in that PC which is not getting removed. My question is, how to re install Win 10 and how it will be activated. Do I need to note down some thing from this PC to...