Windows 10: Internet keeps dropping out on moderate/heavy internet usage - Error Code 10400

Discus and support Internet keeps dropping out on moderate/heavy internet usage - Error Code 10400 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Two months ago, we've received a new router. This relation, however, was immediately written off as "coincidental" as Google, my ISP, and a friend I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Uri de Vries, May 12, 2019.

1. Internet keeps dropping out on moderate/heavy internet usage - Error Code 10400

Two months ago, we've received a new router. This relation, however, was immediately written off as "coincidental" as Google, my ISP, and a friend I know with moderate IT knowledge have indicated no remote clue that the new router, the cable, or my connection to my ISP has anything to do with this. It just happened to start at the same time.

Ever since this time, I've been having occasional Internet outages when I use internet on a sudden big bandwidth. Think of; Starting to Live-stream, Starting a YouTube video (in high resolution), Loading up an online client game, etc. These error codes are, in my Computer Logs, written with Error Code 10400 NDIS, which also comes paired with Event 4042 NCSI. A little research on google brought me on a different article here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-network/fda4a50a-7651-4e71-841d-1011eeb95db9 But this one got never resolved. Someone mentioned it could be a hardware issue, but never reported back whether it was the cause or not.

What happens is; When I make big use of Internet for a short duration, a process/driver resets itself, because according to the log, its hardware component has 'stopped responding'. It cuts out internet for 30 or 45 seconds, before trying again, only to end up failing as it's still not responding, rinse and repeat. Though, simply restarting my computer immediately resolves the problem, meaning for some reason, manually restarting 'whatever is causing this' helps fix it. It just can't do it autonomously.

My computer is relatively new, and I would very unlikely assume that this already is a hardware issue playing a role. At least, I definitely do not hope it's the case. But fact is too that I am also running out of answers rather than the inevitable "yeah, your network adapter on your MOBO has stopped working properly, better get a new one."

I really need some answers before making the bigger investments that, in case it turned out not to be the case, turned out futile/unnecessary.

:)

Uri de Vries, May 12, 2019

2. internet keeps dropping, says DNS error

Ok my internet line keeps dropping randomly every time I play a game, surf the web, etc. I do not know whats going on ISP changed the modem says it could be my router. I have never touched my router after doing the tomato firmware change, this is getting frustrating, any suggestions?

Things I have tried:
    Restarting modem and router
    Changing Modem
    Restarting modem from ISP(called them)

-1nf1n1ty-, May 12, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Internet Connection Keeps Dropping

Hello, are you always connected to the same router - or are you skipping to others? Suggest disabling these settings:

Internet keeps dropping out on moderate/heavy internet usage - Error Code 10400 [​IMG]

Also check your channel is not congested, and signal strength is adequate. There are freeware tools which can show you this information.

You might have to change band (frequency) - and in one scenario where someone was renting a place it was suggested the owner was restricting Wifi bandwidth...!

I'm sure others more experienced in these issues will comment.

dalchina, May 12, 2019
  4. altae Win User

Internet keeps dropping out on moderate/heavy internet usage - Error Code 10400

My internet keeps dropping out!

I suggest you connect your laptop to the router with a ethernet cable. If the wired connection is stable you know that there is nothing wrong with the internet connection itself and with your LAN. Next step would be to go to the website of your laptop manufacturer and look for the latest WLAN drivers. Install them and test whether it improves the reliability of your WLAN connection. Then post back the results.

altae, May 12, 2019
Thema:

Internet keeps dropping out on moderate/heavy internet usage - Error Code 10400

1. Internet keeps dropping out on moderate/heavy internet usage - Error Code 10400 - Similar Threads - Internet keeps dropping

2. Internet drop outs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet drop outs: For about 3 weeks Internet has repeatedly dropped out. Pages won't load time out or load abnormally slowly Get messages like " the System encountered a problem" or " The site can't be reached" or "Your connection was interrupted" Checked Event Viewer found repeated ERROR...
  3. Internet keeps dropping

Internet keeps dropping: My internet connection keeps going off and on line. I have restarted my computer and reset the router, troubleshoot the connection and it comes back with no problems. Still getting dropped connections...
  4. Internet keeps dropping

Internet keeps dropping: Hi everyone, I have been trying to solve this issue for ages and have tried everything I could find online, including many posts on these forums. My wifi connection keeps dropping out. Sometimes it's clearly a broken connection to the router i.e. the icon turns to no...
  5. Internet keeps dropping out Windows 10

Internet keeps dropping out Windows 10: Internet keeps dropping out Windows 10___so very frustrating__ can someone help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-keeps-dropping-out-windows-10/1256cb4e-e587-4f9e-8486-a274bf6ec7ef
  6. Internet Dropping out

Internet Dropping out: My windows 10 desk top is connected to my router via cable NOT WI_FI. Windows regularly disconnects briefly telling me that there is no internet. This is not true because other devices on the same network continue to function. Is this a known issue?...
  7. Internet connection keeps dropping out

Internet connection keeps dropping out: With out warning connection is lost cause the default Gateway is not available according to the checker. Still trying to sort that out and machine keeps crashing and freezing Any help would be grateful...
  8. Heavy Internet usage

Heavy Internet usage: Hey... I check whole pc but there is no update is running but my whole internet data is automatically used. When I checked the task manager it show BITS service is using that data. But if no update is running then what is happening....PLz help to solve this...
  9. Internet Keeps Dropping Out

Internet Keeps Dropping Out: I recently got a new PC and realized that there is a problem with the internet. I have an ethernet cable plugged in but every few minutes or so, my internet will drop for a second or 2 and come right back on. This is the same ethernet cable and everything I have been using on...
  10. My internet keeps dropping out!

My internet keeps dropping out!: I have so many reasons I need help with my network! For starters. Because of various reasons I just don't think it necessary to for me to get into here, my wife and I have decided to home school our daughter this fall. This means we MUST have good internet access. Then of...
Tags: