Windows 10: Internet issues

Discus and support Internet issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My router refuses to connect to my laptop. Says can't connect to this network, when I try to connect to it. I tried resetting the network and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PoppinKookie, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Internet issues

My router refuses to connect to my laptop. Says can't connect to this network, when I try to connect to it. I tried resetting the network and restarting my laptop. Troubleshoot is no help. Internet works on other devices, but refuses to connect to laptop.

submitted by /u/PoppinKookie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PoppinKookie, Nov 22, 2019

2. Internet issues with Windows 10

Hello Bryan,

We are sorry to know that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Set Internet Explorer as default browser

I suggest you to set Internet Explorer as default web browser and restart the computer and see if it helps.

Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions

Hope this helps, get back to us if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Internet issues

Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Internet issues

1. Internet issues - Similar Threads - Internet issues

2. Internet connection issue!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet connection issue!: Hi! From some hours I have gone from 300Mbit / s to gigabit / but doing speedtests I have seen that from telephone with 5GHz wifi the speed of download was higher than the speed with ethernet cable on PC. So I restarted PC and I booted with Linux to make a test, and on Linux...
  3. Fix Performance & Safety issues in Internet Explorer using these Troubleshooters

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Performance & Safety issues in Internet Explorer using these Troubleshooters: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]While the Microsoft Edge Chromium version is replacing the decade-old Internet Explorer, there is a reason why Microsoft is still keeping IE alive. Apart from Enterprise users, many users, especially those who migrated from Windows 7 are still using it [...]...
  4. Network issues-Can't connect to internet, but connected to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network issues-Can't connect to internet, but connected to wifi: I recently switched ISPs (from Xfinity to Fios Verizon). After the technician came over, all my devices connected perfectly except my gaming pc. This pc is custom-built, current specs: Microsoft Win10 Pro 64 bit Motherboard: AS Rock H110M-DGS R3.0 8GB RAM GTX 980ti 6gb I5...
  5. Windows 10 Internet connection issues

Windows 10 Internet connection issues: Wifi says connected on Windows 10 but when opening Microsoft Edge or anything else to do with internet it says can't open webpage. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-internet-connection-issues/9e9f02d6-90fd-4980-be96-d6b1f4ea5cef
  6. Issues with internet connection

Issues with internet connection: The only support to address Windows 10 internet connection failures. I received was a new case number. No one is answering at this point. Note, the internet has been around for almost 30 years and Windows still can't handle it. ***Original title: I called support and got...
  7. Bizzare internet (gigabit Ethernet) Windows 10 1903 issue - need help

Bizzare internet (gigabit Ethernet) Windows 10 1903 issue - need help: So I've been having issues with my gigabit Ethernet speeds which I've narrowed down to an issue with Windows 10 1903. Basically windows is limiting my internet (not Ethernet) speeds to around 180Mb/s. I've tested the actual Ethernet speeds (both inside and outside of windows)...
  8. Internet randomly goes away after few minutes - Windows 10 Issue

Internet randomly goes away after few minutes - Windows 10 Issue: Hi there, I am having this problem for a long time and my windows drivers are the latest version. Also, Windows 10 Pro 64bit updated to the latest version too. I had this problem since I upgraded to Windows 10, in Windows 7 I had no issues like this. No operating system...
  9. My Computer Has Internet Connection Issues

My Computer Has Internet Connection Issues: Pretty much the title. My computer has had poor connection for a few weeks. Every internet option says one bar. I can barely do anything. This issue is only on my computer. Anyone have a fix? I don't know if it's an adapter issue, driver issue, etc. Only thing I've really...
  10. Internet Speed Issues

Internet Speed Issues: I am running Windows 10 version 1903 build 18362.418. My issue with my WiFi is that whenever i am plugged in and charging, the speed of my internet caps to around 20 mbps but when i am not plugged in, it is normal of around 50 mbps. I am connected on the 5ghz band wifi...