Windows 10: Internet keeps dropping, wifi signal is strong the whole time

Discus and support Internet keeps dropping, wifi signal is strong the whole time in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My windows 10 PC keeps dropping the internet connection. I don't mean the wifi; that is available and strong the whole time, just the internet. Other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mastiff37, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Internet keeps dropping, wifi signal is strong the whole time

My windows 10 PC keeps dropping the internet connection. I don't mean the wifi; that is available and strong the whole time, just the internet. Other computers and devices in the home are fine. Even the internet TV located in the same room is fine, so it's something to do with the PC itself. It can drop any time, but is less likely to do so when in use. If I leave it overnight, the internet is almost always gone when I come back. To get it back, I simply disconnect and reconnect to the wifi and it comes back immediately, but still annoying. Ideas?

submitted by /u/Mastiff37
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mastiff37, Jun 13, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Internet Connection Keeps Dropping

Hello, are you always connected to the same router - or are you skipping to others? Suggest disabling these settings:

Internet keeps dropping, wifi signal is strong the whole time [​IMG]

Also check your channel is not congested, and signal strength is adequate. There are freeware tools which can show you this information.

You might have to change band (frequency) - and in one scenario where someone was renting a place it was suggested the owner was restricting Wifi bandwidth...!

I'm sure others more experienced in these issues will comment.

dalchina, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Wifi signal drops

Both my wife's and my computer (both Dell Precision 4600) keep having random drops on our wifi signal, (running windows Pro.) The internet company has been out and changed out the router a month ago and this past week they put a watch on it. They claim
    the watch shows no drops

Emory Kent, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Internet keeps dropping, wifi signal is strong the whole time

Lumia 635 keeps droping Wifi signal.

I bought two Lumia 635 that keeps dropping the Wifi signal, it will show Wifi ON no Internet available. It is not my modem since I use an third phone a Lumia 521 that do not have this problem it stays on wifi all the time. Both my wife and my 635s have this
    problem.

Wifi will works as long as I'm on the phone browsing once I turn off the phone and turn it back on later wifi is not connected.I have to turn Wifi off then on again to get it work.

I have a strong wifi signal my 521 will get it way outside the house. I have tried all kinds of setting to no avail. I hope Win10 will fix the problem. I'll have to wait until ATT gets the update for my phone.

Mabecane54, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Internet keeps dropping, wifi signal is strong the whole time

1. Internet keeps dropping, wifi signal is strong the whole time - Similar Threads - Internet keeps dropping

2. have strong wifi signal but cannot connect to internet VAIO Laptop/ xp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    have strong wifi signal but cannot connect to internet VAIO Laptop/ xp: I have a VAIO laptop. It shows my wifi connection at bottom strong signal but cannot access internet on any programs It is xp and I used to get a signa at McDonalds when I would go form breakfast but at home not so lucky...
  3. have strong wifi signal but cannot connect to internet VAIO Laptop/ xp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    have strong wifi signal but cannot connect to internet VAIO Laptop/ xp: I have a VAIO laptop. It shows my wifi connection at bottom strong signal but cannot access internet on any programs It is xp and I used to get a signa at McDonalds when I would go form breakfast but at home not so lucky...
  4. PC Wifi signal keeps dropping after a few minutes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Wifi signal keeps dropping after a few minutes.: Problem: Wifi signal drops. If I disconnect and reconnect it will go back to normal and work for anywhere between 1 to 20 minutes before dropping again. When it drops the icon in the tray displays 0 bars while it's usually at full, and after a minute of that it will start...
  5. PC Wifi signal keeps dropping after a few minutes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC Wifi signal keeps dropping after a few minutes.: Problem: Wifi signal drops. If I disconnect and reconnect it will go back to normal and work for anywhere between 1 to 20 minutes before dropping again. When it drops the icon in the tray displays 0 bars while it's usually at full, and after a minute of that it will start...
  6. Not reading Wifi signals as strong as usual.

Not reading Wifi signals as strong as usual.: Hello-I'm not sure if it is the Windows 10 software or the HP hardware but ever since I got my HP Pavilion laptop/tablet back from the repairman who replaced the touchscreen my computer won't connect to it's usual strong Wifi connections. The connections show up but as...
  7. Wifi signal drops constantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi signal drops constantly: I've been having a reoccuring issue lately where my wifi connection becomes unusable at completely random times. It appears as the wifi connection wigit changing to show I am at half signal strength instead of full. I'm on a desktop, with a highspeed internet connection. I'm...
  8. Wifi cannot connect even though signal is strong.

Wifi cannot connect even though signal is strong.: After I updated my window, my usual wifi connection is errored. I get a message when trying to connect, "Some information changed since the last time you connected. We need additional information to complete the connection". And asking to put the network security key. But I...
  9. WiFi internet dropped frequently at random time?

WiFi internet dropped frequently at random time?: This has been bugging me for almost 2 years. Since 19xx update, my WiFi seem dropped its internet connection (WiFi still connected, IP still OK. And no, my internet is FINE). I need to disconnect and reconnect when it happen. Happen frequently when boot PC or wake from sleep....
  10. Internet intermittent with strong wifi signal

Internet intermittent with strong wifi signal: I recently refreshed Windows 10 on an old PC and have a new problem. While the wifi signal is strong (full bars) and never disconnects, the internet sometimes drops away. The wifi symbol is replaced with the "no internet" globe, but the signal still shows as strong and I'm...