Windows 10: Internet keeps dropping after recent update

Discus and support Internet keeps dropping after recent update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My internet keeps dropping out after a recent update. I have windows 10. It connects fine but then will randomly disconnect and reconnect again. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MelissaLewis0108, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Internet keeps dropping after recent update

My internet keeps dropping out after a recent update. I have windows 10. It connects fine but then will randomly disconnect and reconnect again. I have tried every update I can find. Ran troubleshooting - it found a problem and fixed it - but it's still happening. I have uninstalled the network adapter drivers and re-installed. Nothing is making any difference.

Please help! This just started. I never had a problem before.

:)

MelissaLewis0108, Oct 9, 2018
  2. Gramps Win User

Internet connection dropping

I had already tried this and it did not work. I did find an updated driver for my adapter (Realtek) and so far no more problems. Thanks for the suggestion!

Gramps, Oct 9, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Internet Connection Keeps Dropping

Hello, are you always connected to the same router - or are you skipping to others? Suggest disabling these settings:

Internet keeps dropping after recent update [​IMG]

Also check your channel is not congested, and signal strength is adequate. There are freeware tools which can show you this information.

You might have to change band (frequency) - and in one scenario where someone was renting a place it was suggested the owner was restricting Wifi bandwidth...!

I'm sure others more experienced in these issues will comment.

dalchina, Oct 9, 2018
  4. altae Win User

Internet keeps dropping after recent update

My internet keeps dropping out!

I suggest you connect your laptop to the router with a ethernet cable. If the wired connection is stable you know that there is nothing wrong with the internet connection itself and with your LAN. Next step would be to go to the website of your laptop manufacturer and look for the latest WLAN drivers. Install them and test whether it improves the reliability of your WLAN connection. Then post back the results.

altae, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

Internet keeps dropping after recent update

1. Internet keeps dropping after recent update - Similar Threads - Internet keeps dropping

2. Internet keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet keeps dropping: My internet connection keeps going off and on line. I have restarted my computer and reset the router, troubleshoot the connection and it comes back with no problems. Still getting dropped connections...
  3. Internet keeps dropping

Internet keeps dropping: Hi everyone, I have been trying to solve this issue for ages and have tried everything I could find online, including many posts on these forums. My wifi connection keeps dropping out. Sometimes it's clearly a broken connection to the router i.e. the icon turns to no...
  4. Recent update, no internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recent update, no internet: Tried plugging manually and through my wifi, only my PC has issues. Reinstalled network adapter, turned off firewall, nothing. Trying to uninstall the update to see if it works, otherwise I'll have to rollback. Any other solutions? Sick of this garbage OS. Edit: uninstalling...
  5. WiFi Speeds Dropped After Recent Windows Update

WiFi Speeds Dropped After Recent Windows Update: Hey, so, to keep it short, I run a 120mbps downstream, and 40 or so upstream And my windows force restarted last night, forcing me to update to the newest version, and ever since it restarted, it hasn't been able to get above a 25mbps downstream Does anybody know what the...
  6. Internet Connection keeps on dropping

Internet Connection keeps on dropping: I just got a new PC and use an ethernet cable for connecting to the internet. Well the internet keeps on losing connection every 20 seconds. I tried restarting my router, my PC and I also unplugged and plugged the cable multiple times but nothing seems to have fixed the...
  7. Internet Keeps Dropping Out

Internet Keeps Dropping Out: I recently got a new PC and realized that there is a problem with the internet. I have an ethernet cable plugged in but every few minutes or so, my internet will drop for a second or 2 and come right back on. This is the same ethernet cable and everything I have been using on...
  8. Internet connection keeps dropping

Internet connection keeps dropping: My internet connection keeps dropping. I have changed my network to private, changed my hardware settings to not allow computer to turn off my network card, I have updated my driver for my network card. The problem only happens on this windows 10 computer, all of my other...
  9. Ethernet keeps dropping internet connection

Ethernet keeps dropping internet connection: This has been driving me nuts for months, please help! I am running Windows 10 Pro (64 bit), up to date, I have a Dell and their software is keeping all drivers up to date too. I'm trying to use ethernet rather than WiFi for gigabit speeds across my network, however, the...
  10. Internet Connection Keeps Dropping

Internet Connection Keeps Dropping: I appreciate that this is a common Internet topic but I simply can't find a solution. Before upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 I ran the check which advised that my system is compatible and then updated it. Everything ran fine for about a day, but since then my Wifi Internet...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internet keeps dropping after doing latest windows 10 updates?